Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Wilf Zaha - loaned to Lyon

3 minutes ago, It'sblueupnorth said:

He’s paid tax on his earnings in turkey he’d then have to pay tax again on them earnings once he’s back in this country at 45%. What person would do that? I can guarantee that he’s paid more in tax that you and I put together, which goes towards education and healthcare, why do you hold him to a higher standard than yourself just because he’s more successful than you

Wealth taxes are desirable for a reason.

1 minute ago, Dahnsouff said:

Ah so tax on his terms. Got it.

I'll be totally honest, I'm not really arsed what he does with his money and how he pays his taxes. I just want my football team to be competitive this season and he'd give us a chance of that. We're going down with a whimper unless we make some serious additions along with some serious changes at both boardroom and managerial level, which I'm sure most in here would agree on 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, It'sblueupnorth said:

He’s paid tax on his earnings in turkey he’d then have to pay tax again on them earnings once he’s back in this country at 45%. What person would do that? I can guarantee that he’s paid more in tax that you and I put together, which goes towards education and healthcare, why do you hold him to a higher standard than yourself just because he’s more successful than you

I don’t hold him to a higher standard, I hold him to the same standard.

15 minutes ago, boosmanana said:

I'll be totally honest, I'm not really arsed what he does with his money and how he pays his taxes. I just want my football team to be competitive this season and he'd give us a chance of that. We're going down with a whimper unless we make some serious additions along with some serious changes at both boardroom and managerial level, which I'm sure most in here would agree on 

Conflating lots of things! But yes, agree he may be useful.

36 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

So, has there been any official developments on this guy today?

Unofficially there is nothing official development wise.  As a side, there will be no such issues with Ayew, this as payments into pension plans are tax free, well until Starmlin and his crew change this regime.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 3
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, Long Eaton Fox said:

It really is up to Zaha. Over the last year he's made good money at a lower tax rate. If he does want to return to the EPL he will have to pay the appropriate tax here. Don't think anyone, especially us, should be subsidising that. 

I assume that his people thought we’d cover some of his tax loss 

if we won’t then he will choose from those clubs willing to cover the £7m annual cost to gala of the player.  That may not be us so him deciding to take a hit for a year on his tax doesn’t necessarily mean he ends up here .

19 hours ago, GingerrrFox said:

You know when we are 3-0 down on Monday night. It’s gonna get very ****ing nasty towards the board and I don’t think they are remotely prepared for it. 

Nothing will happen, our fans are extremely wet.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dames said:

Nothing will happen, our fans are extremely wet.

You won't be surprised to hear the Facebook groups are jumping on anyone who is pissed off by this whole situation. 

Turkey and the UK have a double taxation treaty in place so he won’t be taxed twice on the same income.

Sounds like his tax situation is pretty complicated (probably image rights etc paid into a separate company).  

We should pay for some appropriate tax advice (and assume we have).  

it’s not up to us to offset any loss in income, it’s up to us to make him an offer that we are comfortable with and it’s then up to him to take it or not

• Like 4

Not bothered about Wilf. In my view, we have already got some talented hot & cold wingers already. Wilf would just add arrogance and moodyness to that. His budget (if we actually have one) should be used on a creative CAM. Someone who can link play through the middle. Otherwise Mavs, Fats, Vards or whoever will barely get a look in. 

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Marshall Cockney Fox said:

Not bothered about Wilf. In my view, we have already got some talented hot & cold wingers already. Wilf would just add arrogance and moodyness to that. His budget (if we actually have one) should be used on a creative CAM. Someone who can link play through the middle. Otherwise Mavs, Fats, Vards or whoever will barely get a look in. 

Well, we've got Buonanotte. But yeah, could use some reinforcements there. More than anything we need a striker who can put chances away. 

1 minute ago, ronnup said:

Glad we bumped the thread for this. Top job

Oooh tetchy. Every thread in this section has gotten endless bumps with nothing happening.  I know you're upset. We all are.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, indierich06 said:

Well, we've got Buonanotte. But yeah, could use some reinforcements there. More than anything we need a striker who can put chances away. 

James Rodrigues? On a free. Would be our first Rodrigues since Peter.