Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Wilf Zaha - loaned to Lyon

5 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Well Vardy is obviously the main man and I think Mavididi is a more effective winger than Zaha is now.

Main man sure, when he gets on the pitch but he’s no longer our best player.

8 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Starting to think Zaha stole someone's bird 

Was coming on to post a “show us on this doll where he touched you” post.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just for some context his last 4 seasons, scored 7 in 28 in his last palace season and hit double figures both the years before and one off in his year in Turkey, he may not come good but how it can be suggested he is past it at all or a worse option than our currently entirely unproven group of wingers from current evidence is beyond me.

IMG_4065.jpeg

Edited by LCFCCKEANO
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

it'll be a forest lingaard though. like I'm not convinced this is a good deal, simply because he's a winger. we've already got Fatawu and Mavididi, we should be looking at rotation options for them. BDCR is one, then the other, if we're saying that Mcateer and Marcal are not ready, should be looking either a cheaper loan or spending that £10m on a young championship prospect so there's long term options and potential sell on value, rather than a bloke on the downward swing for a year with attitude question marks.

If you spend £10m fee on a player with wages it's more like £18m, and you are committed to paying that no matter what for 4 to 5 years. 

3 minutes ago, LCFCCKEANO said:

Just for some context his last 4 seasons, scored 7 in 28 in his last palace season and hit double figures both the years before and one off in his year in Turkey, he may not come good but how it can be suggested he is past it at all or a worse option than our currently entirely unproven group of wingers from current evidence is beyond me.

IMG_4065.jpeg

Add in champions league and it's 10 goals and 4 assists in about 1800 minutes last season. 

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Their goals or assist per 90 stats are very similar.

Yeah but per 90 stats can be misleading as Zaha has got those numbers over a sustained period, unlike Lingard, who really only had 1 purple patch over half v a season at West Ham and did little else of note.

59 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Yep and signing players like this is the reason for it.

What on loan? Come off it if we were signing him for a big fee big wages 4 year deal then I’d agree but it actually seems quite smart from us for once

2 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Yeah but per 90 stats can be misleading as Zaha has got those numbers over a sustained period, unlike Lingard, who really only had 1 purple patch over half v a season at West Ham and did little else of note.

Yeah you're right, it's more impressive for Lingard to have those numbers despite never really holding down a place as opposed to Zaha being the consistent main man for Palace.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ted Maul said:

If we get a season out of him like West Ham did with Lingard, we're laughing.

And if we get a season out of him like Forest did with Lingard, everyone else is.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, AKCJ said:

Yeah you're right, it's more impressive for Lingard to have those numbers despite never really holding down a place as opposed to Zaha being the consistent main man for Palace.

Zaha was instrumental in carrying a bottom-half team to safety for season after season. Lingard was playing for one of the best teams in the league and did little of note for them. 

Just now, Tazfox said:

Find me someone who loves me like @AKCJhates Zaha 🤗

I don't hate him lol

I just don't think he's worth blowing £9m on for one season. I think our precious budget is better spent elsewhere and with a better eye on the long term given the shit we're in!

Just now, AKCJ said:

I don't hate him lol

I just don't think he's worth blowing £9m on for one season. I think our precious budget is better spent elsewhere and with a better eye on the long term given the shit we're in!

It's all about staying up, a player of his quality is very much needed.

1 minute ago, AKCJ said:

I don't hate him lol

I get that , but if he is the difference between safety and relegation it will be money well spent .

Not saying he will be but who knows.

3 minutes ago, DZ-LCFC said:

IMG_20240812_135501.jpg

Do we know he's actually still in Istanbul? Played a pre season game for them but nowhere to be seen for their first league game this weekend.

Just thinking it might move quicker if he decided to come back to the UK last week.