Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Cooper - OUT

2 hours ago, NotTheMarketLeader said:

Who says this ?

Have they really learned anything ? 

If they had learnt anything Cooper would not have been recruited, or he would now be out of the job. 

1 hour ago, FrankieADZ said:

sadly i think he'll be here till at least after the international break

and i doubt the club has learnt, as they wouldnt have appointed Cooper in the first place

I doubt very much cooper was first or second choice target.

I would bet we sounded out a lot of higher profile/better managers. But the situation the club had put itself in they refused to even talk to us.

This whole shitshow is down to the directors miss management and plain stupidity on there behalf. They have screwed it up over the last 3/4yrs.

As much as I want him gone and never here in the first place. It's far from his fault.

We've been well and truly butt fvcked by miss management at the top and by Top.

We still don't know if we broke psr last season. Even if we didn't we still have the 3yr rolling figure that will still get us before the end of the season. Until our finances are compliant I don't see us getting much better.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

Assuming this quote is real and reading between the lines a lot of what Cooper says reeks of ‘please don’t sack me’…

I would like to think we are sounding out higher profile out of work managers already. If we pull the trigger first we could end up in a worse position than we are in now.

11 minutes ago, sylofox said:

I would like to think we are sounding out higher profile out of work managers already. If we pull the trigger first we could end up in a worse position than we are in now.

I’ve fallen into the trap of thinking this a few times now.

Experience tells me that when the Board do sack, they will be taken completely by surprise and will commence the new manager search a week or two afterwards (when diaries allow)

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

This definitely feels like they realise they've cocked up and if we're seeing a manager justify his position, this early, then decision has probably already been made.

He wasn't first, second or even third choice. He came because nobody else would. Now we've got wiggle room, he's no longer needed.

On one hand, I feel bad for him but he's also had the tools to do a better job. 2 points so far when we could reasonably be expected to be on at least 5.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, fox_up_north said:

This definitely feels like they realise they've cocked up and if we're seeing a manager justify his position, this early, then decision has probably already been made.

He wasn't first, second or even third choice. He came because nobody else would. Now we've got wiggle room, he's no longer needed.

On one hand, I feel bad for him but he's also had the tools to do a better job. 2 points so far when we could reasonably be expected to be on at least 5.

We're on 3 points 

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, 5waller5 said:

I’ve fallen into the trap of thinking this a few times now.

Experience tells me that when the Board do sack, they will be taken completely by surprise and will commence the new manager search a week or two afterwards (when diaries allow)

Brendan Rodgers was appointed five days after Claude Puel was sacked. Rodgers later revealed that he'd agreed to join us before they gave Puel the boot.

Edited by ClaphamFox
  • Like 2

42 minutes ago, fox_up_north said:

errrrrrrr I am sure it's 3?

1 hour ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

Assuming this quote is real and reading between the lines a lot of what Cooper says reeks of ‘please don’t sack me’…

Short of coming out and saying 'please sack me', you could interpret anything he said as being 'please don't sack me'. Or anything any other manager has ever said in any press conference. 

I get people don't like him but it gets to the point where people start picking up on anything just to get at him. I thought he came across OK in this press conference, much better than the week before. 

• Like 1

Wants to play exciting attacking football but sets up so negatively? The guy doesn’t know what he’s doing.

• Like 2

I want to have a relationship with Michelle Keegan, create memories and make beautiful babies. There’s loads of things I'm working on, it’s a challenging job. One I’m committed to.

• Haha 2