Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Wilf Zaha - loaned to Lyon

59 minutes ago, Babylon said:

A players personal tax affairs isn't "basic due diligence." Basic due diligence would be whether the player is available and whether the player is willing to come if the right deal can be found. 

All the other stuff isn't going to come out into you get into the nitty gritty of the deal. The fact it was mooted as a massive loan fee and them paying the wages (remember that, when everyone thought that as unusual) suggests the clubs were trying to find a way to perhaps circumvent the issue. The players agent, the player, Rudkin, our club and the other club aren't tax experts, and would be having to exploy someone to help get around it, if at all possible. 

"To suggest otherwise without evidence is basic denial". The literal reason given for the delay or it not happening is a tax issue, so how on earth can you suggest there is no evidence, that's what we're all going off. 

Yes it is. Because as a business that regularly operates overseas (in terms of transfers), you must surely have people within the club that understand the nuance and laws that apply to employment of foreign nationals or returning citizens? It's hardly a rare occurrence to encounter is it. What we don't know is it Zaha had this company set up to put his earnings in but otherwise, as a transfer team, you should be clued up on this.

Think you've completely misunderstood my last point. I wasn't talking about what caused the issue, but rather talking about who is likely to blame based on the context. The tax issues are obviously the cause but it's one of the involved parties (if not all of them) that are to blame for it only becoming an issue at a late stage. Again, from what we know and what previous evidence we have, it's logical that Rudkin gets the blame.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

Now now  Opinions based on actual facts are not welcome on FT…….. by some on here.

Having to bite my tongue on a few points he’s posted but some thoroughly bizarre and  contradictory takes are being said across threads.

I get the protecting the club on some points but **** me how much do people need to see to criticise.

• Like 1

I'm in no way defending how our club is being run but the tax situation is on the players end and should have been flagged by his representatives early on. Not on our end. It's not our issue. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, GingerrrFox said:

You know when we are 3-0 down on Monday night. It’s gonna get very ****ing nasty towards the board and I don’t think they are remotely prepared for it. 

Assuming they’ve taken their seats by minute 5 ……

do you think that the fanbase think like this or will they direct their abuse towards the coach as is usual in these kind of situations?

Edited by st albans fox

5 minutes ago, GingerrrFox said:

You know when we are 3-0 down on Monday night. It’s gonna get very ****ing nasty towards the board and I don’t think they are remotely prepared for it. 

Like they give a flying ****. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Assuming they’ve taken their seats by minute 5 ……

do you think that the fanbase think like this or will they direct their abuse towards the coach as is usual in these kind of situations?

think most the fans know and realise that cooper isnt the one pulling the strings in the money department, all the FFP/PSR stuff is on the likes of rudkin, whelan and top

8 minutes ago, GingerrrFox said:

We win Monday. 

• Like 4

Just now, Ashley said:

We win Monday. 

I’d love it but I can’t see it. Cooper’s most likely rolling out the same side that got pumped by Lens and I can’t see past Spurs giving us a hiding with Maddison’s smug **** face lapping it up. 

3 minutes ago, GingerrrFox said:

I’d love it but I can’t see it. Cooper’s most likely rolling out the same side that got pumped by Lens and I can’t see past Spurs giving us a hiding with Maddison’s smug **** face lapping it up. 

I think Maddison has a bit of respect for our club tbf. Also even though at times he had a bit of a shocker in the main he was a very good servant to our club. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Have you forgotten to take your meds ash😄

we have to score at least one goal to win a game !

7 minutes ago, GingerrrFox said:

5 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

No chance not without any reinforcements.

My lads birthday. We haven't lost yet on his Birthday game/closest to his birthday. Last year was a 2-1 win against Cardiff. 

I believe. 

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, supernuk said:

I think Maddison has a bit of respect for our club tbf. Also even though at times he had a bit of a shocker in the main he was a very good servant to our club. 

I think he’ll score on Monday and do that thing when players refuse to celebrate against their old clubs in a gesture that is supposed to convey respect but somehow just comes across as a bit patronising. 

6 minutes ago, Hales said:

🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄 i'm hibernating the rest of this transfer window

I'd pop some Nytol and try and sleep through the entire season if you can!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, GingerrrFox said:

It won't though will it. One or two will shout sort it out or boo but it won't change anything. Most will sit in silence, or leave with 30 mins to go like usual