Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Wilf Zaha - loaned to Lyon

13 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Palace are an established premier league team, who had the best years of Zaha. There really is little need to them to take a risk on him and then potentially ruin what they had. 

I'm not expecting the Zaha of three or four years ago, but the simple matter is we don't have the wiggle room to make lots of cash signings, the squad is thin and we are reaching the start of the season. I think people expecting him to keep us up are pushing it, but I think all things considered, it's worth a punt for a season if we've already exhausted some other avenues / first choices. 

Tony Cottee was past his prime but still did a decent job, you never know.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Fox1norfolk said:

I think the Zaha story is probably fake news created to fix some financial deals the Greek club is planning. A wild goose chase

Why would we be involved ?  Percy was obviously told at this end that we are speaking to them. 
(and they’re Turkish)

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

we won’t buy him

He’ll be back in Istanbul next summer 

you’d better hope he does ok with us and then you might be able to move him onto Saudi 

Well hope so, but he has too much ego to play there. He still thinks he's the superstar of Galatasaray, but he has become our third option for left winger with 8m salary. He had enough chances last season, but after 20 games, no one was expecting anything from him. Hopefully that will change at Leicester. He does have ambition, but he doesn't have the prime Zaha skills anymore.

Edited by Pengarox

38 minutes ago, Pengarox said:

Well hope so, but he has too much ego to play there. He still thinks he's the superstar of Galatasaray, but he has become our third option for left winger with 8m salary. He had enough chances last season, but after 20 games, no one was expecting anything from him. Hopefully that will change at Leicester. He does have ambition, but he doesn't have the prime Zaha skills anymore.

904xq7.jpg

• Haha 4

10 minutes ago, Leycestrian said:

Are we that desperate ?

Is he that desperate ?

In answer to question one.. yes

Question two .. possibly. If he wants to come back to England and prove he still has the ability and we are the only option 

If he comes, he improves the starting 11. He'd be our best option in the any of our attacking positions, except the 9 when Vards is on his game. 

I think just having Zaha will give us a foothold in some games against lower hald prem teams. he's a man that needs marking as he can score great goals or create chances on his own. £8m for a strong option makes complete sense to me.

12 minutes ago, FosseSpark said:

I think just having Zaha will give us a foothold in some games against lower hald prem teams. he's a man that needs marking as he can score great goals or create chances on his own. £8m for a strong option makes complete sense to me.

Yep I think he gives most teams a massive headache that arent top 6 really

There really is some poor journalism about nowadays.

I read an article online earlier stating that it was between us and Palace for Zaha but then it finished by saying that Steve Cooper would be hoping to get him into our starting line-up in time for our season's opener against Brentford on Sunday :doh:

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, Long Eaton Fox said:

All gone a bit quiet on the transfer front 

If the ones we're pushing for are good players and back themselves - You'd think they'd hang on a bit before committing to a newly promoted side with a looming points deduction.

Wouldn't blame them waiting to see if a better offer comes in.

Having said that you'd also think they'd want to get themselves sorted as quickly as possible for the new season, so who really knows! :D

2 hours ago, Pliskin said:

I mean, at least try and get the nations correct if you’re going to post a nonsense opinion. 

You’re insisting that his “nonsense opinion” is factually correct.

Isn’t that an Oxymoron?