Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Wilf Zaha - loaned to Lyon

He has been there and done that.

Would he really come to Leicester and turn it on in the less glamorous games when we really need the points.

Do we matter to him at this point in his career?

9 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

How many times in the last 10 years have we chased someone for weeks, got very close to completing a deal, then it’s fallen through because of something “unforeseen”?

I don’t want to keep saying it but most clubs have someone at the top of it whom is competent enough to be able to contact people who can support them in such matters. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, StanSP said:

That doesn't answer how this particular issue is a club one? 

We can't blame club for this, if Zaha wants to come back to the PL then he'll have to take a tax hit, we're paying a loan fee and Galatasaray are covering his wages but they're not going to pay a UK tax bill.

1 minute ago, trooky said:

We can't blame club for this, if Zaha wants to come back to the PL then he'll have to take a tax hit, we're paying a loan fee and Galatasaray are covering his wages but they're not going to pay a UK tax bill.

But the club should have taken all this into consideration and when having conversations with Zaha’s representatives asked if they had considered the tax implications of returning and what if any impact that would have to any wage demands etc. 

• Like 2

Just now, Claudio Fannieri said:

But the club should have taken all this into consideration and when having conversations with Zaha’s representatives asked if they had considered the tax implications of returning and what if any impact that would have to any wage demands etc. 

I mean you could quite literally be explaining what has happened and why the deal has seemingly failed?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

I am sorry but surely you would undertake some level of due diligence to understand the implications of bringing Zara back and what financial implications that may have to closing out such a deal. 

Spot on, yet no blame can be placed on the club in some fans eyes on here. GIVE OVER! They are incompetent charlatans.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, moore_94 said:

I mean you could quite literally be explaining what has happened and why the deal has seemingly failed?

Given the reports coming out it seems the deal had gone a long way down the line before someone actually realised that might be an issue. Surely that question would be one of the first questions asked before then exploring potential workarounds and loan fee structures etc. 

8 minutes ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

That’s Zaha’s agent’s job, not the club’s.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

Given the reports coming out it seems the deal had gone a long way down the line before someone actually realised that might be an issue. Surely that question would be one of the first questions asked before then exploring potential workarounds and loan fee structures etc. 

Why does it seem like we never do any due diligence when trying to sign our top targets?

8 minutes ago, Jordan said:

That’s Zaha’s agent’s job, not the club’s.

Agreed, but you’d hope that it would have been one of the first questions we would have asked.

I mean it’s less than a 30 second google search to find out the different tax rates in certain countries even for the most simple of us

I wanted this to happen but I do question how much he would be bothered playing for us.

He is Palace through and through. Not sure playing in a relegation scrap for a club in the midlands is going to get him going tbh. 

Just now, EastAnglianFox said:

Agreed, but you’d hope that it would have been one of the first questions we would have asked.

I mean it’s less than a 30 second google search to find out the different tax rates in certain countries even for the most simple of us

I know LCFC aren’t the best at completing transfers but I’m inclined to give the club a little more slack here as I’m also inclined to think Zaha’s agent hasn’t been doing the best by his client these last few years (and also that Zaha himself may not be the best decision-maker). After all, Zaha has wanted out of Turkey within a year of going there. 

I also think @moore_94’s hypothesis is correct and the club tried a few other reasonable options with Galatasaray and Zaha to make this work.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, EastAnglianFox said:

Perhaps we'd made the reasonable assumption that when the agent (or his accountant) presented the deal offer to Zaha he also highlighted  the tax implications. That's not the clubs responsibility at all

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

No need for my comment, its detailed above better x 2!

Edited by Dahnsouff

Fair enough if this breaks down over tax. However, what the club cannot afford is to them go down the list and see Ayew as an adequate replacement. That’s where they should be criticised on this, although past club behaviour on transfer always leaves open the possibility we could do more, to get this done.