Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Cooper - OUT

2 minutes ago, Walshy5 said:

1) Is it really bad that part of me wants us to get a proper good hiding today in hope that 2) it'll speed up Coopers sacking?

1) It's not.

2) It won't.

4 minutes ago, Walshy5 said:

Is it really bad that part of me wants us to get a proper good hiding today in hope that it'll speed up Coopers sacking?

The best scenario is that Cooper stumbles across (forced into)  his best side and best players and we get something out the game

Worst case is we get something out the game but with Soumare, BdcR, Ayew and Eduard all on the pitch 😭

Edited by Paninistickers
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, SpacedX said:

Do we have any linguists, philologists or even cryptanalysts on this forum? Tenth time of reading this and I'm still struggling to decipher it. Perhaps it's some avant garde or unusual poetic form? 

If you manage to decode this, it could be the tactical breakthrough we need to push us for those European places.

21 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

Our crowd is 90% bonehead, yet even they knew Stephy is just about our best player. 

I find it almost unbelievable (in the truest sense of the word) that Cooper felt initially that BdcR was the better player. It's borderline lunacy that the manager can't work that out. 

The add on to that odd decisions to drop/rotate Fatawu, Skipp and sidelining Vesty, Ricky, McAteer

Even worse than that.  How he ever thought that VK would do better on the wing than Stephy.

Then when you cross over to JJ on the right, He's had no defensive support from whoever was supposed to be playing on the right.

Is it any wonder we have been conceding Goals while depending on set pieces and living off scraps up top.

The biggest problem with Cooper is the fact he is continually making poor managerial calls. 

They’re not just minor calls either, they are calls that are costing us points. Spurs aside, every other game we’ve been the makers of our own downfall (Cooper has more precisely)…. His inability to set the team up properly is the reason we’re sat with no wins, the argument of us not having sufficient premier league quality is one I don’t agree with. I think we’ve shown enough to prove the squad is capable, it’s being mismanaged. 

The decision to continually play the likes of Ayew, who is completely ineffective…. And JJ who has been absolute garbage is simply ridiculous. This has been a constant theme so far throughout Coopers reign, poor tactical decision making and inability to get the balance right will just see us continue to flounder. 

He has set his stall out, and I can’t imagine he will change…. The aim can’t be to ‘just survive’ as that could easily backfire, when I believe that we have demonstrated that this squad is actually good enough to aim to finish slightly higher in the table. 

We need the manager to be braver in their decision making, and make better decisions which maximise the ability in the squad. We can’t be as drab as we were against Everton, and then have players come out and say “we weren’t up for the fight”, I don’t think some quite grasp the significance of that comment. For me, Everton was the final straw, anything else now will just be prolonging the inevitable. 

1 hour ago, Walshy5 said:

Is it really bad that part of me wants us to get a proper good hiding today in hope that it'll speed up Coopers sacking?

It’s sad it’s come to that, I’m sure you’re not the only one feeling like that. 

As much as I’d like to see him gone the board won’t act yet.

2 hours ago, Paninistickers said:

Our crowd is 90% bonehead, yet even they knew Stephy is just about our best player. 

I find it almost unbelievable (in the truest sense of the word) that Cooper felt initially that BdcR was the better player. It's borderline lunacy that the manager can't work that out. 

The add on to that odd decisions to drop/rotate Fatawu, Skipp and sidelining Vesty, Ricky, McAteer

You had me until you said McAteer lol

2 hours ago, Walshy5 said:

We have no chance today. So instead of a 2-1 loss I'd take an 8-0 hiding as it WILL be tougher to stomach for fans and the board.

13 minutes ago, justfoxes said:

No one else wanted to come because of the pending now Quashed PSR Bull💩he was the only one who would come !!

I wouldn’t waste your time. People on here are too stupid to realise this and would rather push another angle to have a go at Rudkin and co.

2 minutes ago, shen said:

We have no chance today. So instead of a 2-1 loss I'd take an 8-0 hiding as it WILL be tougher to stomach for fans and the board.

I'm not so sure he'll go anyways. Part of the job today is, if we are gonna lose, we lose well. Goal difference is worth an extra point come the end of the season. 

3 hours ago, Walshy5 said:

It’s not something I could ever bring myself to do but I’d be chucking no stones your way. I’m coming round to anyone but Cooper - he really is the lousiest manager we’ve had for years - up there with mad dog and Sousa 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JimJams said:

But he hasn't had 5 games to figure out his best team. He's had 5 pre-season games, 5 league games and 2 cup games.  How long should he need to figure it out? Or has he figured it out but it just doesn't marry up with the general perception of our best 11, in which case he has to prove his case with results.  Which doesn't look all that promising.

The squad wasn’t really final until the transfer window closed though, was it. Poor recruitment over the last 2/3 years means the squad is lacking quality. Going to take some effort to stay up. 

1 minute ago, Dickov22 said:

The squad wasn’t really final until the transfer window closed though, was it. Poor recruitment over the last 2/3 years means the squad is lacking quality. Going to take some effort to stay up. 

With Cooper it will take some effort yeah but we should not get relegated with this squad. 

1 hour ago, Paninistickers said:

I'm not so sure he'll go anyways. Part of the job today is, if we are gonna lose, we lose well. Goal difference is worth an extra point come the end of the season. 

I know GD counts, but I believe getting rid of Cooper is worth more than a point.

I'm aware he won't get the sack after today, but it will increase pressure on him more if we get stomped.

20 hours ago, Pliskin said:

Didn’t really need to be mentioned…. We are all aware that, that undoubtedly contributed to some of the struggles. But there are other people running the club besides Top and his 

Of course, but it increasingly looks like it was a decisive factor. The club has never recovered from that blow.