Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Wilf Zaha - loaned to Lyon

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

Why? Clubs do this to us all the time. 

You think Torino covered all of Dennis Praet's wages AND gave us a fee? Ditto Slimani to Fener, Ghezal to Fiorentina, Hamza to Watford, etc? 

Gala pay Zaha silly money because the Turkish clubs and them in particular got massive financial windfalls from their government and have been the highest spending clubs outside the Prem for the last few years. 

They're just looking for a club to come in and take as much of that financial burden as possible off them for a year because his wages are too high to sell him. Familiar story? 

I totally get clubs cover part of the wages,  and pay a loan fee…  it I haven’t heard before of a club paying the wages but no loan fee..

to me, it’s becoming more apparent that this is agent released info considering the interest it’s sparked…

3 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

Report out of Turkey saying Galatasaray aren't recouping enough from the deal to cover all his wages, it leave them still covering some.

Yes it’s not uncommon for a club to pay part wages

1 minute ago, MPH said:

I haven’t heard before of a club paying the wages but no loan fee..

I think this is semantics to be fair.

I think a lot of people have their idea of how transfer finances work from Football Manager and similar computer games. The reality is going to be a lot more complex and variable and I think over the last few years with football finance experts becoming journalists etc we're starting to change our language and our understanding around transfers.

At the end of the day, what's essentially being said is that it's going to cost us 8m to loan him. You can consider that a fee or us paying part of his wages it doesn't really matter does it tbh. Tomayto tomahto. It's all just money for Zaha.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, beastfootballx said:

Zaha almost a leicester player

This happens and things look a lot better, regardless of whether we feel its value for money etc.

We just need a couple more now.

Still got my heart set on szmodics - think he would do great as our 10. The Greek lad up top looks mustard.

• Like 3

Just now, HankMarvin said:

Percy said talks ongoing nothing agreed yet, a few hours ago

I suppose I should know better than getting excited at what FosseHub post, even if they are quoting sources..

Just now, dooflip said:

This happens and things look a lot better, regardless of whether we feel its value for money etc.

We just need a couple more now.

Still got my heart set on szmodics - think he would do great as our 10. The Greek lad up top looks mustard.

Zaha, Mr Greek  and a good AM would be great news.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, MPH said:

I suppose I should know better than getting excited at what FosseHub post, even if they are quoting sources..

They're just quoting other rumours and citing the sources. They don't post their own rumours. They post good and bad. 

Percy has confirmed our interest in Zaha. 

But Percy will only write when he's actually sure of something, meaning he's often a bit slower on the uptake when it involves foreign clubs that have a huge itk network and massive online presence. 

The Gala ITKs broke the Yunus news before anyone else and they were spot on about it tbf. If high tier Gala ITKs are saying this is imminent then quite frankly I believe it. 

• Like 4

Hope we can get Zaha and a couple others and then hopefully we will be competitive on the field. Felt sorry for Cooper yesterday and some overreaction about his job before a competitive match even played. Ridiculous.

• Like 4

If he has retained his form from a couple of years ago he'd be a perfect fit for Cooper's style. Better as a central striker when Hodgson shifted him there. The mess this club is in, they need to push the boat out and get this one over the line as a Marquee Signing to lift everyone. 

3 minutes ago, Gazza M said:

Hope we can get Zaha and a couple others and then hopefully we will be competitive on the field. Felt sorry for Cooper yesterday and some overreaction about his job before a competitive match even played. Ridiculous.

Exactly this. I'll admit I wasn't overly keen on him as a choice of manager, but let's give the guy a chance first. Pre-season may not have given us a lot of hope, but it's not a true test of what's to come. 

I'd have liked to see more signs of progress, but it's not how we play in the preseason that matters. 

Let's do our part as fans and get behind him and the team while he's here.

30 minutes ago, MPH said:

Zaha, Mr Greek  and a good AM would be great news.

Did we not just pick up the Am from Brighton? Either way if these deals come off It’s starting to look a bunch rosier 

2 minutes ago, dbtcity said:

Did we not just pick up the Am from Brighton? Either way if these deals come off It’s starting to look a bunch rosier 

Hopefully we get another AM, whilst he looks decent I personally don’t think he is good enough yet to be that “big star creator” we need from an AM in out side

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, l444ry said:

If he has retained his form from a couple of years ago he'd be a perfect fit for Cooper's style. Better as a central striker when Hodgson shifted him there. The mess this club is in, they need to push the boat out and get this one over the line as a Marquee Signing to lift everyone. 

The last season he had in the prem?

4 minutes ago, Bert said:

He was defo at Seagrave yesterday 

Feel like we need this and Fotis to both happen and sooner rather than later.

Ideally in time to make the bench against Spurs (can't see either being thrown straight in even with our injuries, but will hopefully mean they are able to make an impact from game 1).

We're so poor right now, defensively and creating chances ... 

I still want us to sign 1 more decent centre back, ideally with some pace, before the window closes, as well as maybe another midfielder on top of these two transfers.