Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Wilf Zaha - loaned to Lyon

1 minute ago, LestaLad said:

Is it beyond our budget though? We can spread the payment over many years and we’ve supposedly already bid £23m so is it really beyond our budget? 

The timing suggests we got knocked back on Fotis & went for Hlozek instead doesn't it?

2 minutes ago, EnderbyFox said:

The timing suggests we got knocked back on Fotis & went for Hlozek instead doesn't it?

I’m hoping for both considering like people are saying, Hlozek can play just behind the 9 (Fotis).

The tax issues make sense, it's not like i could work for a company in Dubai, get paid by them at ridiculously low tax rate and be based in the UK without the HMRC being all over it, i'm not sure how they thought this arrangement would ever work and him maintain the low Turkish tax rate.

Just now, moore_94 said:

As long as we do get Hlozek and a proper number 9 I am personally not that fussed about missing out on Zaha

That's my stance too. Whilst Zaha would bring an element of genuine gold dust to this squad, he doesn't come without some consequences and it might not be the best outcome for us.

I could see how he'd fit in to Cooper's system though. But likewise I see both Hlozek and Fotis being able to slot in together and it work.

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, teblin said:

Everyone jump in the bandwagon and blames the club. But for me seems like zaha doesn’t want to pay tax so is saying no. 

You will be accused of being a happy lapper! (Not really, I am with you!)

But if people threw sh*t less often, maybe it would have more meaning when they do.....

9 minutes ago, LestaLad said:

Is it beyond our budget though? We can spread the payment over many years and we’ve supposedly already bid £23m so is it really beyond our budget? 

I would say that it's reckless and the EFL have shown they don't muck about when it comes to dishing out points deductions to clubs that overspend in the Championship.

If we can stay up then yes I think we can afford it but I just don't know if he's really the difference between staying up or not because we don't know what the points deduction will be.

It's clearly a big risk to take and when you consider that this lad has never played outside of Greece where even there his scoring record isn't exactly blistering... I don't know.

Just now, It'sblueupnorth said:

It’s become a recurring theme and not just with this window 

The only recurring theme is our fans desire to blame the club without all the facts, trusting instead to self serving media outlets as it fits a hate narrative.

Weird eh?

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

Given that we loaned a player from Galatasaray last season, you wonder if we wouldn’t have encounted this problem then 

Can’t imagine Yunis being on anywhere near the same money as Zaha, so we’d have potentially made up the difference 

Seems like we tried to find a loophole to keep the player and Gala happy but can’t get it past HMRC. 

Seems a bit naive to think we’d be able to circumvent tax laws but then again we are talking about LCFC here

Just now, Big_Nige said:

Can’t imagine Yunis being on anywhere near the same money as Zaha, so we’d have potentially made up the difference 

Seems like we tried to find a loophole to keep the player and Gala happy but can’t get it past HMRC. 

Seems a bit naive to think we’d be able to circumvent tax laws but then again we are talking about LCFC here

Just seen @GingerrrFox explanation re: a British national coming back to work in the Uk after a period of time. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, GingerrrFox said:

The tax issues are around residency and wealth. If you’ve left the country to live elsewhere and come back before a set period of time has elapsed, you have to pay HMRC tax on income earned whilst you were living abroad. So essentially he would be taxed twice on his money. 

Ah someone talking sense! 

• Like 1