Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Wilf Zaha - loaned to Lyon

5 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2024/08/19/leicester-city-premier-league-ready-steve-cooper-summer/

An ambitious move to lure Wilfried Zaha back to the Premier League has also proved problematic, with the structure of the loan deal and potential tax implications. It is understood Zaha would have to pay in excess of £8 million from his own pocket for the move to proceed.

Well that's not happening is it

3 minutes ago, LeePhilpottsBaldSpot said:

Shall we close the thread in the hope it inspires a highly unlikely U-turn? lol

I requested that for Ayew and then frigging Percy speaks…

4 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Surely still the same issue with Tax on his wages?

I would have thought so - same issue that meant Henderson couldn't come back to the UK from Saudi (one of them anyway). Whether its a loan or permanent isn't relevant - I assume he doesn't want to take a hit on tax and we weren't prepared to pay it for him

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Surely still the same issue with Tax on his wages?

Yes but if they don’t have to pay gala a fee then they may be able to pay him a very high salary in lieu of no fee. Gala will be happy to get him off their books. 

Just now, st albans fox said:

Yes but if they don’t have to pay gala a fee then they may be able to pay him a very high salary in lieu of no fee. Gala will be happy to get him off their books. 

Maybe 

13 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

But he has to pay something mental in unpaid uk tax on his last years earnings. That's the issue all along.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, JimJams said:

But he has to pay something mental in unpaid uk tax on his last years earnings. That's the issue all along.

Tax year begins april

he would have to pay a big chunk of tax on five months earnings. 
I don’t see how it could be as high as it’s been reported looking backwards. Clearly his new salary would have to be around 170k/week to cover his future earnings at a similar level to what he’s taking home in Turkey. 

29 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

So we should enable tax avoidance?

Late to the party but how does paying £8m to allow him to pay tax enable tax avoidance if it effectively means he pays the tax ?

(no idea where the £8m figure came from)

25 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

So we should enable tax avoidance?

We’d be paying his increased wages so would not be enabling tax avoidance 

but we aren’t prepared to pay that inflated wage 

whether wolves judge that paying £16m/18m over two years is worth it I wouldn’t know 

2 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

We’d be paying his increased wages so would not be enabling tax avoidance 

but we aren’t prepared to pay that inflated wage 

whether wolves judge that paying £16m/18m over two years is worth it I wouldn’t know 

And why would we be paying increased wages?

Edited by Dahnsouff

3 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Late to the party but how does paying £8m to allow him to pay tax enable tax avoidance if it effectively means he pays the tax ?

(no idea where the £8m figure came from)

Because he isn’t paying it, we are.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Dahnsouff said:

And why would we be paying increased wages?

So he gets the same nett as he would in turkey

1 minute ago, Dahnsouff said:

Because he isn’t paying it, we are.

So there is no tax avoidance - it’s being paid - just effectively by us ! 

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

So he gets the same nett as he would in turkey

So there is no tax avoidance - it’s being paid - just effectively by us ! 

That is true, even if it is proving the point that he is avoiding his tax burden by having us pay it by increasing his wages to offset the tax due.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

With the UK tax burden, I’m certain Zaha isn’t the only one having it as a consideration in salary negotiations. 

Does not really justify it just because everyone’s doing it though, does it?

26 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Tax year begins april

he would have to pay a big chunk of tax on five months earnings. 
I don’t see how it could be as high as it’s been reported looking backwards. Clearly his new salary would have to be around 170k/week to cover his future earnings at a similar level to what he’s taking home in Turkey. 

The new tax year isn't relevant.  If his earnings for some portion of the prior tax year is deemed to have been earned whilst still a UK resident, irrespective of where he worked, then he will have to pay the unpaid tax in that year.

• Like 1