Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Wilf Zaha - loaned to Lyon

He's good but he ain't £150k/week good.

We need players, especially good ones, but there are other deals to be done.

I like Zaha and he would have given us a great chance but he's one player and there are other deals to be done.

Ayew would be disappointing, sure, but I think there will be others in the offing too.

PSR/FFP and what have you are moving things around all the time, not just for us. Players not available now could be available in a week if other deals fall down or a club needs to find a few quid.

Even if we don't get anyone, hopefully that means Alves is more likely to get a chance.

Que sera sera.

Not too fussed if this doesn't happen to be honest as I think he's still living on his past reputation and wouldn't necessarily have had the impact again in the PL that we were all craving. If we can get Hlozek, Fotis, a new LB and cover for Ndidi/Winks then I think we'll at least have a chance of staying up, albeit with the odds firmly stacked against us.  

6 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

20% tax for him in Turkey where as here it would be 45%

We would need to pay him about £150k a week to then match his net wage he gets in Turkey

I imagine this is why we were seemingly trying to do it where we only pay a loan fee for him but have probably found out we can’t do it that way?

Probably correct

HMRC aren’t stupid 

• Like 2

Galatasaray fan on Reddit suggesting that Zaha is being paid more than the club announce which is why they wanted us to pay a flat £9m fee and leaving them to pay his wage.

3 minutes ago, FrankieADZ said:

you must have punched the air at the news then:ph34r:

lol

No but I'm not exactly upset either. There were clear positives to having Zaha but I personally thought the negatives outweighed them.

My main worry is that the season starts in 5 days time and we currently don't have anyone to play up top given Cannon hasn't played in pre-season.

Ideally we get Hlozek and someone that can sit just ahead of him.

Worth noting though that just because the deal for Zaha has hit a snag, Ornstein hasn't suggested that it's gone cold. I'd imagine both clubs will still want this to happen.

Edited by AKCJ

1 minute ago, AKCJ said:

lol

No but I'm not exactly upset either. There were clear positives to having Zaha but I personally thought the negatives outweighed them.

My main worry is that the season starts in 5 days time and we currently don't have anyone to play up top given Cannon hasn't played in pre-season.

Worth noting though that just because the deal for Zaha has hit a snag, Ornstein hasn't suggested that it's gone cold. I'd imagine both clubs will still want this to happen.

He has said it's doubtful though, not a positive tone like "still in the works" etc 

5 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

lol

Hlozek with Fotis just infront of him would be perfect.

Just now, LestaLad said:

Hlozek with Fotis just infront of him would be perfect.

I'd agree but Fotis won't be the player we go for unless Top decides to go nuclear.

£30m is beyond our budget and going after him would have be seriously worried for our longer term future. 

On reflection, 9m for a one year loan of Zaha is an awful lot of money especially for the player who many suggest is not quite the same one as last time in the prem. Maybe he is not the answer but my disappointment shows that we seriously need a match winner and a player that gets us off out seats even on Loan or perm. Regardless of price, age, attitude etc, we have a much better chance of staying up with player of this ilk in the side. Without signing one player that does this, we do not simply do not stay up. AYEW IS NOT THE ANSWER!! We need one player who is first on the team sheet, we have not improved our first 11 in any way and it’s seriously worrying!! 

Wasn’t someone claiming to have a mate at the training ground saying Bergwijn had been seen there and had signed and everyone piled on saying they probably mistook him for Zaha? Maybe it was Bergwijn? (Maybe it was bullshit) 

Edited by FoxesWalk
  • Like 2

Just now, FoxesWalk said:

Wasn’t someone claiming to have a mate at the training ground saying Bergwijn had been seen there and had signed and everyone piled on saying they probably mistook him for Zaha? Maybe it was Bergwijn? 

Ask Bert..

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

I'd agree but Fotis won't be the player we go for unless Top decides to go nuclear.

£30m is beyond our budget and going after him would have be seriously worried for our longer term future. 

Is it beyond our budget though? We can spread the payment over many years and we’ve supposedly already bid £23m so is it really beyond our budget? 

• Like 1