Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Wilf Zaha - loaned to Lyon

3 hours ago, Scotch said:

Buonanotte is u21 and Zaha is homegrown. Neither would count as one of the two loan registrations. 

19 minutes ago, Scotch said:

Direct from PL website...

They are:
- Premier League clubs may not register more than two players on loan at any one time.
- The maximum number of loans registrable in the same season is four, and, under no circumstances, shall more than one be from the same club at any one time.
- Premier League clubs cannot loan to another Premier League club a player they have acquired in the same transfer window.
- A Premier League club may loan not more than one of its goalkeepers to another Premier League club.

Premier League clubs may not register more than two players on loan at any one time.

(From PL or English clubs)

Buonanotte Would count as one player on loan from the PL and one of the four maximum for the season. He is not exempt because he is an under 21.

That rule is in relation to the total maximum players can a club can have loaned in/out at anyone time which is now six (unless homegrown or under 21)

Zaha would also count as one of the four maximum loans in the season as he is based outside the PL.

8 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

Premier League clubs may not register more than two players on loan at any one time.

(From PL or English clubs)

Buonanotte Would count as one player on loan from the PL and one of the four maximum for the season. He is not exempt because he is an under 21.

That rule is in relation to the total maximum players can a club can have loaned in/out at anyone time which is now six (unless homegrown or under 21)

Zaha would also count as one of the four maximum loans in the season as he is based outside the PL.

You got a link for that? As everything I've been able to find disagrees. Including the PL website. 

1 hour ago, Happy Fox said:

If and it’s a very big if , we manage to get Zaha on loan he will be the difference in keeping us up.

I think we'd still need a decent striker and a decent centre mid, then I'd hold out hope

Just now, splinterdream said:

I think we'd still need a decent striker and a decent centre mid, then I'd hold out hope

Not sure we'd need a striker as we may rotate zaha and mavididi down the middle plus the options of Cannon and Vardy. Any spare money we have needs to be on a creative centre mid that can chip in with goals to fill the KDH gap

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jayfox26 said:

Not sure we'd need a striker as we may rotate zaha and mavididi down the middle plus the options of Cannon and Vardy. Any spare money we have needs to be on a creative centre mid that can chip in with goals to fill the KDH gap

Buonanotte fills the no10 with Alves.

Need cover/starter to chop and change with Winks.

Agree if Zaha did come in (big if) we might not need another striker, as he’d be quality up top, as good as anything we could get in, in terms of who we’ve been linked with.

3 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

thought cannon was as good as gone west brom? I agree though we need a tielemens (in his day) type player but still think we need a striker, hoping we can pull this all out the bag

• Like 1

Problem we have is, if we do get Zaha we can't get anymore loans in, so a new striker would have to be a permanent and not sure we have the money. Any decent striker for this level would cost £20m minimum 

Was meant to quote @splinterdream

Edited by jayfox26

1 minute ago, jayfox26 said:

Problem we have is, if we do get Zaha we can't get anymore loans in, so a new striker would have to be a permanent and not sure we have the money. Any decent striker for this level would cost £20m minimum 

Well.... that's up for debate but there doesn't seem to be definitve info on it online. Givemesport seem to think the loan restrictions don't apply to players under 21 or homegrown players so neither Zaha or Buonanotte would count but the PL site doesn't mention this. 

2 minutes ago, Scotch said:

You got a link for that? As everything I've been able to find disagrees. Including the PL website. 

9 minutes ago, Scotch said:

Yeah, that's what I've been quoting. The poster i was asking was adding different stipulations which I've not been able to find anywhere. 

“But there are restrictions on how many players top-flight clubs can loan from other Premier League/English clubs. Loan rules in the 2022/23 Premier League handbook state: "Premier League clubs may not register more than two players on loan at any one time”

The rule stated above has to cover English clubs as you could have examples of Everton loaning multiple Leeds players to strengthen their squad like when they signed only Harrison

What stipulations are you asking about?

If there was a loophole of under 21s being loaned and homegrown players being exempt there would be untold examples of it of weaker clubs that have needed to exploit it. Luton, Forest and Burnley for example in recent years.

3 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

“But there are restrictions on how many players top-flight clubs can loan from other Premier League/English clubs. Loan rules in the 2022/23 Premier League handbook state: "Premier League clubs may not register more than two players on loan at any one time”

The rule stated above has to cover English clubs as you could have examples of Everton loaning multiple Leeds players to strengthen their squad like when they signed only Harrison

What stipulations are you asking about?

If there was a loophole of under 21s being loaned and homegrown players being exempt there would be untold examples of it of weaker clubs that have needed to exploit it. Luton, Forest and Burnley for example in recent years.

For one, your claim that the restrictions only apply to domestic loans. The rules I've posted earlier where from the PL website and make no distinctions between domestic or international loans. 4 loans in a season, only two at one time. It doesn't state that only applies to English clubs. 

The second part about u21 and homegrown players being exempt isn't on the website either but I quoted from givemesports. I'm not sure where they've pulled that from but you seem sure it's not applicable. 

One thing I did point out previously though and you've done it again there is you keep quoting rules prior to this transfer window and there are a few sources stating that the rules have changed for this season so the things you are quoting seem to be outdated. 

29 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

Was meant to quote @splinterdream

My God, PSR prevents you from spending, but also prevents you from loaning, it's just hindering progress, it's like we're trying to operate with hands tied behind our backs

• Like 1

1 minute ago, splinterdream said:

My God, PSR prevents you from spending, but also prevents you from loaning, it's just hindering progress, it's like we're trying to operate with hands tied behind our backs

Yep it's a farce. We are being punished doubly for overspending as we are most likely going to get a points deduction plus not being able to spend. Could take years for us to get back to any decent level in terms of finances and fighting further up the Premier league table. 

1 minute ago, Scotch said:

For one, your claim that the restrictions only apply to domestic loans. The rules I've posted earlier where from the PL website and make no distinctions between domestic or international loans. 4 loans in a season, only two at one time. It doesn't state that only applies to English clubs. 

The second part about u21 and homegrown players being exempt isn't on the website either but I quoted from givemesports. I'm not sure where they've pulled that from but you seem sure it's not applicable. 

One thing I did point out previously though and you've done it again there is you keep quoting rules prior to this transfer window and there are a few sources stating that the rules have changed for this season so the things you are quoting seem to be outdated. 

You have taken a quote out of context.

The part you have quoted and applied to loans is underlined.

As I have repeatedly said, this is now 6 maximum loans for July 24 it’s not outdated it changed to 6 in July 24. 

the full quote 

These rules were introduced by the Premier League ahead of the 2019/20 season. They have continued to change in recent years, with FIFA announcing in January 2022 that by July 2024, the number of players allowed to be loaned out and loaned in will be reduced from eight to six. During the 2023/24 season, clubs were allowed seven loan players in and seven loaned out.

It is worth noting that these restrictions don't apply to players under the age of 21 or "homegrown" talents, who are defined as players who have spent time at their current club or another in the same country for at least three years between the ages of 15 and 21.

1 hour ago, HankMarvin said:

You have taken a quote out of context.

The part you have quoted and applied to loans is underlined.

As I have repeatedly said, this is now 6 maximum loans for July 24 it’s not outdated it changed to 6 in July 24. 

the full quote 

These rules were introduced by the Premier League ahead of the 2019/20 season. They have continued to change in recent years, with FIFA announcing in January 2022 that by July 2024, the number of players allowed to be loaned out and loaned in will be reduced from eight to six. During the 2023/24 season, clubs were allowed seven loan players in and seven loaned out.

It is worth noting that these restrictions don't apply to players under the age of 21 or "homegrown" talents, who are defined as players who have spent time at their current club or another in the same country for at least three years between the ages of 15 and 21.

But my confusion comes from the fact that if you scroll up from that paragraph you just quoted to the previous one, directly before it, you get...

• Premier League clubs may not register more than two players on loan at any one time.
  • The maximum number of loans registrable in the same season is four, and, under no circumstances, shall more than one be from the same club at any one time.
  • Premier League clubs cannot loan to another Premier League club a player they have acquired in the same transfer window.
  • A Premier League club may loan not more than one of its goalkeepers to another Premier League club.

....so where do the "maximum of six" come from that they then state? 

It appears we are deliberating two sides of a very poorly written article. 

1 hour ago, Scotch said:

But my confusion comes from the fact that if you scroll up from that paragraph you just quoted to the previous one, directly before it, you get...

• Premier League clubs may not register more than two players on loan at any one time.
  • The maximum number of loans registrable in the same season is four, and, under no circumstances, shall more than one be from the same club at any one time.
  • Premier League clubs cannot loan to another Premier League club a player they have acquired in the same transfer window.
  • A Premier League club may loan not more than one of its goalkeepers to another Premier League club.

....so where do the "maximum of six" come from that they then state? 

It appears we are deliberating two sides of a very poorly written article. 

Having looked further at other clubs previous transfers this seems to be a bit of a grey area and nothing truly definitive, so for clarification i have ran it through a super computer (fm24) :)

The new rule on loans was brought in by fifa from 8, 7,  to six over the past 3 seasons

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/12520895/transfer-news-fifa-announces-radical-new-loan-plans-that-will-limit-clubs-to-six-loan-exits-per-season

I presume the 6 player rule is now applicable to be applied to 7 players over the age of 22 from a foreign club as the game is last season, and as above also includes players

loaned out

image.png.57223ba33ad5bce1f21c72296d2eab1e.png

Edited by HankMarvin
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Happy Fox said:

If and it’s a very big if , we manage to get Zaha on loan he will be the difference in keeping us up.

need to get a decent LB first

4 hours ago, Happy Fox said:

After the Lens game there will be a short amnesty to allow posters to reconsider their comments.  :)

• Haha 3