Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Wilf Zaha - loaned to Lyon

Think this would have been the signing to get the fans onside again and to have gone into the season with optimism.

A shithouse Zaha with a bit of a point to prove would have been electric imo

Just to add, not blaming the club for this, fully understand why we’re not entertaining topping his massive wages up another 25%

Also at the age of 32 I can see why he’s trying to pay as little tax as possible 

Edited by EastAnglianFox
  • Like 3

I yearn for that feeling of excitement when years ago (many many) you’d be on holiday in the summer and buy a 2 day old UK newspaper and find out the club had completed a transfer. There’s just too much rubbish floating about now 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Fox85 said:

Here's an idea spend the same amount of money it would of cost Zaha to come here for 1 season on Somodizs and keep him under contract.

He will be hungrier than Zaha anyway

3 minutes ago, em9999 said:

That would make far too much sense 

The issue isn't costs this season particularly, it's about costs going forward. Anyone we sign on a long contract, is a commitment on our accounts for a long period of time. Hence why, we need to do loans and frees to make up the numbers, with a few signings committed. 

18 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

it goes off now no? this last cycle will be the last one with it in and now this season will be 22/23, 23/24 and 24/25 when evaluated next summer

Yes, the £90 million was 22/23 accounts… so it will disappear from the 3 year cycle from next season.

But we’re not at next seasons reporting period yet, which was kind of my point in that whilst that outlier year sits within the calculation period, it limits what you can do in terms of losses for the other two years.

We also have a ‘reduced’ upper limit for a few cycles to contend with due to the season in the Championship too.

Of course - there is also a strong possibility that PSR won’t be a thing come next season; or how it’s assessed has completely changed.

22 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

Seems a bit bit premature baring in mind he is back training for Galatasaray   

Me and my gf have similar issues

3 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Why are some of you moaning about the club because of the breakdown in this move?

I the people in charge of our transfers have made a mess recently but this deal looks to have fallen through because of "tax implications" there's absolutely nothing at all the club can do about that.

It would appear obvious that those tax implications are from the players side of things so what can we do about that? 

I give a lot of stick to the club for some of our transfer dealings in recent years, but there's not much they can do about this one 

**Not just this move but generally…

Edited by Clarkey123

22 minutes ago, Fox85 said:

Here's an idea spend the same amount of money it would of cost Zaha to come here for 1 season on Somodizs and keep him under contract.

He will be hungrier than Zaha anyway

Because Szmodics (one reason not to sign him alone, people don't know how to spell his name) is actually pretty rubbish. 

He's a David Nugent type of player, a bit too good for the Championship, nowhere near the standard of the Premier league. Absolutely no reason at all that a club in our position should be risking £20million plus on that type of player 

• Thanks 2

This will be the collapse that bothers me least of the three. I always thought it had Lingard to Forest vibes and that our best time to sign him would have been about four years back when we were at our pomp.

1 minute ago, Bilo said:

This will be the collapse that bothers me least of the three. I always thought it had Lingard to Forest vibes and that our best time to sign him would have been about four years back when we were at our pomp.

We'll be after Dele Ali next ......:whistle:

26 minutes ago, FLAN said:

I yearn for that feeling of excitement when years ago (many many) you’d be on holiday in the summer and buy a 2 day old UK newspaper and find out the club had completed a transfer. There’s just too much rubbish floating about now 

You and I must be comfortable floating in the rubbish, because here we are reading this thread.

The only posts needed to understand how/why this deal collapsed are these two.  The rest is noise.  NEXT

1 hour ago, moore_94 said:

20% tax for him in Turkey where as here it would be 45%

We would need to pay him about £150k a week to then match his net wage he gets in Turkey

I imagine this is why we were seemingly trying to do it where we only pay a loan fee for him but have probably found out we can’t do it that way?

1 hour ago, GingerrrFox said:

The tax issues are around residency and wealth. If you’ve left the country to live elsewhere and come back before a set period of time has elapsed, you have to pay HMRC tax on income earned whilst you were living abroad. So essentially he would be taxed twice on his money. 

1 hour ago, Tuna said:

I give up with this club.

1 hour ago, GingerrrFox said:

The tax issues are around residency and wealth. If you’ve left the country to live elsewhere and come back before a set period of time has elapsed, you have to pay HMRC tax on income earned whilst you were living abroad. So essentially he would be taxed twice on his money. 

2 hours ago, GingerrrFox said:

Yeah but surely it's worth it if you get to play for Leicester City?

• Haha 1