Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Facundo Buonanotte joins on loan - Official

Thing is, we already have a 19 year old AM, who is permanently contracted to the club, and actually supports the club.

Cant help but think, if we wanted to go down the youth route, why not look at what we already have?

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, An Away Move said:

I’ll be really annoyed if this signing means Alves goes out on loan. Hopefully they’ll be room for the two of them in the first team squad though. I know many think Alves would be better off going out on loan but I strongly believe he’ll be better off staying with. My gut is that the club agree. They seem to have made a real effort to make him feel included and have slowly started to shine a light on him in the media recently. 

If it means going out and proving himself then that’s better for us and him - it will save the meltdown every week on here when he’s on the bench. He has done zero so far to justify a place in the team - coming back from a big injury and if on loan has an opportunity to rip it up in the championship. Win Win 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Desperately hope we have other attacking midfield options lined up

We have.  Not a chance we spend money on a defender but then don't splash the cash on an an area of the pitch we are desperately short of.

We just couldn't be that foolish. 

Please Rudders I beg of ye.  

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, niyaminski said:

Thing is, we already have a 19 year old AM, who is permanently contracted to the club, and actually supports the club.

Cant help but think, if we wanted to go down the youth route, why not look at what we already have?

Buonanotte is far more developed than Alves, so is currently a much better first team option. We need to do whatever we can to try and stay up.

• Like 1

Good to get this done. 

Boosts the attack. Not to be greedy but would be good to get another attacking midfielder/striker in. If it's Zaha, we can move on to perhaps better central midfielders for depth or a LB. 

I don’t know.

I’m glad we’ve got someone in but at the same time obviously wasn’t going to get much game time at Brighton. 

No offence to Brighton as they are in a far far stronger position than us but it’s a player they didn’t think was worthy of a place in their squad. 

To be fair, Brighton are a very smart club… it was very wise to tie him down to a  long term contract. Worst case scenerio for them is they will get top dollar if they do sell at the end of the season..