Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Wilf Zaha - loaned to Lyon

15 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Dear HMRC, 

Please explain how IR35 works please.

Yeah basically put me out of business. Pay higher rate tax, with none of the benefits of a salaried employee, no longer able to claim travel or accommodation expenses, or become a salaried emoyee on half the money.

The bit about having set up a UK company hints at this. Also does the old year+ a day rule still apply? If he returns to UK hmrc may want to claim UK tax on his foreign earnings for last year as well as him paying higher rate here than in Turkey for the current year.

None of this is the clubs fault. We make an offer that we can afford, if he doesn't want to pay his tax then that is his decision. It would be foolish for us to make him our highest earner as a loan player

Edited by urban fox
  • Like 1

From a tax point of view, I’ve lived and worked in the USA for three years in October. I nearly had to move home last year and my accountant told me that if I did that before November of THIS year then I’d have to pay U.K. tax on all my earnings in the USA above the 19% tax rate that we pay in Florida. I still don’t fully understand it. 

The whole thing made my head hurt. But also I don’t earn anywhere near enough what Zaha does so come on mate, take a bit of a financial hit and come to our car crash of a club 😂

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, ALC Fox said:

Fvck me, football is shite.

Just loads of high net worth individuals fvcking about.

PRS, FFP, Clearlake Capital, King Power, Macquarie Bank, shell companies, multi-club models, tax evasion, points deductions, "I'm alright, Jack" attitudes, Super League, 39th game, World Club Cup nonsense.

Fvck me.

Jumpers for goalposts

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Fossehub make more shit up than The Daily Mail. His guys have just straight up admitted to tax evasion have they? Something that is illegal and could get you sent down. 

At best it's an avoidance, and even then you wouldn't make it public like that. Honest to god I hate that Fossehub account. They will get done for libel one of these days if they aren't careful and just go for Social Media engagement harvesting with triple like this. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, ramboacdc said:

Fossehub make more shit up than The Daily Mail. His guys have just straight up admitted to tax evasion have they? Something that is illegal and could get you sent down. 

At best it's an avoidance, and even then you wouldn't make it public like that. Honest to god I hate that Fossehub account. They will get done for libel one of these days if they aren't careful and just go for Social Media engagement harvesting with triple like this. 

Fossehub only quote sources - they make absolutely nothing up themselves.

It’s also interesting that they’ve implemented a ‘reliability scale’ with Tiers very similar to the one on here; so chances are the operator(s) of that account frequent here too! 

5 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

To clarify, FosseHub don't make anything up. 

They're a quoting a source that they referenced in their tweet. 

Well unless that source has mentioned it in his replies to someone (I can't see them as I don't have a Twitter account), they haven't mentioned tax evasion or tweeted since August 5th.  Have they posted something in replies anyone who can see them or is it because I don't have an account I can't see these tweets? Fossehub haven't tweeted in a while according to what I can see. 

Edit: oops. Didn't realise that link would post every tweet they had ever sent. I'll get that deleted! 

Edited by ramboacdc
  • Haha 1

Just now, ramboacdc said:

I didn't know the link would do that. You mean you don't want to see every tweet some Turkish bloke has ever posted? What sort of afternoon did you have planned?

He posted it as a quote reply to one of his previous tweets

IMG_9732.jpeg

2 minutes ago, DJ Barry Hammond said:

I think that post crashed the thread briefly didn’t it 😂

I think he nearly took down the whole of the internet in Leicester with that. My browser crashed lol

• Haha 1

You can say things like oh this could only happen to us and call it bad luck or whatever but this is another stark reminder of where we are at as a club. 

Can you imagine us in 2020 being told by a player he's been dodging tax on a business so you'll have to wait? We'd have numerous targets and tell him to do one. 

I'd give him a couple of days to sort his shit but we can't afford to have another Soule situation. It's embarrassing that we have been so slow to sort all this anyway. 

• Like 1