Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Wilf Zaha - loaned to Lyon

8 minutes ago, lcfcsnow said:

Zaha is the kind of player that has be the main man. It feels like the players are already not happy and arguing pre season, really not sure adding Zaha to the mix is going to help. The days of building a squad and taking their personality into account seem to be gone here now.

Pearson's promotion team is a great example. We had obviously some talented players, but they were a team, knew their jobs and believed in the process and the manager. The best squad, no but the attitude and commitment was always there. That is what I want to get back to. 

Edited by fox_favourite
  • Like 1

Translation: Nevzat Dindar: "Galatasaray opened up its limits by loaning Zaha to Leicester City and got rid of the salary burden, but wrote a minus of 700-800 thousand € . Leicester City will pay 8 million € for the loan, but Zaha's expense is higher for Galatasaray."

1 hour ago, moore_94 said:

Wilfried Zaha at Leicester City for 1 year. (Nevzat Dindar)

- No option.
- Rental fee: Approximately 8 million Euros
- Salary: Will be covered by Galatasaray.
- Galatasaray will have a 'negative balance' of 700-800 thousand Euros due to salary and rental fees.

So they pay his wages? Nice!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dooflip said:

To be fair, Lingard had a great time at West Ham the season before and was in the form of his life. A lot of people, me included, were  certain he would do well at Forest.

He did ok at West Ham. Not well enough for them to go back in for him.

Certainly wasn't in the form of his life 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, MPH said:

6 million pounds for one season? Wow. I suppose it would be worth it if it works..

If the story was it was £0 fee and we just covered his wages, I think people would be happy. This is less £ than that!

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, ACF said:

If the story was it was £0 fee and we just covered his wages, I think people would be happy. This is less £ than that!

The 6 million is JUST the loan fee. We will

be paying wages aswel.

6 minutes ago, MPH said:

be paying wages aswel.

No we're not. That's the point. Or at least so all the links say. I guess for either FFP reasons or cashflow.

15 minutes ago, MPH said:

be paying wages aswel.

That's not what has been said. 

Gala pay his wages, we pay a fee that equates to just over 100k a week.

6 minutes ago, dmayne7 said:

No we're not. That's the point. Or at least so all the links say. I guess for either FFP reasons or cashflow.

Apparently under Greek tax rules professional athletes only pay a flat rate 20% tax. In order that we don't have to gross up his wages to cover the extra tax he would pay in UK he will continue being paid by gala with us paying an enhanced loan fee to cover it. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MPH said:

6 million pounds for one season? Wow. I suppose it would be worth it if it works..

It's the risk we must take if we are going to give ourselves a chance to stay up. 

Don't think it will be enough though. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, urban fox said:

Apparently under Greek tax rules professional athletes only pay a flat rate 20% tax. In order that we don't have to gross up his wages to cover the extra tax he would pay in UK he will continue being paid by gala with us paying an enhanced loan fee to cover it. 

16 minutes ago, urban fox said:

Greek tax rules? What about Turkish rules?

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, urban fox said:

Errrr Galatasaray aren't Greek :blink:

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

That's not what has been said. 

Gala pay his wages, we pay a fee that equates to just over 100k a week.

I don’t mean to be offensive but I’m sure  he’s  100k a week is what he’s earning so I find it hard to believe we are not having to pay a loan fee, if it’s his wages..

2 hours ago, urban fox said:

If he is working in the UK he will be subject to UK tax regardless of where the actual payment occurs.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, MPH said:

He’d be our best player if we sign him. Not that we have a midfield to create anything for him or any other forwards.