Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Wilf Zaha - loaned to Lyon

3 minutes ago, ian__marshall said:

Decent signing this if we can pull it off. Need another striker too, but a front four of Mav, Zaha, Fatawu, and A N Other has plenty of goals in it. 

Providing we get them the ball in the right areas, which has been an issue throughout pre season so far 

Just now, Sankey93 said:

People who are moaning about zaha wow! What’s wrong with you ? He’s exciting player who makes things happen! He’s 31 still got a point to prove. He starts majority of the games and gets a decent GA imo.

If he just left Palace and joined I don't think it would be an issue for most. It's the fact he's playing in the Turkish league which usually means checking out competitively as a player.

We should be judging how Zaha is today based on Galatasaray fans. I wouldn't be interested in any "got something to prove" bullshit. If he's underperformed in turkey he isn't going to be an improvement over Mavididi and that's the point for a right footed LW that Cooper wants to play more central.

Personally think he'll be alright and be decent enough competition for Mavididi but not a guaranteed starter.

4 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

I get the potential concern but Zaha has a much better PL track record than Lingard.

Their goals or assist per 90 stats are very similar.

4 minutes ago, RedSoxUK said:

If he just left Palace and joined I don't think it would be an issue for most. It's the fact he's playing in the Turkish league which usually means checking out competitively as a player.

We should be judging how Zaha is today based on Galatasaray fans. I wouldn't be interested in any "got something to prove" bullshit. If he's underperformed in turkey he isn't going to be an improvement over Mavididi and that's the point for a right footed LW that Cooper wants to play more central.

Personally think he'll be alright and be decent enough competition for Mavididi but not a guaranteed starter.

Whilst we were in the championship they were playing in the Champions League

If he becomes a Leicester player, I will have to try and like him and forget his dumb comments in interviews and his tantrums as he tries to ref games and his general whinging. 

I'll have to try and see him as a man with strong views and a sense of justice 

Pass me my blue tinted specs

Just now, coolhandfox said:

Whilst we were in the championship they were playing in the Champions League

So were Celtic, don't care. The point was players tend to go Turkey to get their wages, easy games, and easy CL qualification.

8 minutes ago, RedSoxUK said:

He’s better than Mavididi. When I said point to prove, I meant like you said he’s been in the turkey league and Zaha has a big ego and confidence player he will start majority of the games, he’s a game changer and scares teams to death.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Bilo said:

Is it just me who thinks this has Jesse Lingard vibes?

Not sure about that. Presume Zaha is desperate to leave Turkey so he has an incentive to perform where as Lingard proved he was happy being a bit part player for United .

12 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

it'll be a forest lingaard though. like I'm not convinced this is a good deal, simply because he's a winger. we've already got Fatawu and Mavididi, we should be looking at rotation options for them. BDCR is one, then the other, if we're saying that Mcateer and Marcal are not ready, should be looking either a cheaper loan or spending that £10m on a young championship prospect so there's long term options and potential sell on value, rather than a bloke on the downward swing for a year with attitude question marks.

Whilst I agree that we should be looking at the top end of the championship for talent and there's value to be had there... if Fatawu and Mavididi are our strongest 2 wingers this season, then we're going down (I like them both but if their back ups are of lesser quality, we're in trouble with any sort of injuries/fatigue).

Zaha gives us a chance at survival, simple as that. He's been a talisman for Palace in numerous successful escapes from relegation. He knows what it takes and should still have a point to prove. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Lesta Legend said:

Lingard has never been in the same bracket as Zaha. Jesus wept. 

Lingard performed well at United for quite a long time whereas Zaha couldn't hack it when he wasn't the main man.

Just now, AKCJ said:

Lingard performed well at United for quite a long time whereas Zaha couldn't hack it when he wasn't the main man.

Zaha likely will be the main man here though. 

He probably walks in as our current best player. 

• Like 1

Just now, AKCJ said:

Zaha carried a poor Palace for years as their main man. Lingard had a few good seasons in good United side and that was the end of it 

If that's the cost for a year, it shows just how hopeful the club are that he will be the difference to staying up or not, which, I'm inclined to agree with.

Survive, and it will be great business, still get relegated and its just a plunge further into financial abyss.

It would be a gamble, but a decent one.

Just now, Stevosevic said:

Who do we have currently better? 

Well Vardy is obviously the main man and I think Mavididi is a more effective winger than Zaha is now.

• Haha 3

Just now, AKCJ said:

Well Vardy is obviously the main man and I think Mavididi is a more effective winger than Zaha is now.

Mavididi never played in the prem! He was very good last season but there was a lot of games he went missing. Zaha will be our main man and I’m all for it 

1 minute ago, AKCJ said:

Based on? 

Mavididi has been great for us but is unproven in the PL, Zaha gives us an extra option.

1 minute ago, coolhandfox said:

Based on? 

Mavididi has been great for us but is unproven in the PL, Zaha gives us an extra option.

Based on right now and not what each player was 4/5 years ago.