Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Cooper - OUT

2 hours ago, Fox85 said:

I would like to see a poll and see what the outcome of that poll would be on those who think he is the man to stay in charge or to sack immediately.

To give you a clue, the Enzo out poll was roughly 75-25 in favour of sacking him when we were 5 points clear. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, winteriscoming said:

I hate this thought process that we should accept the points we’ve got so far and be happy we’re atm not in the bottom 3. We will be the longer Cooper stays. It begs the question if we’re ok with not being able to beat Fulham, Palace or Everton who are we going to get wins against?? Guarantee we’ll soon be saying well at least we’re not bottom when we’re 3rd or 2nd from bottom. 

Remember where we came from, accept under performance, just be pleased to be part of it. Under no circumstances should you demand or expect any more.

Happy clapper brigade who have played their own part in the fall over the last few years 👍

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Pliskin said:

The simple facts are the longer Cooper stays, the worse we will get. It was a horrendous appointment and the board just need to admit they’ve got it wrong and get rid ASAP. If you want pragmatic you go for Moyes. If you want to try and go back in the direction of early Todgers and Enzo, you try for Potter or Corberan…… There are much better options out there than this clown. Moyes would be my option, despite people not wanting him, he is a billion times the coach Cooper will ever be, and he would probably guarantee comfortable safety.

I wouldn't give Potter a 2nd Chance, as at a guess he binned us off possibly due to the then expected points deduction ( obviously doesn't back  his own management skills then) and to save his reputed bumper severance package from Chelsea, plus I think his style touches on Southgate's, so whilst we would have a plan and an identity I think we would be flat and unexciting to watch. 

The one thing I do give Cooper some kudos for us accepting the job knowing the possibility of points being docked.

I've given him the chance I asked others to do when appointed, and I'm sorry but he just doesn't cut it for me with his defensive, negative, 'scaredy cat' football.

The club IMO took the free option, when they should have spent some of Marasca's compo money of getting Corberan..

1 minute ago, Guppys Love Child said:

I wouldn't give Potter a 2nd Chance, as at a guess he binned us off possibly due to the then expected points deduction ( obviously doesn't back  his own management skills then) and to save his reputed bumper severance package from Chelsea, plus I think his style touches on Southgate's, so whilst we would have a plan and an identity I think we would be flat and unexciting to watch. 

The one thing I do give Cooper some kudos for us accepting the job knowing the possibility of points being docked.

I've given him the chance I asked others to do when appointed, and I'm sorry but he just doesn't cut it for me with his defensive, negative, 'scaredy cat' football.

The club IMO took the free option, when they should have spent some of Marasca's compo money of getting Corberan..

Potter didn’t bin us off. We didn’t agree to pay to release the team he wanted from their current contracts with their respective clubs. So because of this he didn’t want to take the job, which is fair enough. 

Cooper was appointed because it financially was the best option, because we were not sure what was going to happen re PRS. Potter wanted the job, we couldn’t make it happen for the reasons above. 

Potter is far superior to Cooper, and if we were to sack Cooper and get Potter it would be a monumental coup…. Some will try and suggest he isn’t very good, but he will end up with a decent job and is well respected in the game. 

Now that the PRS isn’t an issue this season, it may well be the club act quicker than we expect. 

40 minutes ago, Muzzy_no7 said:

Because last time we waited WAY too long.

It’s so obvious this plonker is holding us back. The squad is more than good enough to be finishing 12th-15th. 

We are playing scared football. 

Waiting to long is the boards decision, their perogative to sack Coops, it ain't gonna happen after 5 games. But I agree our squad as a whole has a lot of Prem experience. 

There is no excuse for teams like Wolves and Everton to be struggling, but don't forget that our squad is adjusting to a new style of play and a new manager needs more than 5 games. 

Genuinely see no reason to swap Mavi for Fatawu in the last 10 mins though.

3 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Potter didn’t bin us off. We didn’t agree to pay to release the team he wanted from their current contracts with their respective clubs. So because of this he didn’t want to take the job, which is fair enough. 

Cooper was appointed because it financially was the best option, because we were not sure what was going to happen re PRS. Potter wanted the job, we couldn’t make it happen for the reasons above. 

Potter is far superior to Cooper, and if we were to sack Cooper and get Potter it would be a monumental coup…. Some will try and suggest he isn’t very good, but he will end up with a decent job and is well respected in the game. 

Now that the PRS isn’t an issue this season, it may well be the club act quicker than we expect. 

Thanks for clearing up the Potter release part, I wasn't aware of the true facts 👍

I agree he is a far superior manager to Cooper, and certainly get far more out of this squad.

I still have reservations about the entertainment factor and  drab style of play... But hey, I guess the priority at the moment is 17th or better.

11 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Potter would be perfect

12 minutes ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

People think Forest fans worship him, but a fair few bemoaned his negative tactics… 🤔 

When he took over at Forest they were heading fast towards Division 1 but he got them promoted instead and kept them in the Prem despite a batshít crazy owner.

Most of the Forest fans I know are very grateful for everything he did for them but recognised that it was time to move on because he had run out of ideas.

• Like 1

Just now, Guppys Love Child said:

Thanks for clearing up the Potter release part, I wasn't aware of the true facts 👍

I agree he is a far superior manager to Cooper, and certainly get far more out of this squad.

I still have reservations about the entertainment factor and  drab style of play... But hey, I guess the priority at the moment is 17th or better.

I agree Potter is likely to be fairly dull, but I think he is capable of building a side that will comfortably stay up. I also think he’s more aligned to Enzo, and I think the players would respond to that… however, it wouldn’t surprise me if he wants another job now. So, I would probably think about Moyes….. just because he is likely to keep us up! 

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

I agree Potter is likely to be fairly dull, but I think he is capable of building a side that will comfortably stay up. I also think he’s more aligned to Enzo, and I think the players would respond to that… however, it wouldn’t surprise me if he wants another job now. So, I would probably think about Moyes….. just because he is likely to keep us up! 

Moyes wouldn't be much different to what we are seeing now

37 minutes ago, Iwebema said:

Remember where we came from, accept under performance, just be pleased to be part of it. Under no circumstances should you demand or expect any more.

Happy clapper brigade who have played their own part in the fall over the last few years 👍

Think I favour the middle ground. lol

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

If Cooper goes soon. It will be Moyes. 

Not who I want, but club will want survival over style for now. 

Would be fine with that. 

edit Thinkkng about this, there would be some gorgeous symmetry in the idea that Wee Davey could keep us up and send Everton down

Edited by Dahnsouff
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

So only about 25% on here know anything about Football. 

Sounds about right, and the 75% were convinced Enzo would fail at Chelsea to justify their hatred of him.

• Like 2

He isn't used to winning games, either. 12 in 60 league games now. It must affect confidence and decision making.

Those two matches at Saints and Ipswich are huge given our run of matches after that until the FA Cup 3rd round, pretty much. And his away record is awful. 

I don't think his previous connection is important. His previous and current record is.

30 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

In what world does unrealistic expectations make you some sort of weird super fan?

Miracles come from unrealistic expectation do you forget the team with our target in the 2013/2014 season and was the PML champion in 2015/2016?

Edited by footballfox