Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Wilf Zaha - loaned to Lyon

17 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Does not really justify it just because everyone’s doing it though, does it?

No but what I’m trying to explain to you is: a) it’s truly commercial and avoidance is the wrong term (which I think we agree on); b) we’d be further hindered and probably lose out on players we have as well as future players if we thought to shut down negotiations on such consideration, 

For the record, I’m not in favour over paying a loan a player

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HankMarvin said:

Wolves want him on a permanent 

1 hour ago, coolhandfox said:

Surely still the same issue with Tax on his wages?

Incoming "Player always wanted Wolves and tax was never an issue" tweet from Fabrizio.

• Haha 1

When Zaha went to Gala his agent would surely have told him the implications of an early return to the UK. That is what agents are paid a fortune for. Gala should not expect a transfer  fee for him just a loan fee and an arrangement over his salary. His tax affairs are his own liability.

12 hours ago, Long Eaton Fox said:

When Zaha went to Gala his agent would surely have told him the implications of an early return to the UK. That is what agents are paid a fortune for. Gala should not expect a transfer  fee for him just a loan fee and an arrangement over his salary. His tax affairs are his own liability.

Correct, so he gets to decide whether to come back to the UK and pay the tax man 8 Million quid or not.  

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Long Eaton Fox said:

From the more recent reports, I think Zaha’s tax issue is down to the number of days he’s spent in the UK whilst at Gala, impacting on his residency status - suggesting he has a tax issue whether he moves or not.

38 minutes ago, Marshall Cockney Fox said:

Do we really wanting to be banging on about Wilfs relationship to HMRC? Every time you post on here and the thread moves up, it gets a tad excited. Shame on you all!!

You're right. I won't be doing any more  Self Assessments on him again!

• Like 1

**** him, I have to pay my taxes and so should he. I’m sure he’ll be fine with his tens of millions left in the bank

Doing shit like paying his tax bill for him is the complete antithesis of good financial management, and exactly the kind of play that got us into the FFP hole

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Itsthejoeker said:

**** him, I have to pay my taxes and so should he. I’m sure he’ll be fine with his tens of millions left in the bank

Doing shit like paying his tax bill for him is the complete antithesis of good financial management, and exactly the kind of play that got us into the FFP hole

Tbf I bet your tax bill is a few thousand, not £8 million 😂

Edited by South Shire Fox

32 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

That only tells me he can bloody well afford it

well… not really… football is a very short career. I wouldn’t write off 8 million of my grandkids inheritance.. that could set them all up for life.

Edited by MPH
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, MPH said:

well… not really… football is a very short career. I wouldn’t write off 8 million of my grandkids inheritance.. that could set them all up for life.

Oh no, the millionaires children might only get one or two million in inheritance and would have to get a job 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Itsthejoeker said:

Oh no, the millionaires children might only get one or two million in inheritance and would have to get a job 

Depends entirely on how well he's managed his financial affairs during his career. In theory he should have a fortune in the bank but depending on who he's had advising them that may or may not be the case. Craig Bellamy and Bradley Wiggins are both recent cases of dodgy financial advisors ruining the futures of their clients.

6 minutes ago, fkas said:

Depends entirely on how well he's managed his financial affairs during his career. In theory he should have a fortune in the bank but depending on who he's had advising them that may or may not be the case. Craig Bellamy and Bradley Wiggins are both recent cases of dodgy financial advisors ruining the futures of their clients.

Sounds like his problem, not Leicester City Football Clubs. No way should we be spending £8m extra because he can’t afford his tax bill. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Itsthejoeker said:

They’d have to get a job anyway? It wouldn’t be  enough to live on for the rest of their lives. University paid for without  a student loan hanging over there heads and a nice house and by the time they do leave university there probably won’t be much left after that.

Edited by MPH

2 hours ago, South Shire Fox said:

Tbf I bet your tax bill is a few thousand, not £8 million 😂

I doubt he’s in a position where he can right off 8million.

Career earnings and current wealth are two very different things. 

He’s certainly not in the bracket where he can lose 8m and think nothing of it. 

The £8mill is what we were offering for a loan. Not sure why it's gotten mixed up with his taxes.

With a signing on fee and his reported wages for a year it's just short of £6mill, so he'd have to pay tax on that presumably.

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

No idea where this 8m has come from 

no way has he saved 8m in tax since April 1st 2024 compared with what he’d pay here 

maybe the 8m is the tax liability difference between Turkey and U.K. out to end of his contract in 2026.

£8m came from Percy

An ambitious move to lure Wilfried Zaha back to the Premier League has also proved problematic, with the structure of the loan deal and potential tax implications. It is understood Zaha would have to pay in excess of £8 million from his own pocket for the move to proceed.

3 hours ago, moore_94 said:

£8m came from Percy

An ambitious move to lure Wilfried Zaha back to the Premier League has also proved problematic, with the structure of the loan deal and potential tax implications. It is understood Zaha would have to pay in excess of £8 million from his own pocket for the move to proceed.

Thought a journo had reported it - still doesn’t make sense though. 

4 hours ago, st albans fox said:

Thought a journo had reported it - still doesn’t make sense though. 

I actually wonder whether his limited company dealings have been caught up in an IR35 review and he owes money on that