Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Wilf Zaha - loaned to Lyon

1 minute ago, les-tah said:

as fans lets feed his ego and give him some love and in return im sure his output will keep us up😍😍

It could potentially be a Collymore kind of signing, just needs the love and an arm around the shoulder 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

I think we'd be better placed with more of a 4-4-2 given we don't have any attacking midfielders, do have some genuinely hard working wingers (BDCR, Fatawu, Buonanotte) and have players that can either play as a 9 or second striker (Vardy, Daka, Mavididi, Hlozek, Zaha).

Yeah that's fair enough 

42 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Yeah and if he scores the goals to keep us up then we'll happily wave him off next summer.

But these are risks we've been taking for years now and IMO they're exactly why we're in this mess. Feels like a gambler chasing the jackpot.

At some point we'll have to call it a day.

He really isn't much of a goal scorer !!    On average he scores once every 5 games.. I agree with you, the whole thing reeks of desperation. 

• Like 1

No one can really describe: Zaha, Mavididi, Fatawu, Vardy, Buonanotte + 1 of the strikers linked as being lacking in pace, skill or threat. 

I think we will need to move Mavididi into a number 10 if we sign Zaha and they can interchange. He tracks back and can help disrupt deep lying number 6's as he's a pest. 

Hermansen

Faes Vestegaard Justin

Ricardo Winks

Fatawu Ndidi Mavididi Zaha

Hlozek

subs: Buonanotte, Alves, Choudhury, VK, Okoli, BDR, Cannon, Ward, Golding

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, FosseSpark said:

No one can really describe: Zaha, Mavididi, Fatawu, Vardy, Buonanotte + 1 of the strikers linked as being lacking in pace, skill or threat. 

I think we will need to move Mavididi into a number 10 if we sign Zaha and they can interchange. He tracks back and can help disrupt deep lying number 6's as he's a pest. 

Hermansen

Faes Vestegaard Justin

Ricardo Winks

Fatawu Ndidi Mavididi Zaha

Hlozek

subs: Buonanotte, Alves, Choudhury, VK, Okoli, BDR, Cannon, Ward, Golding

That defence frightens the life out of me 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

So;

1) Hat-trick on home debut 

2) Breaks ankle badly soon after

3) Falls out with everyone on return

4) Leaves club

Cool

Missed - Set off extinguisher in Posh hotel on first outing causing all to be sent home! 

54 minutes ago, kingfox said:

Time to bring the nerdy stats out. Of all players to play over 1,000 minutes in the last five seasons that Zaha was in the Premier League, Zaha ranked for the following...

22/23 - 6.28 Successful Attacking Actions per90(Ranked 5th) 

21/22 - 7.26 Successful Attacking Actions per90(Ranked 3rd)

20/21 - 5.29 Successful Attacking Actions per90(Ranked 12th) 

19/20 - 6.86 Successful Attacking Actions per90(Ranked 4th)

18/19 - 9.39 Successful Attacking Actions per90(Ranked 2nd) 

Will he frustrate - Yes

Will he run into blind alleys - Yes

But Zaha will also make things happen in the final third, which he has proven time and time again throughout his Premier League career. 

Also to throw in the mix that yes he will have some hissy fits but that's because he actually gives a s***, something that's been leveled at our players a lot over the last few years

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Doctor said:

I know Rudkin is bad at his job but 8m a year is 150k per week. even he couldn't mess up and put someone like Philogene on that

£18m is the wages over the course of the contract. £30k a week. 

1 hour ago, izzymuzzet said:

Feels like a risk but a reasonably well calculated one. I wouldn't want to see us lumbering ourselves long term with big wages for 30+ players but I'm happy with a one year loan if supplemented with some moves for under 25s with potential sell-on value elsewhere.

Have seen some concerns about his personality but that's one of the more appealing aspects of this move for me. We've had a soft underbelly for quite a few years now - even last season we seemed too nice. He can be an aggressive player at times - we need a bit of that fire.

For me, this sums up the situation perfectly. I think it's a risk we can't afford not to take.

Edited by deep blue

1 hour ago, AKCJ said:

Yeah and if he scores the goals to keep us up then we'll happily wave him off next summer.

But these are risks we've been taking for years now and IMO they're exactly why we're in this mess. Feels like a gambler chasing the jackpot.

At some point we'll have to call it a day.

I'm not saying you are wrong , and to an extent I agree with you but I think it's a gamble the club are prepared to take.

Just now, joachim1965 said:

I'm not saying you are wrong , and to an extent I agree with you but I think it's a gamble the club are prepared to take.

Every gambler thinks the risk is one worth taking!

40 minutes ago, Babylon said:

£18m is the wages over the course of the contract. £30k a week. 

right so your budget cost is 3.5m/year (so 6m less than Zaha in this seasons books) and for that you've got a saleable asset, where next summer a sale for £12.5m and you've broken even, money you'd easily get if they help keep you up or even if they look reasonable while you go down, and if not you've got a proven championship talent to help fire you back up. I don't hate the idea of Zaha but financials are better to go back to our buy prospects and sell on model, a move for Zaha is the sort of divergence that sees us in this PSR hole to start with 

Edited by The Doctor
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

right so your budget cost is 3.5m/year (so 6m less than Zaha in this seasons books) and for that you've got a saleable asset, where next summer a sale for £12.5m and you've broken even, money you'd easily get if they help keep you up or even if they look reasonable while you go down, and if not you've got a proven championship talent to help fire you back up. I don't hate the idea of Zaha but financials are better to go back to our buy prospects and sell on model, a move for Zaha is the sort of divergence that sees us in this PSR hole to start with 

You aren’t getting a proven really good championship player for £10m. You said a young player, which generally means unproven. And you also CANNOT guarantee any sale whatsoever, which is the point.

• Like 1