Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Cooper - OUT

9 minutes ago, winteriscoming said:

I just think any half decent manager which clearly Cooper isn’t would have us comfortably finish between 12th and 15th. The longer he’s here like Rodgers was the more likely we are to go down. 

I just can’t see that. One proven striker who is 37, little creativity in midfield and a slow defence surely can’t get you to 12th.

• Like 1

Not gonna sack him anytime soon when we commit so heavily to what the manager wants in our transfer activity. Also 3 from 5 with only losing 2 isn't too shabby. 

Performances themselves cause a lot of concern, but I think he's around for at least another 5. The Bournemouth, Southampton, Forest run will determine the outcome.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, kingpower said:

Funny how some on here think he’ll be gone at the next International break if results/performances continue.

Top and Rudkin haven’t got the bollox to do it, that was clear under Bodgers for so many months. 

Expect a panic sacking when it’s all too late 

Puel proves that wrong.

Rodgers had credit in the bank from previous seasons. Cooper won't make Christmas if we're anywhere near the bottom 3

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bilo said:

The board need to ask themselves the following questions.

Are the results satisfactory?

Are the performances satisfactory?

Do the results show any signs of improvement?

Is the style of football what the club wish to pursue in the medium to long-term?

Has the coach showed any signs of learning or developing in his career up to this point?

Do we have faith in the manager to achieve the season's objectives?

Are the fans satisfied with the season so far?

If the answer to all of the above is 'no,' is it in the club's interests to keep the coach in post until the end of the season?

And if the answer to the final question is also no, one final question remains.

If not now, then when? 

When in reality the board are asking,

How can we sugar coat this when we go down?

If we manage to shithouse a few points from crap teams will we be OK?

If we keep the goals against column  tight can we wing it?

How the **** do we cover the fact we have been pushing possession based managers and now have this clueless muppet ?

How can we make an excuse for not getting rid of someone completely  useless?

When the manager takes us down,  how can we cover up our own complete incompetence?

How many free shit beers and mince pies will it take for our fans to completely  ignore the fact the club's ran by twats?

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, fox in the sox said:

I just can’t see that. One proven striker who is 37, little creativity in midfield and a slow defence surely can’t get you to 12th.

Exactly this, we have a new manager, new squad, in the premier league and have lost 2 games in the first 5 and people want Cooper out already. heaven help us

22 minutes ago, trooky said:

Horrendous, horrible manager. 

How have we gone from Enzo, who was an exciting managerial appointment, to this boring fool.

Although I was for Enzo and thought the team did well to carve open the midfields of most last season which didn’t impress some, I wonder their thoughts tonight after wanting Enzo gone to now watching this? Is anyone who wanted Enzo out willing to share their views? I won’t bet on it 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, iancognito said:

Puel proves that wrong.

Rodgers had credit in the bank from previous seasons. Cooper won't make Christmas if we're anywhere near the bottom 3

Puel took over months after our period as reigning champions came to an end.

That's very different to someone who takes over a newly-promoted side.

1 hour ago, whoareyaaa said:

It's another disaster from the board along with letting him sign players.. this club is walking joke.

20 games without a win and it doesn't look like changing 

Yep, then we move onto the next manager in 3ish months and he won't want half the players we've signed like Ayew or BDR.

Had enough of this board and owner, no-one has a clue.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, iancognito said:

Puel proves that wrong.

If he's still here at Christmas we'll already be down, no chance a new manager can get enough points from just 19 or so games to keep us up, as Cooper will leave us chasing the pack.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Claridge said:

Exactly this, we have a new manager, new squad, in the premier league and have lost 2 games in the first 5 and people want Cooper out already. heaven help us

Equates to about 22 points a season at this rate, and there are harder games coming and the confidence from last season will soon be a distant memory 

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Claridge said:

Context rarely matters these days, especially within our fanbase. When we were finishing 5th, it wasn't good enough. 

When we were top of the Championship under Enzo, for many, it wasn't good enough. 

I say this as someone who will likely only give Cooper 4-5 more games too, as I am not impressed so far. 

However, we cannot sack Managers after 5 games OR 1-2 has some called for. 

He must be given 10-15 games, (10 now for me) before we can seriously expect him to be sacked. 

This squad is capable of finishing 15th-17th, and anyone who suggests higher, is likely wearing a strong blue tint in their glasses. 

19 minutes ago, Safestandingfox said:

Managed to watch majority of the lunchtime kick off, and saw a team in chelsea, much like we were last season, well coached, clear idea of how they wanted to play, players obviously buying into being taught by a coach who actually is at an elite, premier league level. 

You're in the top 20 in the country, in arguably the best league in the world, the appointment of a man with a 39% win percentage at Forest is not that of a club who realise they are sat at the top 20 table. 

To Present today's turn out against what will likely be a bottom 6 rival, is quite frankly embarrassing. It comes across tactically clueless and generally inept across the board. At the most basic level, you'd put your young, hotshot winger against an aging Ashley Young, you'd likely not give bilal his first start against a team you'd like to think you had expectations of having a real go at. You might even start with edouard to give the 2 centre backs a physical presence to deal with. 

Coopers done absolutely none of it, because he's out of his depth, plain and simple. Still trading off an England youth tournament win when the squad was quite obviously elite and out of sight for the age group they were in. 

TLDR; clueless cooper has to go

This is spot on. He so, so shit it's unbelievable.

This is the issue. The people who employed him made ANOTHER blonder. How many times does this keep happening. Getting Enzo was a breath of fresh air, losing wasn't their fault, but they just keep making too many mistakes. Enough is enough. The club needs a change in the structure of the running of the club

• Like 1

What are the tactics?  Does anyone know? Just awful I knew it would be but thought the Cooper lovers must have seen something.

I side with no identity, after last year a philosophy, just nothing, can't even say we outbattled them. We seem to be getting worse. 

I'd get Moyes on the phone before it's too late. West Ham is freefall without him. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, fox_favourite said:

This is the issue. The people who employed him made ANOTHER blonder. How many times does this keep happening. Getting Enzo was a breath of fresh air, losing wasn't their fault, but they just keep making too many mistakes. Enough is enough. The club needs a change in the structure of the running of the club

Who was the last poor appointment before Cooper?