Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Wilf Zaha - loaned to Lyon

2 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

This would be an incredibly weird signing, just one of those players you think would never play for Leicester. 

That’s what happens when players go to countries like Turkey, when they want to come back they can’t really pick where they end up.

3 hours ago, MPH said:

I totally get clubs cover part of the wages,  and pay a loan fee…  it I haven’t heard before of a club paying the wages but no loan fee..

to me, it’s becoming more apparent that this is agent released info considering the interest it’s sparked…

The large loan fee, and then wages paid by them just facilitates either them getting the money up front, or us being able to pay it up front and someone will benefit from that.

I don’t think there is any reason to over think it. The amounts paid will be the same whether upfront or in dribs and drabs. 

Edited by Babylon
  • Like 2

I was desperate for us to sign Zaha a few seasons ago. 

He is a player who always plays really well against us! 

Hopefully this actually happens

34 minutes ago, VLC86 said:

That’s what happens when players go to countries like Turkey, when they want to come back they can’t really pick where they end up.

Yeah weird how these kinda guys go to turkey, surely the money isn’t that good and then they always seem to come back to England. 

7 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

Would be a great signing 

Might be in the minority here, just don’t think he’s the same player he was 

Palace fans was saying the same the last season he was there, which is more a worry 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, dayday said:

Might be in the minority here, just don’t think he’s the same player he was 

Palace fans was saying the same the last season he was there, which is more a worry 

Always had the feeling he was fed up after not being allowed his big move and probably regrets a few things.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, dbtcity said:

Did we not just pick up the Am from Brighton? Either way if these deals come off It’s starting to look a bunch rosier 

considering there’s probably going to be some injuries in the season, I’d hate to go into with with just a ( very good) 19 year old as our main AM

41 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Surely he could do better than the slog of a relegation battle with us? Be amazing if this happens but I just can't see it.

If he watched yesterdays match with players unhappy, arguing with each other and a uninspiring manager, there is no chance he would want to come.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Surely he could do better than the slog of a relegation battle with us? Be amazing if this happens but I just can't see it.

They signed him on a contract til 2026 and paid him ridiculous wages to go there. 

Nobody is going to buy him now and pay a 31 year old those wages or want to give him a 3, 4, 5 year contract. 

He's still probably in the back end of his prime and in fairly good shape but he's not getting another elite contract without going to be a marquee signing in a pub league like America.

If he wants to play in an elite league he either takes a loan or accepts a significant wage cut. 

Most settled clubs in better shape than us aren't looking to loan a 31 year old winger they've no interest in keeping long term or developing. But we're very specifically in a situation where we need to cover a lot of positions all at once. 

I'd say we're the perfect club for it to be a good deal for everyone involved. 

• Like 1