Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Wilf Zaha - loaned to Lyon

Surely tax implications should be one of the first questions asked. We just seem to come across as complete amateurs. The time wasted on Zaha and soule is disgraceful. Not to mention expenses on jollies to Italy and Turkey. Thought we are skint but do expenses not count towards psr.

Just now, lcfc sheff said:

If it’s tax reasons and he still wants to come to England then I’m sure there is a solution.

Would tend to agree, this can be done without doubt, we just may need to wait for him to lower their demands.

11 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Would tend to agree, this can be done without doubt, we just may need to wait for him to lower their demands.

Only other option is to remain in Turkey. Which neither want… it’ll be a deadline day signing 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, ACF said:

Pay Gala £7m for Yunus, who I still think could be a decent player for us in the Prem. They want £5m for him in a loan deal.

Gala tops up Zaha’s deal to cover tax.

Jobs a good ‘un.

Struggled to make a impact in the championship....

• Like 1

Guest Chocolate Teapot
34 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Surely ms whelan can see through him 

she must chat to other clubs CEO’s and know if this is standard fayre or if we are overly played ??

possible that all clubs go through this nonsense to some degree.. 

One or two here really understand the power dynamics at play and who has more sway at the club (hums along to David Gray.....🎼). Largely because its hard to believe but I think percy reported that rudkin is more powerful than ever which should tell you what you need to know.

People overestimate the competence of Top too - or they did, I think most on here see through it now.

Guest Chocolate Teapot
Just now, Babylon said:

He's out of his depth because the player has tax issues that he may or may not be willing to bite the bullet on and take the hit personally. 

FFS, I get it peope don't like Rudkin but having to turn every little thing into a dig or a blame game is just a bit pathetic. 

Tax issues are a common thing with players moving abroad, it should not be an issue that either makes or breaks a transfer. Nor should it be an issue that comes up late on. 

Guest Chocolate Teapot
2 minutes ago, dooflip said:

He needs a better accountant. There are creative ways of making this problem go away, or at least minimising it I am sure.

Club could help him with that too as well but they won't have thought about that....

Just now, Chocolate Teapot said:

Club could help him with that too as well but they won't have thought about that....

Its a bit of a strange situation.

im not in anyway an expert in this area, so im probably wrong, but my understanding is that his employer is outside the uk and thats who’s paying him and who he is employed by. He is not and won’t be employed by anyone in the uk. So I don’t see why he has to pay uk tax.

6 minutes ago, dooflip said:

im not in anyway an expert in this area, so im probably wrong, but my understanding is that his employer is outside the uk and thats who’s paying him and who he is employed by. He is not and won’t be employed by anyone in the uk. So I don’t see why he has to pay uk tax.

I think if you are earning a living in the UK, you are liable to pay UK taxes

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, dooflip said:

Yeah that's not how it works 

10 minutes ago, MGLCFC said:

I think if you are earning a living in the UK, you are liable to pay UK taxes

But he wouldn’t be earning his living here. He works for a Turkish club who are simply allowing him to play football for us for a season.

1 hour ago, Babylon said:

He's out of his depth because the player has tax issues that he may or may not be willing to bite the bullet on and take the hit personally. 

FFS, I get it peope don't like Rudkin but having to turn every little thing into a dig or a blame game is just a bit pathetic. 

He is a shambles. A football academy coach at best. The sooner TOP see’s this, the better. We can move on as a club then 

1 hour ago, coolhandfox said:

Struggled to make an impact in the championship....

Was behind KDH and Dennis who have both left. Rather him than Ndidi in that role.

Yep totally agree with you. One or 2 people make a comment and the. The sheep follow the shepherds 

1 hour ago, dooflip said:

But he wouldn’t be earning his living here. He works for a Turkish club who are simply allowing him to play football for us for a season.

But by plying his trade in this country, that how he's earning his wages. It's a difficult one and I understand your argument. I'm not saying I'm correct, but there must be some reason why it's not as straightforward as you suggest.

We all know he is crap but I agree that any little thing is turned against him.

However, in this case, it comes across as classic contrarianism from you. This is such basic due diligence and since tapping up is no longer a thing, Rudkin and co have no excuses for not getting in top of this early. Now Zaha could have changed his mind and be unwilling to accept what was agreed at first but that seems very unlikely as all that would do is piss off a prospective buyer even more who's then no longer willing to fight for you.

We don't know all the facts, but from what we do know and the experience we have, i think it's fair to assume that this is all on Rudkin and team. To suggest otherwise without evidence is basic denial.

1 hour ago, indierich06 said:

Love how everyone here is a tax expert all of a sudden and can't believe that a player's personal tax situation wasn't the first thing on our mind. Some people just want to get mad about anything. 

1 hour ago, indierich06 said:

Negotiations if they were conducted by the Foxes Talk experts:

Zaha's Agent: So you're interested in signing Wilf, that's great - what is yo-

Rudkin: "HOLD ON, SHUT UP, WHAT IS WILF'S PERSONAL TAX SITUATION?"

this could reflect on our situation behind the scenes in that our dof has too much on his plate (his decision btw)

when zaha left palace and chose to go to gala, most of those in the industry would have known the dynamics behind it. That there were tax advantages at play in Turkey. so anyone now interested in signing the player and taking on the renumeration package in lieu of a loan fee should have broached that subject quite early.  It could be that we did and have been duped by Gala who had told us that they’d cover the tax differential and now have rowed back on that. Or that we just expected either wilf or gala to take a bath on it when push came to shove. As ever, no one will know. we may have taken advice ref HMRC/zaha and now found out that this isn’t sound.  

in the end, most incoming deals we’ve done over the years seem to have been good for the players (and presumably their advisors).  We will be able to make better judgements on all this when aug 30th is done.  I wonder if we get smashed on Monday and at craven Cottage if you’ll see proper panic deals done the last week of the window ??

1 hour ago, dooflip said:

🤙