Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Wilf Zaha - loaned to Lyon

4 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Leicester City: "Sorry Carlos Corberan, we think you are a great coach, but 4M is too much to pay to get you out of West Brom"

Also Leicester City: "10M to loan an ageing Wilfred Zaha for a season we most likely go down in because we over spent and broke FFP / PSR rules? DONE DEAL"

It’s relative isn’t it. As the manager, Corboran is likely to have a very tough season which could mean he loses his job and therefore that money has been spunked up the wall. Where as you are always going to have Zaha after paying that, and could get a better deal for him later on if he does well.

Edit: Can’t wait for Zaha to have his loan terminated a week in now.

Edited by VLC86

47 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

That is a large fee for a years loan. 

Wonder if there's a suggestion if it does go well he could move over permanently for a small fee

it's structured that way for tax purposes, and is the equivalent of ~3m loan fee plus paying his wages from what's been said

1 minute ago, South Shire Fox said:

£10 million loan fee for a soon to be 32 year old winger.. what could possibly go wrong 😂

Do you mean the risk of guaranteeing a players services for a season at a fixed cost without any further obligation or liability past that?

In terms of cost / risk ratio, this deal would be on the lower end.

Really excited to see what he can do for us. After KDH left, and with Vardy winding down, it's important to have a talisman figure that can take responsibility - something not enough of the 22/23 squad did. 

1 minute ago, Babylon said:

People are baffling, if the deal was written as £3m fee and we pay his wages, there wouldn't be the moans. But write it as £8m loan fee and Gala pay his wages and some how people have a wappy about the money lol

Would they? He's on a massive wage as it is.

£9m for the season is a lot of money however it's spun.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ted Maul said:

If we get a season out of him like West Ham did with Lingard, we're laughing.

He would score between 6 and 9 goals for us I think which would be decent.

Edited by Fox92
  • Like 2

Just now, SecretPro said:

If anybody looks at our team on paper right now (taking into account injuries) and still thinks, "Wilf Zaha? Nah." then I believe you need to see a mental health practitioner.

I'm sure it's wonderful to take such a simplistic view on things but Zaha isn't the player that you think he is anymore.

Just now, AKCJ said:

Yes they would, I've been on here long enough to know that. 

£9m might be a lot to you, but in terms of a premier league football club, it's not that big a deal. What's far more important is that we know we can balance the books if we go down. Remember everyone moaning on here about us getting into financial trouble? It's a necessary evil due to our position, and yeaaaaah it might be possible to get another player cheaper on loan, but they will cost money also, and if they are any good at all they will cost a lot of money. As much as him... maybe not, but we need to get deals done. We can't keep going from one player and club forever to get amazing perfect deals. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, AKCJ said:

But only 3 million of it will be money spent against PSR if we are paying his (large) wages which frees up funds for elsewhere

This signing could be massive for fans belief going into the season and should it end up terrible we're not stuck with yet more deadwood

Im all for it personally

5 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

I'm sure it's wonderful to take such a simplistic view on things but Zaha isn't the player that you think he is anymore.

And niether is Vardy, aged 37, who you've earlier said is why we don't need Zaha!

People who are moaning about zaha wow! What’s wrong with you ? He’s exciting player who makes things happen! He’s 31 still got a point to prove. He starts majority of the games and gets a decent GA imo.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, SecretPro said:

And niether is Vardy, aged 37, who you've earlier said is why we don't need Zaha!

I said that I think we need to sign players who are better than our current starters.

But Vardy will be with us whatever happens for next season and I think his attitude is a million times better than Zaha's.

13 minutes ago, Babylon said:

People are baffling, if the deal was written as £3m fee and we pay his wages, there wouldn't be the moans. But write it as £8m loan fee and Gala pay his wages and some how people have a wappy about the money lol

Yeah I’ve literally broken down the deal to show it’s literally the same outcome, really struggling to understand how people aren’t getting it? lol 

• Haha 1

Just now, South Shire Fox said:

Based on what? 😂 Our shite defence and points deduction hasnt magically disappeared

Granted both points.

we’ve been in relegation dog fights before. This league has a lot of crap teams this year.

forest

everton 

wolves ( lost kilman and Neto )

Bournemouth ( lost solankeb )

Southampton 

Ipswich 

Brentford ( toney hopefully goes ) 

we sign these 3/4 players and tighten up defence we’ve got a great chance! 

13 minutes ago, Ted Maul said:

If we get a season out of him like West Ham did with Lingard, we're laughing.

it'll be a forest lingaard though. like I'm not convinced this is a good deal, simply because he's a winger. we've already got Fatawu and Mavididi, we should be looking at rotation options for them. BDCR is one, then the other, if we're saying that Mcateer and Marcal are not ready, should be looking either a cheaper loan or spending that £10m on a young championship prospect so there's long term options and potential sell on value, rather than a bloke on the downward swing for a year with attitude question marks.