Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Wilf Zaha - loaned to Lyon

If he's coming back to England, I'd imagine he'd choose Palace, if they are interested. I'm not sure his ego would want to join a team that is likely to be in a relegation battle. I think Palace will do ok this season and probably finish mid table. 

However if we somehow manage to get him, he would be a good signing. I don't particularly like him and have always thought he's a pr1ck, but he'd offer us alot more than someone like Jordan Ayew. 

As Ric said, I could see him and Mavididi being used between lw and up front. Realistically, we don't have and aren't likely to be able to sign a striker that could score 10+ goals (other than possibly Vardy if he's still got it) so having some attacking options like Mavididi, Fatawu and Zaha who could maybe all score 7-8 goals each, could give us a decent shot of staying up, plus adding in any goals from Vardy and maybe Cannon. A centre mid to add some goals like KDH did would be nice as well. 

5 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

What had he got to gain by going back, he's been there and got the postcard twice.

What's he got to gain coming here? I don't see Zaha as the type to want to battle back from minus points to survival.. he'll just go where the jobs easier and he gets paid. Genuinely hope we're his only realistic option and he comes here though. Definitely a game changer

1 hour ago, moore_94 said:

As Galatsaray are a publicly trading company they have to announce player contract details - Zaha’s from when he signed:

An agreement has been reached for the transfer of professional football player Dazet Wilfried Armel Zaha for 3 seasons. According to the agreement, the football player will be paid a net signing fee of 2,330,000 Euros and a net seasonal wage of 4,350,000 Euros for each football season.

Just over £70k per week then. Gerrimminn.

8 minutes ago, Simonb said:

What's he got to gain coming here? I don't see Zaha as the type to want to battle back from minus points to survival.. he'll just go where the jobs easier and he gets paid. Genuinely hope we're his only realistic option and he comes here though. Definitely a game changer

This would also be my concern, or one of anyway. Say he does come here in those circumstances, what's his attitude going to look like? I've never had Zaha down as one who will roll his sleeves up and fight for a cause that could be deemed already lost. Maybe for Palace, but not for us. 

Very, very talented. Attitude questionable. Age/Stage of career + Motivation to come here I'd also file under questionable. 

Could work very well, could also be an unmitigated disaster. 

10 minutes ago, Muzzy_no7 said:

Where’s Zaha going to play then? 

Up front. A counter attacking set up with mavi left fatawu right and Zaha down the middle. Then when them 3 have terrorised defenders we throw vardy on.

The more I think about it, it could be pure sex if could utilise them 3 plus vardy in the right way. 

Edited by jayfox26
  • Like 3

Just now, CaliFOXnia said:

This would also be my concern, or one of anyway. Say he does come here in those circumstances, what's his attitude going to look like? I've never had Zaha down as one who will roll his sleeves up and fight for a cause that could be deemed already lost. Maybe for Palace, but not for us. 

Very, very talented. Attitude questionable. Age/Stage of career + Motivation to come here I'd also file under questionable. 

Could work very well, could also be an unmitigated disaster. 

I think he'll have a sort of selfish motivation if he comes here.  ie to prove he still has 'it'

And I would actually take that Zaha to be honest. If he wants to prove he's still a player and backs it up on the pitch.. it'll only benefit the results for whoever he plays for.

If we bring in a decent forward and have him mavs and fatawu behind with Vardy there for the 20 to 30min cameos, the attack could be lethal.. which is going to be needed with what looks (to me anyway) a very poor defence. Could be some proper end to end high scoring games inbound....

Season of 0-0s it is 

Just now, Simonb said:

New challenge. 

3 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

New challenge. 

Players like Zaha it's all about himself and money.

If he wants to prove he still has the ability to play in the Premier league and we have the funds to do the deal, get it done 

27 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

Up front. A counter attacking set up with mavi left fatawu right and Zaha down the middle. Then when them 3 have terrorised defenders we throw vardy on.

The more I think about it, it could be pure sex if could utilise them 3 plus vardy in the right way. 

I’m just not sure about him in our situation given his complete lack of work rate and teamwork. 

I stand to be corrected but I don’t think he’s the right fit given our predicament. 

42 minutes ago, Muzzy_no7 said:

I’m just not sure about him in our situation given his complete lack of work rate and teamwork. 

I stand to be corrected but I don’t think he’s the right fit given our predicament. 

Given the other players we've been linked with, he's probably the better option. Miles better than Ayew 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, RYM said:

Another one for the future …. 😫

If true it's a loan. This season is all about staying up. Nothing else. As a short fix to make that happen it's an exceptional option. Not all signings have to be for the future. Our future needs to be in the prem and not in the championship again. This gives us a much better chance. I still think the points deduction will mean we'll go down, however a short term fix like this gives us more of a chance. Yes, he's not one for the future, but he's a very good fix for our present. Cambiasso, remember him? Not for the future and massively helped us stay up. 

Do I think this will happen - no. 

Edited by fox_favourite

Galatasaray asked for a high rental fee from Crystal Palace. Palace is still on the table. As @David_Ornstein wrote, Leicester is also in the game for Zaha. The deal is not over yet. Galatasaray wants to earn a high rental fee and open up limits. The player said 'okay' to both clubs.

Edited by jonny_wright
  • Thanks 2