Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Cooper - OUT

If Top had any sense he would have hired Potter and sacked Rudkin and brought in someone more competent as a DOF, Cooper was a cack choice a really crap choice, there is no denying that. He needs to be sacked ASAP! Do not let him manage anymore games.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, MattFox said:

Why?

He’s got no tactics, no presence, no confidence 

Whats another 5 games going to achieve 

Theirs no time to work things out 

It’s not too early to hope, but King Power do not roll that way, so it’s to early to expect.

2 hours ago, Sly said:

IMG_2506.jpeg

My brain can’t quite work out whether to laugh at those words (like Justin himself appears to be doing in the pic) or just shake my head in utter disbelief.

If it’s supposed to be motivational, which presumably is the case (because it’s hardly biographical), then it clearly isn’t working.

Is there one for Cooper? I’d love to see that. Or maybe we fans could make up our own. Any suggestions?

6 hours ago, Daggers said:

You can't reason with the idiots with facts and stats, stop trying. They'll come back at you with Brexity 'believe harder", "clap clappers moar", "stop hitting me in the face with reality I don't like".

The only way is to insult their stupidity and mock their "give him more time" nonsense.

This is Brenda T-18months. Eventually they all come round to know it.

Maybe your generally sneering attitude isn't very persuasive?

7 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Even if we appointed Moyes, we would immediately be a better team….. this guy is as bad as Sousa was……….

I think it’s now 18 PL games where Cooper hasn’t got a win. Yes 13 of those he had different players at another club, but it’s also a clear pattern that should be pretty alarming. It’s nearly half a season! 

• Like 3

We have to see the warning signs much earlier and make quick decisive decisions. 

Rodgers had down tools and should certainly have gone no later than 4th Set after that Brighton debacle. 

Cooper (nice bloke) is clearly out of his depth and unable to make clear logical decisions on team selection, tactics, substitutions, game management etc 

An aspiring club has to have an aspiring manager and Cooper is mid table Championship at the very best. 

Get rid ASAP and get Potter if at all possible or possibly Moyes.  

5 minutes ago, fox_favourite said:

He has no tactical awareness, he makes the most basic subs, he doesn't know how to change a game and doesn't see weak points in the opposition. There isnt a pattern of play that shows he's not a strong coach. This is all evident in our games. Players getting in the way of each other stray balls to no one. Always hitting long hopeful diagonal balls.

Absolutely this. We have no clear identity - it’s all very functional - and no clear patterns of play. And you haven’t mentioned the hopeful lumps down the channel that the full back easily intercepts. I was really looking forward to seeing one of our creative players pin point a 40 year old Ashley Young yesterday. I bet Young wouldn’t have faired very well with the chaos and flair that Fatawu brings - but of oh no he faced Ayew for 90+ mins 🤣 you can’t make it up.

The more you think about it and dissect it the angrier you get 😡 

20 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Even if we appointed Moyes, we would immediately be a better team….. this guy is as bad as Sousa was……….

Everton will appoint Moyes and get it done asap, we will be so far behind, even the likes of Wolves / Southampton will make better managerial changes than we do and will be above us in no time. If we are serious about staying up we will sack Cooper but the board will not do anything at all.

11 hours ago, iancognito said:

Puel proves that wrong.

Rodgers had credit in the bank from previous seasons. Cooper won't make Christmas if we're anywhere near the bottom 3

The difference is that back then there was a group of senior players, Wes, Kasper etc who Top listened to when things were going wrong but I don’t see that strength of leadership now with the possible exception of Vards.

I’m not saying that was always a good thing because some have said that Kasper particularly had too much influence but it is the reality and is one of the reasons why we are likely to be stuck with the useless gimp until midway through the season at least.

One thing I did notice and apologies if it’s already been mentioned. But when you looked towards the technical areas yesterday a lot of the time, you had Dyche who was hands cupped to mouth bellowing instructions then doing his best canoeing impressions. Then cooper just stands there with his arms folded. Just seems zero about him :blink:

2 minutes ago, MS0204 said:

One thing I did notice and apologies if it’s already been mentioned. But when you looked towards the technical areas yesterday a lot of the time, you had Dyche who was hands cupped to mouth bellowing instructions then doing his best canoeing impressions. Then cooper just stands there with his arms folded. Just seems zero about him :blink:

The players barely ever went near him during intervals in play for instruction either, very odd.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, MS0204 said:

I agree, it's like he's zoned out, perhaps he's just trying to look cool but managers should show some interest and emotion surely!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

The players barely ever went near him during intervals in play for instruction either, very odd.

Even the subs warming up just seem to go up towards the corner flag now and stand around not doing much. It's like they're all actively avoiding him.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Happy Fox said:

If Top had any sense he would have hired Potter and sacked Rudkin and brought in someone more competent as a DOF, Cooper was a cack choice a really crap choice, there is no denying that. He needs to be sacked ASAP! Do not let him manage anymore games.

Personally agree with the statements that I think a number of targets may have been stalling due to the points deduction hanging over us however I am not a big believer in changing your manager a la Watford but I would make an exception here.

this squad is competitive although it will need a really good tactical leader as defensively we are limited with no natural left back, maybe two decent centre half’s and a midfield that needs a plan.

Cooper looks and sounds clueless but worse for me is the players look a rabble with no plan and a lack of any direction.

A brave board would step forward and make a really tough decision but I would not go anywhere near Potter but Moyes would keep this squad in the division but points now are critical to get a start as some of the other teams we will be competing with for survival have not started well either !

• Like 1

I think if he doesn’t beat Bournemouth he will be gone.
The Walsall game doesn’t matter and the Arsenal game is almost certainly going to be a loss anyway. Bournemouth will be his last chance - international break after it as well.

Wanted it to work out for him but does look like the writing is on the wall.

6 hours ago, KFS said:

Just seen on the lcfc insta story that he’s had words printed out on little posters for the players with superlatives about their game. James Justin’s are ****ing hilarious.

This guy is poundshop Brendan 

Martin Allen vibes. Painful how out of his depth he is, he thinks hes managing Stevenage.

• Like 1