Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Cooper - OUT

Seriously? Give a guy a chance FFS! Of course we are going to go down, the club is a complete mess. That is not the fault of Cooper and blaming him is just letting those who are responsible off the hook. Fair play to him for taking on this mess when it becomes clearer by the day that most in the game are avoiding us like the plague!

Edited by LCFCJohn
  • Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, Sly said:

I know I’ll die on this hill but he’s not helping himself.

Terrible squad additions.

Terrible team selections.

Terrible tactics.

Terrible in game management.

Terrible substitutions.

Get him gone and quickly. 

Who with? Slim pickings for us mate.

He had one bad game (albeit a shite preseason). We saw what Brendan had to do for Top to pull the trigger. Cooper has 30 or so more matches left in him yet at least.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

Some of you need to grow up. Early days. You can have Dyche? Or what about that wonderful 1 point Sheffield Wednesday manager. Let's see as things settle. 

I didn’t want him to begin with.

We’ve looked awful for two games.

3 minutes ago, Sly said:

Terrible tactics.

Terrible substitutions.

There is an alternative to him being sacked.

If he has a lightbulb moment and changes things around then I’d be up for giving him a bit longer.

If we perform the way we did today in the next few games he needs to go.

problem is, we will be even more unattractive then. Blown 50m on crap. No money left, window closed. Unbalanced squad with zero creativity.

…we are down lads. The quicker we come to terms with that, the easier it will be and we can go back to having a laugh chanting things like “we’ve got the ball” again.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

Some of you need to grow up. Early days. You can have Dyche? Or what about that wonderful 1 point Sheffield Wednesday manager. Let's see as things settle. 

Many called for Dyche in the past. Dodged a huge bullet there

• Like 1

Just now, phoneticerror said:

We’re Leicester City. Did you expect us to suddenly turn into Arsenal now we’re back in the Prem???

No, like I said, I’d like him to pick a team that contains our best players and show some sort of in game management. 

I never wanted him, but since he arrived I was willing to give him a chance. That being said, if he wants a record low number of points and the quickest turning of a fanbase in history, he should continue to play Reid and JJ over Stephy and Ricky....utter stupidity!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Ricey said:

Behave. He’s taken over a ship with huge self-inflicted holes in it and we are two matches in. I think he’s got some things wrong, but our biggest problem is that the squad is nowhere near good enough, due to a long line of mostly terrible transfer windows.

You can’t blame a manager two matches in. All the anger and blame should be at the doors of Top and Rudkin. It’s their mess.

Like I wrote @Ricey, I’ll die on this hill. 

A better quality coach gets more from this squad. We are all over the shop. 

The question "Who we gonna get?" is truer than ever before.

And after past experiences, "Be careful what you wish for" has never resonated so much.

Also, if I had to "give him (Rodgers) time" for 2.5 years, you lot are gonna have to wait alot longer than 2 games.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Sly said:

Terrible tactics.

Terrible substitutions.

2 minutes ago, Sly said:

No, like I said, I’d like him to pick a team that contains our best players and show some sort of in game management. 

The above is what I’ve read. It can across like a bit of a pissed up rant rather than a strategic viewpoint.

It's a pointless thread.

We don't sack managers after 2 games and just because you don't like his tactics/selections/buys doesn't justify an out thread mid-August, it just makes us look entitled like some sort of mid-2000s AFTV cretin

• Like 2

I didn't mind him when we got him, but his insistence on getting aged, past it players, because we need "experience", has really pissed me off. Not to mention not playing Ricky, one of our best CM & RB. In reality we won't sack him even if we get relegated. Infact we probably hired him with one eye on the championship.

1 minute ago, Sly said:

Like I wrote @Ricey, I’ll die on this hill. 

A better quality coach gets more from this squad. We are all over the shop. 

Where is the big queue of quality coaches who want the the job of coaching the favourites for the drop with a points deduction on the horizon?

1 minute ago, Number 6 said:

No point having this conversation yet. Dust needs to settle with the transfer window closing and then we'll see where we are.

1 minute ago, Matt said:

And after past experiences, "Be careful what you wish for" has never resonated so much.

Also, if I had to "give him (Rodgers) time" for 2.5 years, you lot are gonna have to wait alot longer than 2 games.

I didn’t want him, but he 100% needs more time before being sacked.

1 minute ago, phoneticerror said:

The above is what I’ve read. It can across like a bit of a pissed up rant rather than a strategic viewpoint.

I’m fully T Total! 

The issue is that we’ve gone away from the philosophy that Maresca built. 

I was maybe in the minority that didn’t want Maresca to go as I didn’t mind his pragmatic football. 

His non starting use of Ricardo and Mavididi is criminal.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, VLC86 said:

This would be madness for many reasons, but making us look even more clueless for potential managers means nobody decent would touch us.

It was the wrong appointment to begin with. He’s so far away from the style of football that we’ve played and the squad we have doesn’t suit him. 

It’s exposing his lack of flexibility.

We don’t need a world class coach. We need one that can work with the tools that he has. 

7 minutes ago, Matt said:

Rodgers should have gone after losing to Coopers Forest. 

• Like 3