Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Wilf Zaha - loaned to Lyon

2 hours ago, AKCJ said:

I would say it's great to get bodies in but he's not better than either Mavididi or Vardy.

Good depth but his wages are eyewatering.

Well Vardy is out injured for a start… plus  he’s obviously 37 and not a winger…

i actually think having a top quality experienced winger like Zaha would be wonderful for Mavididi and Fatawu to learn from..

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MPH said:

Well Vardy is out injured for a start… plus  he’s obviously 37 and not a winger…

i actually think having a top quality experienced winger like Zaha would be wonderful for Mavididi and Fatawu to learn from..

Yeah my point is more that I don't think we should be spending 8-9m on someone that doesn't actually improve our best 11. I don't disagree with the fact he's an experienced and proven player at this level, i just doubt that his physicality and mentality will keep him at a higher level than our current players. I do think he's past it.

1 minute ago, AKCJ said:

Yeah my point is more that I don't think we should be spending 8-9m on someone that doesn't actually improve our best 11. I don't disagree with the fact he's an experienced and proven player at this level, i just doubt that his physicality and mentality will keep him at a higher level than our current players. I do think he's past it.

Make no mistake, this guy has scored amazing goals in the prem before and turned top defenders inside out. We’d be foolish to turn down this opportunity. That 8m will give  experience, assists and goals in the prem and that could go a large way to helping us stay up and would be worth every penny.

Just now, MPH said:

Make no mistake, this guy has scored amazing goals in the prem before and turned top defenders inside out. We’d be foolish to turn down this opportunity. That 8m will give  experience, assists and goals in the prem and that could go a large way to helping us stay up and would be worth every penny.

Vardy has all of that and more.

7 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

I'm not entirely convinced he still has this for us at 37.... as painful as that is to say. 

Edited by Greg2607

1 minute ago, UniFox21 said:

That is a large fee for a years loan. 

Wonder if there's a suggestion if it does go well he could move over permanently for a small fee

We know he’s capable and a very solid prem player so he could well be the difference come end of season opposed to random talented European or championship player

Just now, Dahnsouff said:

And why wouldn't you want it twice? 

Because it's going to cost us over 10m euro!

I'm surprised i'm in the minority that sees this as a bad deal. It stinks of desperation.

He's on a massive wedge and has a very questionable attitude. He doesn't strike me as the type to lead younger players in the same way Vardy does.

Galatasaray fans pretty much all say that he's lost his explosive pace and that his attitude is appalling. This all comes after years of being the big man in a small pond at Palace (who improved as soon as he left).

• Like 3

1 minute ago, UniFox21 said:

That is a large fee for a years loan. 

Wonder if there's a suggestion if it does go well he could move over permanently for a small fee

That'll be including wages so £4m wages and £4m fee for the privilege which isn't bad but pretty shit for a years account isn't it?

2 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Because it's going to cost us over 10m euro!

I'm surprised i'm in the minority that sees this as a bad deal. It stinks of desperation.

He's on a massive wedge and has a very questionable attitude. He doesn't strike me as the type to lead younger players in the same way Vardy does.

Galatasaray fans pretty much all say that he's lost his explosive pace and that his attitude is appalling. This all comes after years of being the big man in a small pond at Palace (who improved as soon as he left).

Not sure if it's been mentioned yet, but we could sign this forward from Blackburn for a similar fee apparently 

15 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Remember his last season in the prem? 

it would be madness to pin all our hopes on a 37 year old who is now injured who frankly didn’t do well when last in the prem..

• Like 2

Just now, MPH said:

Remember his last season in the prem? 

it would be madness to pin all our hopes on a 37 year old who is now injured who frankly didn’t do well when last in the prem..

I don't think we should or will put all our hopes on Vardy. Sounds like a mixture of Hlozek, Vardy and Daka will be our strikers.

• Like 1

Am I right in thinking we wouldn't be covering the wages? Just the loan fee?

If so, 10m euros is c.£8.5m pounds. Let's say he's on £70k- that's £3.5m.

So in reality, the fee is more like £5m. 

The lift he would give the place would probably be worth it alone, I'd say- I'm not one to usually read too much into pre-season but things all felt a bit hopeless before the last few rumours emerged.

Edited by Ted Maul
  • Like 2

Just now, sdb said:

10 mill for a year is pretty eye watering 

It’s not if he keeps us up! Get zaha Holzek and the Greek lad and it’s absolutely massive statement 

• Like 2

Just now, Ted Maul said:

Am I right in thinking we wouldn't be covering the wages? Just the loan fee?

If so, 10m euros is c.£8.5m pounds. Let's say he's on £70k- that's £3.5m.

So in reality, the fee is more like £5m. 

The lift he would give the place would probably be worth it alone, I'd say- I'm not one to usually read too much into pre-season but things all felt a bit hopeless before the last few of rumours emerged.

It's been written as Galatasaray to pay his wages and we play a flat out loan fee of about £8-9m

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, sdb said:

10 mill for a year is pretty eye watering 

When it includes wages it's a few million loan fee and then wages. In our position, we can't comit to too much in fees and wages BEYOND this season. So it's ok saying x, y, z player is available and it's a waste of money. The point is, next season we aren't comitted and won't find ourselves in the shit. 

• Like 2