Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Cooper - OUT

2 minutes ago, WarehamFox said:

What a shit line up! Always lined up for defeat. We have some attacking players but none are played. What is Coopers plan? 

No rocket science is it, keep the game tight and try and knick it late on.

4 minutes ago, Danno said:

Why would we go for a player who’s team shat themselves in the play offs to Southampton? He hasn’t achieved anything 

His spending since arriving would suggest he's done quite well there, but that's opinions, the point was mainly about the fact we "couldn't afford" him when we've spent £70m+ on players. 

Just now, SixtiesFox said:

I thought Okoli was immense today.

Thought he had a good game too, him and Faes were both a bit muddled for the 2nd goal which was a mistake on both of them but overall he had a much better game compared to what he's shown so far. 

• Like 1

Just now, coolhandfox said:

I just thought he was too late in attacking the game. At 55 minutes I was screaming that we'd end up two down if we didn't get more creative players on the field. He needs time, of course, and he clearly has the players brilliantly motivated. But his negativity was a problem.

It's all opinions but fwiw, I think too many people see the game as black and white of attack vs defence, I agree I think we were setup too defensively minded, but Skipp got forward quite often. Out of the 3 man midfield, Ndidi plays more defensively, Skipp goes forward and Winks plays between the two. 
This idea that just because we subbed on some offensive midfielders and we started creating chances that we should have started with that and would have got a better result if we did is just oversimplifying tactics. 
With a 3 man midfield of Winks, Skipp and Ndidi we were still defensively overrun, if we had Bouanotte on from the beginning we very likely could have been even more overrun  in midfield which easily could have cost us more goals in the first half. 
I understand peoples frustrations with Cooper wanting to setup with a more traditionally "solid" midfield at the expense of creativity, but that doesn't automatically mean it's the wrong decision. He could have started with Bouanotte and we go into half time 3-0 down, in the end we came into the 2nd half still in the game vs a Champions League side. Was it frustrating? Yes. Is throwing attackers on from minute 1 always the answer? of course not. Football isn't black and white. I hope we find a better balance too, but my personal opinion is that if we had dropped Skipp, Ndidi or Winks we would have been even further behind with how badly our midfield was getting overrun. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Yeh, that’s a shit plan though. Backed up by the fact that we lost, and were well on top once we brought attacking players on.

5 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

the one positive I can find is it's Everton at home in 3 weeks and when we lose comfortably to them it'll get toxic enough to force tops hand 

Just on my way back from the ground. Cooper got a warm reception from all 4 sides of the ground at full time with the crowd appreciating his sides endeavour and fight. 

The only place that's toxic is this negative little echo chamber.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

yea, it is sad that we're reduced to waiting for this championship standard manager to be sacked so we can have a crack at trying to stay up

Who would you go for if he was sacked tonight? Genuinely curious Available coaches | Transfermarkt

Imo, I think it would have to be someone who can come in and rally the team, Moyes/Nige/Sam type manager. 
I'd really love for us to find a gem who wants to play attractive football but is the gamble on an unknown any better than sticking with cooper?

Edited by cityfanlee23

Just now, The whole world smiles said:

Just on my way back from the ground. Cooper got a warm reception from all 4 sides of the ground at full time with the crowd appreciating his sides endeavour and fight. 

You're right that often this place does become an echo chamber, but it's worth noting that the ground can also become one too. Rodgers was being clapped right to the very end by the majority. Devils advocate. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, cityfanlee23 said:

It's all opinions but fwiw, I think too many people see the game as black and white of attack vs defence, I agree I think we were setup too defensively minded, but Skipp got forward quite often. Out of the 3 man midfield, Ndidi plays more defensively, Skipp goes forward and Winks plays between the two. 
This idea that just because we subbed on some offensive midfielders and we started creating chances that we should have started with that and would have got a better result if we did is just oversimplifying tactics. 
With a 3 man midfield of Winks, Skipp and Ndidi we were still defensively overrun, if we had Bouanotte on from the beginning we very likely could have been even more overrun  in midfield which easily could have cost us more goals in the first half. 
I understand peoples frustrations with Cooper wanting to setup with a more traditionally "solid" midfield at the expense of creativity, but that doesn't automatically mean it's the wrong decision. He could have started with Bouanotte and we go into half time 3-0 down, in the end we came into the 2nd half still in the game vs a Champions League side. Was it frustrating? Yes. Is throwing attackers on from minute 1 always the answer? of course not. Football isn't black and white. I hope we find a better balance too, but my personal opinion is that if we had dropped Skipp, Ndidi or Winks we would have been even further behind with how badly our midfield was getting overrun. 

But Wilf doesn't keep the ball so having a better player on the ball like Buo or Bilal doesn't necessarily mean you're worse off defensively, because the opponent isn't constantly being gifted the ball.

• Like 1

I was really pro his appointment and really want him to do well but my god is he making it so difficult.

Im not there yet. But I need to see him see what we are all seeing over the next couple of games and after the international break when he has had chance to work with them.

I can deal with going down but at least have a go. Something like:

Mads 

Ricardo - Vestergaard or Faes - Okolie - VK

Winks - Skipp

Fatawu - Facuno or Bilal - Mavididi

Vardy or Edouard

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JimJams said:

But Wilf doesn't keep the ball so having a better player on the ball like Buo or Bilal doesn't necessarily mean you're worse off defensively, because the opponent isn't constantly being gifted the ball.

Yeah I agree with that too, can definitely see both sides, but on the flipside of that, Buo came on at a time in the match where Villa were backing off and soaking up pressure which allowed him space and time to move around, in the first half there is no guarantee he would have got any space or time, he's not a strong player and could easily have been bullied out of the game. 
I can see both sides, i'm just pointing out the fact that it's never black and white. 

4 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

yea, the fans at the game were more bothered about moaning at perceived slights by the ref but patience and support among the masses with him can only last so long when he's already so obviously out of his depth 

Why do people who disagree with others on here make personal comments?

I mean it’s very easy to call the ones who can’t fault Top/Cooper, white knights - they won’t sleep with you lads BUT that’s too easy.

Cooper’s disregard for Ricky and Stephy straight away make it hard for me to sympathize for him then throw in the turgid football and apparent obsession with PL experienced players makes it a pretty rough situation to defend.