Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Wilf Zaha - loaned to Lyon

1 minute ago, Simonb said:

Can we offer him a signing fee (even if it's a loan) to cover the tax for this year's earning?

Even if we could, on TOP of the £8m we are already paying for him, it wouldn't make any financial sense. We would probably be looking at around £11m in total for a year...

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

There was a reason he ended up in Turkey despite palace offering 200k

49 minutes ago, blockheadder said:

Yes. Motivated by Champions League football.

200k per week in the UKis a little over 100k a week after tax. 150 k in Turkey is about the same

1 minute ago, blockheadder said:

402 minutes more than Palace in their history

That’s not my point, he was so desperate to get away for champions league football, he is now happy to leave after a season  and 400 minutes experience. 
I was implying that the Gala offer once the tax benefits were all added up with signing on fee probably more lucrative than the terms offered by Palace 

2 hours ago, Scotch said:

Even if we could, on TOP of the £8m we are already paying for him, it wouldn't make any financial sense. We would probably be looking at around £11m in total for a year...

Yea I get what you're saying with that and already had that in mind.

But for what we have at our disposal it may be worth the risk

The squads turgid and currently has no hope of staying up. But it might well just be a case of get destroyed and embarrassed for a season, take the EPL cash, go down and try bounce straight back up and hit the ground running in 2 years. I agree 11m for a seasons a lot, especially when he could end up injured 

If it becomes a case of its too expensive to complete. . I'd rather just give minutes to the young lads and blood them ready for the championship.. really ain't looking forward to this season 

• Like 1

Pay Gala £7m for Yunus, who I still think could be a decent player for us in the Prem. They want £5m for him in a loan deal.

Gala tops up Zaha’s deal to cover tax.

Jobs a good ‘un.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jayfox26 said:

If he's so desperate to come back to the PL then he can lose a few quid in tax

Aye, the only way he DOESN'T  lose money by moving back to the UK is if the buying club pay him about 25% more than jes being payed right now and given he's reportedly on 75k, I don't see that happening. 

Palace explored the option earlier in the summer, probably after they sold Olise to Bayern and realised pretty damn quick it was too difficult a deal to do. So please don’t tell me that Zaha, his agent and Gala didn’t already know the potential challenges/pitfalls, but perhaps they saw us as naive or a soft touch and thought they could milk us for every penny. The very fact he wasn’t training and it was being reported he was set to join etc shows we hadn’t done our due diligence. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

As ever Rudkin getting pissed about by agents.

Surely ms whelan can see through him 

she must chat to other clubs CEO’s and know if this is standard fayre or if we are overly played ??

possible that all clubs go through this nonsense to some degree..