Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Wilf Zaha - loaned to Lyon

7 hours ago, MPH said:

I don’t mean to be offensive but I’m sure  he’s  100k a week is what he’s earning so I find it hard to believe we are not having to pay a loan fee, if it’s his wages..

Report out of Turkey saying Galatasaray aren't recouping enough from the deal to cover all his wages, it leave them still covering some.

9 hours ago, Long Eaton Fox said:

Greek tax rules? What about Turkish rules?

8 hours ago, ROB-THE-BLUE said:

Errrr Galatasaray aren't Greek :blink:

Yeah. It was late but you get the drift

7 hours ago, MPH said:

I don’t mean to be offensive but I’m sure  he’s  100k a week is what he’s earning so I find it hard to believe we are not having to pay a loan fee, if it’s his wages..

The 100k was nett of tax.  It works out to be around a £7m layout for us. I doubt palace or anyone else will now pay more than that.  I fully expect him not to end up at the KP.  

7 hours ago, Jon the Hat said:

If he is working in the UK he will be subject to UK tax regardless of where the actual payment occurs.

If he is here for less than a full Calender year he will pay tax in the country where he is employed. He will still be an employee of the parent club so effectively non-dom in the uk for tax purposes

8 minutes ago, urban fox said:

If he is here for less than a full Calender year he will pay tax in the country where he is employed. He will still be an employee of the parent club so effectively non-dom in the uk for tax purposes

Nope.

22 minutes ago, Scotch said:

Spurs apparently interested now according to TEAMTALK. 

Teamtalk is ran by Sean from Enderby 

Edited by Ryy
  • Haha 1

We’ve been used this year to get deals done for other clubs. The Soule deal was prime example. There was no chance we were paying £30 plus million for anyone. The problem is, if you make yourself a pawn for agents, you’re used for their purposes. Nelson, this one, Asprilla, all deals which other clubs who had genuine interest and did their ground work would’ve had done. We don’t have the financial ability to them. 

Top and Rudkin have made us specific agents bitch. Now we have to behave like the bitch and hope to get the odd crumb. The fact we have no plan for this summer and are again waiting for the final week of the window is another disgrace engineered by the two of them. 

• Like 1

I can’t for the life of me see why we are surprised, critical, disappointed when players find other clubs more appealing than us….in reality we have signed no-one, facing points deduction, they can go elsewhere, likely for more money. In possibly a nicer living environment…..we are only going to sign players in the end of career, in it for the money bracket, only thinking of themselves….we will sign some players, 7 days before the season start, plenty of time to bed them into a new playing system…..perfect 

9 hours ago, MPH said:

Why? Clubs do this to us all the time. 

You think Torino covered all of Dennis Praet's wages AND gave us a fee? Ditto Slimani to Fener, Ghezal to Fiorentina, Hamza to Watford, etc? 

Gala pay Zaha silly money because the Turkish clubs and them in particular got massive financial windfalls from their government and have been the highest spending clubs outside the Prem for the last few years. 

They're just looking for a club to come in and take as much of that financial burden as possible off them for a year because his wages are too high to sell him. Familiar story? 

2 hours ago, st albans fox said:

We’ve been ready to pay for a few players ….. none of which is at seagrave 

"We need to move quickly so no one else puts in a last minute offer and he decides to go there instead!"

"47p .... 48p  .... 49p ....Okay, I'm just checking we have enough. £7 million right?. Damn I've lost count again. 1p .... 2p .... 3p"

Screenshot_20240811_122656_Google.thumb.jpg.d24667c10f848a83d563a38fe7b0d5d6.jpg

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Percy confirms talks ongoing. 

A bid going in yesterday he say’s - hmmm, no doubt at around 17:14z

No chance that won’t look like a bid of desperation that allows Panathinaikos to pull our pants down! 

I suspect Gala will smell the wiff of despair from us on the Zaha deal too.