Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Wilf Zaha - loaned to Lyon

It's a bit disappointing. Zaha would have brought some excitement, but it's not surprising that the loan fee and wages are beyond our budget. We should focus on getting Asprilla and Fotis instead. Let's not waste time on Ayew.

4 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

The only recurring theme is our fans desire to blame the club without all the facts, trusting instead to self serving media outlets as it fits a hate narrative.

Weird eh?

But the facts have just been given to us. It’s in a long line of messing up transfers they’ve been covered a million times so let’s not dwell on them but there’s a recurring theme and 3 managers consecutively that have moaned to the press about it, maybe it fits the ‘hate narrative’ because it’s true?

2 minutes ago, It'sblueupnorth said:

But the facts have just been given to us. It’s in a long line of messing up transfers they’ve been covered a million times so let’s not dwell on them but there’s a recurring theme and 3 managers consecutively that have moaned to the press about it, maybe it fits the ‘hate narrative’ because it’s true?

I'm sorry what managers have moaned about messing up transfers?

1 hour ago, DJ Barry Hammond said:

Whilst that £90 million loss sits within the 3yr PSR cycle; and PSR remains a thing - that seasons accounting will remain a drag on what we can do financially; because it is pretty much a given that the club still runs at a loss at present (unless there’s significant net value player trading).

it goes off now no? this last cycle will be the last one with it in and now this season will be 22/23, 23/24 and 24/25 when evaluated next summer

Just now, Babylon said:

I'm sorry what managers have moaned about messing up transfers?

Cooper, maresca and especially Brendan Rodgers. Cooper said not that long ago we were close to signing a couple of players but couldn’t get them over the line

Just now, Stevosevic said:

This is the thing. Don’t be surprised if he moves late in the window somewhere. 

Assume he still will. But whether that's to the UK now is another thing. 

Shame as we know he can perform in the Premier league.

While Ayew may be uninspiring I think he'll do his fair share of linking up the midfield and attack which we need. Zaha though can be a game charger even if he might sometimes blow hot and cold. We need a few game changers to help us grind out results as every point is going to matter this season.

To be fair I'm not too bothered if this happens or not.

He's past his prime, plus he's a bellend too. One of those whiney pricks like Bruno Fernandes. 

I'd still take him but it's not the end of the world if not.

Edited by DennisNedry
  • Like 3

Just now, It'sblueupnorth said:

Cooper, maresca and especially Brendan Rodgers. Cooper said not that long ago we were close to signing a couple of players but couldn’t get them over the line

No, they didn't, not really. If finances mean we can no longer buy, we can't buy. 

But that's not blaming the club, is it? Transfers fail for hundreds of reasons, some of which have nothing to do with the club. Some of these have to do with the club, but it's in the club's best interest not to bend over backwards, and some I'm sure will be because of poor negotiating because it's going to happen at some point. But you can't just land it all at the club's feet, whether you like it or not; we're in a shit position financially and have a points deduction hanging over us; it's not an easy situation to negotiate in. Yeah we put ourselves here but it's besides the point. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Babylon said:

No, they didn't, not really. If finances mean we can no longer buy, we can't buy. 

But that's not blaming the club, is it? Transfers fail for hundreds of reasons, some of which have nothing to do with the club. Some of these have to do with the club, but it's in the club's best interest not to bend over backwards, and some I'm sure will be because of poor negotiating because it's going to happen at some point. But you can't just land it all at the club's feet, whether you like it or not; we're in a shit position financially and have a points deduction hanging over us; it's not an easy situation to negotiate in. Yeah we put ourselves here but it's besides the point. 

Outplaying £7-8 million on a loan is worse for the accounts than spending 10m on a transfer at £2m a year spread over a 4/5 year deal though isn’t it? Plus wages 

15 minutes ago, It'sblueupnorth said:

Why is it true? Because these reported transfers did not materialise? Is it always the clubs fault? Maybe it is? :dunno:

Maybe other actors were involved in the failure? I realise it isn't helpful with any level of recriminations, but it also might be true?

Unless we are working under the assumption that if it quacks like a duck it 100% of the time must be a duck!

People largely see what they want to see, and that includes me  :)

Just now, Fox85 said:

Here's an idea spend the same amount of money it would of cost Zaha to come here for 1 season on Somodizs and keep him under contract.

He will be hungrier than Zaha anyway

That would make far too much sense 

41 minutes ago, GingerrrFox said:

The tax issues are around residency and wealth. If you’ve left the country to live elsewhere and come back before a set period of time has elapsed, you have to pay HMRC tax on income earned whilst you were living abroad. So essentially he would be taxed twice on his money. 

Henderson had the same issue didn't he, thats why he went to Ajax?

Well if Leicester just pick up a couple of players they need to be better than what we have and be creative/ goal scoring or both. Need somebody to strike a bit of fear in the opposition. Hlozek is one and surely an attacking midfielder that can break the lines. Fotis surely too pricey. Be more than happy with Szmodics, Hamer etc . Just want the squad to feel a bit stronger than last year and inject a bit of confidence