Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Cooper - OUT

Just now, The Doctor said:

yea, the fans at the game were more bothered about moaning at perceived slights by the ref but patience and support among the masses with him can only last so long when he's already so obviously out of his depth 

You seem to have a massive bug up your ass about Cooper. lol
Is it the Forest connection? He has not been great, but has been ….ok…

Hopefully the litmus test after the 2 week break will show something conclusive too me.

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

How can anyone defend Cooper he’s absolutely crap! The sooner he’s sacked the better.

I you sound like an unhappy fox :ph34r:

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

the one positive I can find is it's Everton at home in 3 weeks and when we lose comfortably to them it'll get toxic enough to force tops hand 

My Everton mate says that he’s not seen them play as well as they did today for a long time 

assuming they’re garbage could be dangerous 

but we shouldn’t have 3 DM’s in the team 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, cityfanlee23 said:

Thought he had a good game too, him and Faes were both a bit muddled for the 2nd goal which was a mistake on both of them but overall he had a much better game compared to what he's shown so far. 

yep poor communication on who was to mark duran 

Problem is, he was never going to be given much leeway with the fans by virtue of what he is - a third choice, relegation-fodder manager. It doesn’t matter about the Forest connection for most IMO.

I hope he gets it right, I really do, but if fans’ patience is running thin after 3 games, it’s going to be fvcking unbearably toxic when we’re rock bottom after 10 games with a handful of points.

Edited by RoboFox

1 minute ago, Dahnsouff said:

You seem to have a massive bug up your ass about Cooper. lol
Is it the Forest connection? He has not been great, but has been ….ok…

Hopefully the litmus test after the 2 week break will show something conclusive too me.

it's not the forest connection at all and it's honestly childish to pretend critics of him are just doing so because he's ex-Forest, but since we're talking about his connections to forest, his team there were the same kinds of awful as we're seeing, with the hyper negative tactics and a "just don't get beat by too much" approach. that for me does buy him less time but it's not specifically because he's ex Forest, he could have done that at Bournemouth, Everton or any other club and I'd be saying the same, because it's not the case of a foreign coach coming to the division and learning how these sides play and how to adapt his tactics, it's that he is tactically out of his depth and these first three games show he's learnt nothing in his time out, because he's making the exact same errors he did at forest

• Like 1

Not going to knee jerk like some, but the changes he needs to make are simplistic and clear as day for all to see. 

One of Buonanotte or El Khannouss must start at all times, not starting with one of them lost us that game today. 

I don’t expect Mavididi to be a regular starter, they’ll be games where he’d be better off as an impact sub, but I think he needs to at least be starting in home games. 

Then finally, Ricardo in for JJ or Kristiansen(Switch JJ to the left).

If he doesn’t make at least one of the above changes for the Palace game, then more fans will be turning on him. 

• Like 4

For what it's worth I don't think we've played too horrendously. Cooper's team selection seems designed for containment first then attacking intensity in the second half. The refusal to play Ricardo is baffling and detrimental to the team. BDCR over Mavididi in the first two games is equally baffling. But there's certainly some fight there and the players seem up for it. But I can't foresee where the next win is coming from if we set up like this.

I agree with others that this can be a bit like an echo chamber but people need to realise why that is - it's not because people just don't like Cooper, it's because this club is in serious existential danger if we don't stay up this season.

Cooper needs to pull his finger out or it will get seriously toxic by the end of September.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Viva said:

This place is getting too much! I'd be embarrassed if any other clubs fans were looking at this. Far too much ridiculous anger. 

Always been convinced the majority are not Leicester fans 😄

• Like 1

I think we've been ok so far. The two home games have been against teams who will be in and around top 6 this season so the plan was to soak up pressure and then throw everything at them later on.

There are questions about his away record and some of the players he is leaving out, but it's early days.

Settled squad now with the window closed, and a kinder run of fixtures upcoming. That will be the true test.

Some of the reactions to this performance from people on here are simply embarrassing. That was, in the most part, a full blooded performance against a champions league side. Feel so much more positive about the season after watching that. If you don’t feel the same I feel sorry for you

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Bunchy the cat said:

Some of the reactions to this performance from people on here are simply embarrassing. That was, in the most part, a full blooded performance against a champions league side. Feel so much more positive about the season after watching that. If you don’t feel the same I feel sorry for you

It's embarrassing that people dare disagree with you?

• Like 1

Also I think it would have been terrible if we'd taken a couple of heavy beatings early doors. I think he has been very cautious but maybe wanted to preserve some confidence early on against some very tough opponents.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

it's not the forest connection at all and it's honestly childish to pretend critics of him are just doing so because he's ex-Forest, but since we're talking about his connections to forest, his team there were the same kinds of awful as we're seeing, with the hyper negative tactics and a "just don't get beat by too much" approach. that for me does buy him less time but it's not specifically because he's ex Forest, he could have done that at Bournemouth, Everton or any other club and I'd be saying the same, because it's not the case of a foreign coach coming to the division and learning how these sides play and how to adapt his tactics, it's that he is tactically out of his depth and these first three games show he's learnt nothing in his time out, because he's making the exact same errors he did at forest

Sorry was not trying to suggest that’s the only place this is where the dislike originates from. I realise we see different things, and tactically today we were clearly seeming to stifle them and then breaking when we have won possession, this only really likely to bear fruit when you move at pace and have a provider to thread the passes.

We started without such a player and focused instead on damage prevention which is tedious, but I see the why. Then they scored. lol.

For me he should have two weeks to work with the complete squad (excluding internationals)  during the international break and then we should expect improvements from an attacking perspective as there is much scope to do so. On the flip side I have concerns that we will not improve much defensively from here.

I'll assess after 10 games - I know some will feel that's too long. Hopefully he can work with the squad (depending on how many are not on international duty) over the next 14 days and results in fixtures that will determine our fate (excluding Arsenal) in the coming weeks will see an upturn in our fortunes. If you sack him now, it's unlikely the club will have anyone lined up (as per usual) and more importantly no one is available (and don't suggest Potter cos he's not coming) therefore the next 2 weeks will a wasted opportunity. 

Even after 10 games if things are going pear shaped we may not be able to afford to release him of his duties.

10 minutes ago, winteriscoming said:

Reminds me of Southgate at the euro’s. More reactive than being proactive tactically. 
He sets up not to lose rather going out to win matches. 

100% this

1 minute ago, Strokes said:

The last time a Leicester manager failed to win any of his opening 3 games?

Paulo Sousa.

I wonder if he will get as many games as he did?

I did message my friends during the game that I think if we continue losing he will get 7-8 games and will be gone. The fans are turning faster than milk. 

• Like 1