Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Cooper - OUT

It's far far far far far far far to soon to be hoping that Cooper gets sacked. Part of the cynical side of me thinks some people weren't having him from the off because of his connections with that lot down the road. I agree that the football so far is not particularly fluid or pretty but then last season when we were passing teams to death people weren't happy... perhaps some people are never happy?

We have to accept that realistically he's not going anywhere anytime soon otherwise it's like the board admitting they got the appointment wrong from day one and they won't want that egg on their faces.

Whilst he's here we have to get behind the team and stick together. Writing him off now is gonna do us know good whatsoever. Let the results and performances decide his fate but at least give him a chance to work things out.

• Like 1

I want him gone but sadly I can’t seeing him going any time soon. Reality is we signed him simply because he was ‘free’ and we didn’t have to pay any compensation to another club. Sacking him is an admission that they went for the third choice cheapest option and it hasn’t worked. If they sack him now there would have to be some accountability for his hiring from higher up in the organisation but that will never happen. I reckon we’re stuck with him for a few more months. 

• Like 1

Didn’t feel like posting again straight after the match, yet again I just couldn’t be arsed. I haven’t felt this miserable about Leicester City in a long time, even when we got relegated in 22/23 I didn’t feel as disconnected as I feel now. 

I was willing to give Cooper a chance in the hope that his experience with youth would be a key factor in his management, so far that looks to be a complete myth and it’s very disappointing to see. 

The most frustrating and sad thing though is this hasn’t occurred in recent games, his decision making has pissed me off pretty much from the first game of pre season, so far it’s continued into the regular season and it’s baffling, every week with team selection then his substitutes, I’m past the point of anger with his decision making, I’m just left shrugging my shoulders as it’s a case of “Here we go again”. 

With some decent fixtures coming up I hope we can turn a corner, on today’s evidence though you’re just left wondering where our first league win will actually come from. 

If we can’t get a couple of wins from Bournemouth, Forest, Ipswich and Southampton then he needs the sack. 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, kingfox said:

With some decent fixtures coming up I hope we can turn a corner, on today’s evidence though you’re just left wondering where our first league win will actually come from. 

If we can’t get a couple of wins from Bournemouth, Forest, Ipswich and Southampton then he needs the sack. 

With Steve on charge, I don't feel confident in getting more than draws in 2 of those fixtures. And those draws would be player made, not coaching/ managerial generated. He needs gone

Edited by CPepFox

Just seen on the lcfc insta story that he’s had words printed out on little posters for the players with superlatives about their game. James Justin’s are ****ing hilarious.

This guy is poundshop Brendan 

4 hours ago, FOXSE said:

Whilst I get this to a degree, what manager in their right mind, or of decent quality, would you attract if they see a newly promoted team sack their manager after 5 games when they aren't even in the relegation zone?

I don't see Bournemouth being treated as some basket case club for sacking Parker early. They acted and they're now a better team than us - an absolutely unthinkable prospect just two years ago.

Things change quickly in football. Not here anymore though. We're on a downward trajectory under these total cretins.

• Like 2

Our team seems avoid of any attacking sence, we pick the ball up just out side our box no Everton player within 35 metres so what do we do , stop push it across to a bloke who has a player 5 metres in front of him . 
but coopers biggest crap is his lack of subs , he waits till the last 6-7 minutes, how the he’ll is a player going to get up to speed , the manager has no clue , our 1st half’s are terrible and the second half’s aren’t getting any better , TIME to go 

1 hour ago, Dan LCFC said:

Our conformity is going to be what relegates us. We're going to let him blow half a season here and we're simply not going to have the quality to get out of it this time. 2023 was infuriating because we actually did have the quality to get out of it yet persisted with the obviously finished Rodgers regime. I think we can actually stay up but it isn't a given and each game we waste on Cooper is just hurting our slimmer than last time chances of being able to get out of it.

We're obsessed with reputation and image. We don't want to do what's actually the right thing because it might upset the orthodoxy. It's this stupidity that plagues this club, it did it two years ago and it will do it here.

Cooper hasn't won in 20 Premier League games. I never wanted him so I don't class this as being reactionary - I didn't just decide I wanted him because we'd gone for it. I wasn't going to call for his head from day one, but it was never going to take a lot to convince me that we need somebody else. He's exactly the same manager he was at Forest - without the feel-good factor and camaraderie generated by being the man who ended 23 years outside of the top flight. **** me, that very thing works against him here if anything. Cooper was the best thing they'd had in a ridiculously long period of time. They were always going to grant him more leeway than they should've done. We've seen substantially better very recently. We're not getting a points deduction. We don't have to settle for this.

I've had my expectations in this club and those running it lowered to a point I just can't even get particularly emotionally invested or angry anymore because I think the anger can only last so long. When it keeps happening you just expect it. It doesn't catch you by surprise. Nothing that happens this season can anger me more than two years ago. But I'm really fed up of feeling like this as well. I have no hard feelings with Cooper, it's not even the Forest thing for me, he's just bad. People would quickly overlook the Forest thing if he was good. But he isn't. He's really, really bad.

An Everton team in complete turmoil, on the floor, with James Garner and Ashley Young as their full backs and he still can't bring himself to play two attacking wingers. It's as there for the taking as a game can be at this level and I'd say over the 90 we were probably second best if either of us were. If you can't beat this Everton side, who honestly are you going to beat? I fully expect us to go and draw at Southampton in a few weeks as well.

Just end this nonsense and pretend it never happened. We're better than this. But then I really do wonder are we.

Thank you! Agreed! At least with most. Inebriation has maybe caused me to forget early part of logic; but it seemed right. And I know I agree he must go

2 hours ago, KFS said:

Just seen on the lcfc insta story that he’s had words printed out on little posters for the players with superlatives about their game. James Justin’s are ****ing hilarious.

This guy is poundshop Brendan 

IMG_2506.jpeg

1 hour ago, Dan LCFC said:

Our conformity is going to be what relegates us. We're going to let him blow half a season here and we're simply not going to have the quality to get out of it this time. 2023 was infuriating because we actually did have the quality to get out of it yet persisted with the obviously finished Rodgers regime. I think we can actually stay up but it isn't a given and each game we waste on Cooper is just hurting our slimmer than last time chances of being able to get out of it.

We're obsessed with reputation and image. We don't want to do what's actually the right thing because it might upset the orthodoxy. It's this stupidity that plagues this club, it did it two years ago and it will do it here.

Cooper hasn't won in 20 Premier League games. I never wanted him so I don't class this as being reactionary - I didn't just decide I wanted him because we'd gone for it. I wasn't going to call for his head from day one, but it was never going to take a lot to convince me that we need somebody else. He's exactly the same manager he was at Forest - without the feel-good factor and camaraderie generated by being the man who ended 23 years outside of the top flight. **** me, that very thing works against him here if anything. Cooper was the best thing they'd had in a ridiculously long period of time. They were always going to grant him more leeway than they should've done. We've seen substantially better very recently. We're not getting a points deduction. We don't have to settle for this.

I've had my expectations in this club and those running it lowered to a point I just can't even get particularly emotionally invested or angry anymore because I think the anger can only last so long. When it keeps happening you just expect it. It doesn't catch you by surprise. Nothing that happens this season can anger me more than two years ago. But I'm really fed up of feeling like this as well. I have no hard feelings with Cooper, it's not even the Forest thing for me, he's just bad. People would quickly overlook the Forest thing if he was good. But he isn't. He's really, really bad.

An Everton team in complete turmoil, on the floor, with James Garner and Ashley Young as their full backs and he still can't bring himself to play two attacking wingers. It's as there for the taking as a game can be at this level and I'd say over the 90 we were probably second best if either of us were. If you can't beat this Everton side, who honestly are you going to beat? I fully expect us to go and draw at Southampton in a few weeks as well.

Just end this nonsense and pretend it never happened. We're better than this. But then I really do wonder are we.

This is spot on. 

I’d also say that in a normal job you have a period of probation.

If it isn’t working within 3 months, you move on, no hard feelings. This isn’t that different other than a few million pound settlement.

I wonder if we had known that we wouldn't get a points deduction, whether we would have still gone for such an inept, unambitious managerial signing. It was almost a case of get anyone that's not too expensive and that is happy to pick up the potential posion chalice of guaranteed relegation. Unfortunately Cooper won the prize. Now we find ourselves with a good squad, an equal chance of staying up, but a manager that isn't even remotely good enough for the Prem.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, CosbehFox said:

Again I can think of examples where clubs are in decent positions but there is evidence that a change is needed with the existing squad. The players don’t look in it and this is where a higher footballing hierarchy really end their dollar by being responsible enough to make this call 

Bournemouth’s swap for O’Neil to Ir

Some of the responses on this thread are worth of a psychology PhD dissertation. Amazing stuff.

As a Forest fan, I'm somewhat bemused by the reactions to Cooper on here at this stage of the season.
Obviously for quite a lot of you lot, Steve was up against it from being appointed, given where his last appointment was. It's not really unlike when Billy Davies came to us after leaving Derby.

We're five games into the season, you're the best performing promoted side of the three and there are five other teams right now that are as bad, if not worse. You've not been embarrassed in any of the games you've played so far either, despite not really being able to meaningfully reinforce in the summer.

That said, a lot of the complaints you have about Steve began to seep in towards the end of his time with us, so it might actually be that he's just not cut out to be a Premierleague manager. He had a hell of a lot of credit in the bank with us as fans and there was a real togetherness for us but he was also backed to the hilt by the owner too. I think he must have dodged the sack, like four times. When you battered us 4-0, Villa away, Leeds away and then last season, Fulham away.

Southampton are hopeless and I don't think Ipswich have enough quality to stay up. It's quite possibly we'll be involved in the relegation conversation come May when our current bubble bursts but you are down there battling with Wolves and Everton who are bleeding goals, Palace can't find a win, two promoted teams that you won't finish under either.

Friday 25th of October will be interesting between our two clubs. I think Steve makes it that long no matter what, because sacking a manager after 5-7 games just reflects badly on the ownership's decisions. That said, you could get something from Bournemouth, Southampton and us, but if you're still struggling and we beat you away then you'd imagine that would be a bridge too far.

9 hours ago, BillyFOX12 said:

I was just wondering, who’d do a better job managing us - Steve Cooper or my dog, who just laid a freshly steaming shite? Tough call, but at least one of them knows how to produce results.

And your dog is presumably familiar with winalot!

• Haha 1