Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Wilf Zaha - loaned to Lyon

I think our financial situation is way worse than people realise. I expect Rudders thought they would loan him to us for the season at minimal cost. Once he found out the conditions we had no choice other than not to progress 

Edited by kingpower

Just now, kingpower said:

I think our financial situation is way worse than people realise. I expect Rudders thought they would loan him to us for the season at minimal cost. Once he found out the conditions we had no choice other than not to progress 

"Worse than people realise"

Mate we've said the same thing for the past 3 years, "must sell before we buy". We were on a transfer embargo, we're getting a point deductions..

Anyone who isn't aware is purposefully not reading in to it 

Just now, UniFox21 said:

"Worse than people realise"

Mate we've said the same thing for the past 3 years, "must sell before we buy". We were on a transfer embargo, we're getting a point deductions..

Anyone who isn't aware is purposefully not reading in to it 

But you would’ve hoped promotion / sales (KDH, Maresca) / release of high earners etc. -  might have improved things somewhat 

Just now, kingpower said:

But you would’ve hoped promotion / sales (KDH, Maresca) / release of high earners etc. -  might have improved things somewhat 

And they have. Every report has taken us from getting a second points deduction, to we'll likely have passed PSR and will have only failed once 

8 minutes ago, kingpower said:

Whilst that £90 million loss sits within the 3yr PSR cycle; and PSR remains a thing - that seasons accounting will remain a drag on what we can do financially; because it is pretty much a given that the club still runs at a loss at present (unless there’s significant net value player trading).

The more I think about it, the more I’m against this signing anyway. Palace fans don’t seem overly bothered about getting him back. Some saying he would be a ‘super sub’ and that he’s past his best. He couldn’t find much form in a poor Turkish league. Galatasary fans don’t like him, he’s always been pretty lazy and doesn’t track back etc. might upset the dressing room with earning about 3 times more than anyone else. Think we need grafters who will put 100% in all game if we are to survive. 

1 minute ago, UniFox21 said:

I'm assuming the tax issue isn't for the club, but likely Zaha.

f me 🤣 wish people would stop taking things so literally. 

i obv don't, just fed up of the club being linked with decent players that we don't get over the line 

Edited by JonnyBoy

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

What tax implications would they be? Our side, players side? 

20% tax for him in Turkey where as here it would be 45%

We would need to pay him about £150k a week to then match his net wage he gets in Turkey

I imagine this is why we were seemingly trying to do it where we only pay a loan fee for him but have probably found out we can’t do it that way?

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, kingpower said:

Worse than what? The financial situation is pretty cut and dry….. it’s not worse than we think…. We’ve breached the rules by spending too much money, that completely different to being in a poor financial situation, we are suffering from not being able to shift below average plays on mega wages.

You play with feathers you get your arse tickled, and unfortunately that’s the situation we’re in. 

2 minutes ago, StanSP said:

How do you know it's us that's the issue? 

Surely on his wages? I don't think there is a double tax ruling between UK and Turkey so assume he'd face a higher rate of taxation on his earnings...