Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Wilf Zaha - loaned to Lyon

45 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Do people realise that you need a squad to play football? Im convinced people have lost their minds….. it’s as if football has only just been invented…………

The modern mind, completely incapable of chaining a few thoughts together. Critical thinking is no more. 

• Like 2

Stephy had zero competition last season and phoned it in on several occassions because of this. Not to mention he was exhausted by March! 

16 minutes ago, Jobyfox said:

If I google “Wilfred Zaha” most of the links that appear are with Crystal Palace 

Surely he goes there if their interest is in any way serious 

Well that was silly. 

• Haha 4

4 hours ago, MPH said:

imagine being the guy who doesn’t want Zaha….

I would say it's great to get bodies in but he's not better than either Mavididi or Vardy.

Good depth but his wages are eyewatering.

5 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

I would say it's great to get bodies in but he's not better than either Mavididi or Vardy.

Vards is going to be a bit part player this season 

He didn’t look great in the PL two seasons ago - he’s now two years older. 

Mavs is an unknown at this level - could be anything. He’s certainly not a top six player but no reason why he couldn’t hold his own just below that level - but he hasn’t done it yet so we just don’t know. 

zaha is proven in that area in the PL 

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

Vards is going to be a bit part player this season 

He didn’t look great in the PL two seasons ago - he’s now two years older. 

Mavs is an unknown at this level - could be anything. He’s certainly not a top six player but no reason why he couldn’t hold his own just below that level - but he hasn’t done it yet so we just don’t know. 

zaha is proven in that area in the PL 

Everything you've said about Vardy could be said about Zaha.

Re. the part in bold. We don't need players to be top six standard or even just below that. I think some are in for a massive wake up call.

23 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

What evidence have you got that he's not better than Mavididi?

Zaha has proven PL numbers over a number of seasons. Has Mavididi?

6 minutes ago, Tazfox said:

What evidence have you got that he's not better than Mavididi?

Zaha has proven PL numbers over a number of seasons. Has Mavididi?

Zaha is past it with a terrible attitude.

Obviously there's no evidence that Mavididi is a better player at this level because he's not played at this level. All that we can go on is what we see with our eyes. I suppose you'll just have to wait and see if you've not watched much of Zaha since he was a good Premier League player.

32 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Everything you've said about Vardy could be said about Zaha.

Re. the part in bold. We don't need players to be top six standard or even just below that. I think some are in for a massive wake up call.

Zaha is 31

If a coach can motivate him then there is a good season in his legs 

Mavs - I was being polite - I see nothing to make me think he will perform consistently at the level we need. I hope I’m wrong 

Edited by st albans fox

Loaning Zaha could be immense.  A lad who still has the quality and presumably a point to prove, playing as a loanee with a bit more freedom that comes with being on loan.

He's always had decent stats in the prem.  He's also a bit nasty, which we've missed on the pitch.  

He's certainly an upgrade on Bobby & Stephy.  Probably on Abdul too at this level.  If we can get him in plus that Greek lad up top, we're in a better position.

• Like 4

With constant links to wingers could it not be that 4 will be used every game, as in 2 start with the instruction to run hard these are then replaced at the 60-70min mark the next 2 come on full of beans to continue the press on tiring defenders.

Then the following week the 2nd pair start and repeat?

Zaha going full throttle then bringing on Mavi (vice verse) will keep the opposition fullback on his toes.

Slightly weaker on the other side but still same thought process.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, BKLFox said:

With constant links to wingers could it not be that 4 will be used every game, as in 2 start with the instruction to run hard these are then replaced at the 60-70min mark the next 2 come on full of beans to continue the press on tiring defenders.

Then the following week the 2nd pair start and repeat?

Zaha going full throttle then bringing on Mavi (vice verse) will keep the opposition fullback on his toes.

Slightly weaker on the other side but still same thought process.

Gone are the days when you can simply rely on a first 11.

With 5 subs, it’s pretty much guaranteed that a team will make a change in midfield, wide and striker areas - and that those that you bring on are as important quality wise as those you start with.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Okay so we need to address a couple of things. 

Attitude… Zaha does not have a “terrible attitude”, there’s a real misconception around how players conduct themselves on the pitch and their “attitude”.

Zaha is professionally arrogant, he is confident in his abilities and this is evident with his body language on the pitch. He gets in the ear of his opposition, he winds them up, he’s in the ears of the officials, he gives a bit to the fans, his behaviour can frustrate opposing players and fans leading to free kicks and penalties….. he’s also got the ability to back this up too, as he is likely to stick on in the top corner after 80 minutes of tomfoolery. 

This is not a bad attitude because it yields positive results for the team. 

A bad attitude would be a player whose attitude negatively impacts the team and doesn’t provide any results at all. Dennis Wise had a bad attitude….

He also isn’t “past it” 31 is no longer over the hill…. He’s. An athlete, he’s not some 90’s winger with years of injuries, booze and drugs all come to catch up with him, he is still in great shape and will still have the attributes that made his a pain in the arse for teams for years. 

Why some people can’t see we could do with someone like Zaha is confusing, he’s experienced and his shithousery is what we’re going to need in those horrible scrappy games that could give us vital points. 

Completely agree, we need some arrogance. Someone who, when we're playing poorly and struggling will demand the ball and try and make things happen. 

6 hours ago, gurru991 said:

I can imagine it quite easily ... Can you ??

no, because I have a more realistic idea of the position we are in and the skill he can bring to our team.