Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Cooper - OUT

3 minutes ago, Sly said:

I don’t think we play the style of football Cooper wants.

I don’t think cooper even knows what style of football he wants, because currently there is none. If we had a clear way of playing that was strategic and we could see the reasoning behind it working on the pitch, I think a lot of us would feel differently. It all just seems clueless.

seriously, why we didn’t go in hard for corberan is beyond me.

• Like 1

Very frustrating and i’m as frustrated as anyone but as others say give him a few games after the transfer window.. the fact he is ex forest means we will all turn on him quicker than other managers and he must know that before taking this job on. 

atm it’s just a shi*t show of starting players who shouldn’t start, no plan, no attacking outlet and an incompetent board.

• Like 1

I think we could see tickets on general sale this year and us struggling to sell out. That'll be the first time in a long time and will be a big wake up call for Top.

Maybe that's what he needs. 

• Like 1

Guest Chocolate Teapot

Seen too much tbh.

Don't think he knows a decent player at all. You can con Forest, but you ain't kidding us.

5 minutes ago, Sly said:

Jokes aside, what Is your take on his appointment in general and the style of play? 

I think he was a very brave man to take the job considering the expectations of tbe fans but with a significantly poorer team to go up with than the one that came down.

With his Forest connections and impending points deductions and having to sell a key player before the season even starts he walled into an almost impossible job to 

Keep us up

Give the fans a brand if football they would be happy with

And somehow try and convince anyone he could available in tbe transfer market that we are a good club to be joining at a good time. 

The style of play is much as I expected. 

A low block soaking up long periods of pressure and trying to make tbe most of our chances when they come.

I don't think this will change much and don't see any other option for him to go with. 

We are never going to be able to attack teams as we will leave ourselves greatly exposed , taking some almighty wallopings denting confidence even more along the way.

As for team selections...every manager comes into a club with their own ideas. 

And now more than ever it's a squad gane not just about 11 players. All of the squad will find their place to play their part at some point .

Ricky and Mav will both play a huge part this season I'm sure. 

Remember Ranieri started the season with Kante and Fuchs on the bench. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Seen too much tbh.

Don't think he knows a decent player at all. You can con Forest, but you ain't kidding us.

Well Rogers managed it with the board and over half our fan base right up until his dismissal.

Edited by ashbyj
  • Like 3

36 minutes ago, phoneticerror said:

If he inherited the best squad we’ve ever had, we’d have won the league again. 

We wouldn't have won the league as Liverpool were incredible in 19/20 but had we avoided injuries that season like we did in 15/16 we definitely could have finished on 80+ points. Also had we invested that 50 mil which we spent on Dennis Praet and Ayoze Perez on some actually good players we would almost certainly have gotten into the top 4 at least once.

We were absolutely primed for success when Rodgers came in, our success under him was a miracle and actually there is a solid argument that he underperformed with us given the circumstances.

• Like 3

Guest Chocolate Teapot
3 minutes ago, ashbyj said:

Well Rogers managed it with the board and over half our fan base right up until his dismissal.

Rodgers is a miles better manager than this bloke.

1 minute ago, cropstonfox said:

Be interested to hear suggestions for a replacement who could get a tune out of this squad.Also who would be willing to come here?

Big Sam? Tony Pullis?

We should give him at least a year.

The money we’ve wasted on Ayew could have got us Corberan. 

Still would have been ideal. 

I don’t have the answers to who, as you never know who is available. 

Some Coaches will be attracted to the role, as it’s still a Premier League job, even getting us within touching distance of survival would be an achievement. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, dooflip said:

Perfect, sounds like an upgrade, when can you start?

I forgot to mention it was Ireland and it was a woman’s team, for 4 games. :ph34r:

Needs to learn from his mistakes. Starting some attacking centre mids would be a nice start instead of bringing them on when we're two nil down ffs.

Edited by Nalis
  • Like 4

4 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Just because foxestalk has a history of being reactionary, it doesn't mean that believing Cooper is not good enough is a knee jerk opinion. 

It's not going to get significantly better that we survive. 

The squad is good enough for 14-17th but if the manager takes zero risks and has zero belief in them, they won't achieve it. 

Exactly. 

I said on the other thread that a team like this would be good enough to survive, and possibly with enough of a gap to overcome the points deduction.

Hermansen

Ricardo 

Faes

Okoli

Justin

Winks

Skipp

Fatawu

Bounanotte

Mavididi

Edouard

Plenty of defensive solidity, pace from the wingbacks in JJ and Riccy, Winks and Skipp to keep everything tight and a really progressive trio in front of them supporting Edouard up front.

Would we get spanked on occasion? Most likely, yes. But we'd definitely pick up points against the teams we need to do so against. But Cooper is far too conservative and just isn't using the talent we have, of which there is now plenty to beat the bottom six.

Edited by Bilo
  • Like 4

Learn your lesson and stop being a coward. Hes cost us in all 3 games.

Poor start and set up against spurs.

Didn't react and go for it against Fulham.

Started the most brain dead defensive team possible against villa.

The only positive I can give is we have been in every game and they could of gone another way if he would learn lessons.

We have the players, cooper just needs to believe that  That loss is on him too negative. He is the reason we go down

Negative spineless coward!!! 

Edited by DezFox
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1