Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Cooper - OUT

If you viewed this game in isolation, with the fightback to 2-2 you'd be probably look at this in a favourable way, or as much as you can when you lose.

But today was just more of the same. 

10 hours ago, JimJams said:

Our problem isn't the quality of players at either end of the pitch, it's the balance.

We play defensive until we concede and then try and score which has seen us get back into games but will at best get you a draw. And in the only game where we tried to take it to the opposition, vs Palace, once we'd established a lead we went into shit the bed mode and tried to do nothing but defend for 45 minutes.

And again, today just reaffirms this point.  We have nothing about us until we're losing.  And once we're in that situation, the shackles are off.  But if we claw anything back, it's back to shitting ourselves.  We will never be able to turn a game around like this.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Jakemoore said:

So I’d counter that by stating some facts and some opinions….

We've scored in every game thus far. Including 2 at Arsenal today which not many teams will do. 

We’ve been in every game this season. Thats my opinion. You may disagree. But on 93 minutes today we were taking point at Arsenal which would have been an amazing result.

We aren’t the experienced PL side of 4 seasons ago. We’ve just come up and we have to remember that. We don’t have the likes of Barnes, Maddison and Tilemans anymore. We will lose more games this season than we win. That’s very normal for a newly promoted side.

My honest opinion is that we will end the season with more points than the other two promoted sides and then we just have to hope that Wolves, Palace and Everton continue to stutter. 

We were always going to be in a relegation scrap this season. Expecting otherwise is/was naive. 

If we don’t win either of the next two against teams in and around us my opinion may change but for now I do see enough to have some hope. Some. Not a lot. But some.

I can appreciate that viewpoint and I don't wholly disagree, but I was just picking you up on the point about people digging him out because he's ex-Forest. I just don't think that's there and I haven't such much evidence of it (on here at least, I can't speak for the general match-going public)

2 minutes ago, Jakemoore said:

We've scored in every game thus far. Including 2 at Arsenal today which not many teams will do. 

We’ve been in every game this season. Thats my opinion. You may disagree. But on 93 minutes today we were taking point at Arsenal which would have been an amazing result.

We aren’t the experienced PL side of 4 seasons ago. We’ve just come up and we have to remember that. We don’t have the likes of Barnes, Maddison and Tilemans anymore. We will lose more games this season than we win. That’s very normal for a newly promoted side.

My honest opinion is that we will end the season with more points than the other two promoted sides and then we just have to hope that Wolves, Palace and Everton continue to stutter. 

We were always going to be in a relegation scrap this season. Expecting otherwise is/was naive. 

If we don’t win either of the next two against teams in and around us my opinion may change but for now I do see enough to have some hope. Some. Not a lot. But some.

The score was a facade today. We weren’t really in the game. We gave up 35 shot attempts, 15 shots on target and 17 corners. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

Last season Vardy barely got past 60 minutes, and that was in the championship. I know the options are shit but he's a passenger unless the ball falls for him. 

Ndidi is battered after 60 mins but he runs him ragged. Seeing Ayew come in for our standout player, to then see that terrible first touch with no pressure and that being our last clear chance to attack.

11 minutes ago, Filberts lovechild said:

Worst thing about this game is this has now cemented Justin instead of Ricardo. ****s sake

Deflected header from a set piece and a 0.0xG flukey wonderstrike to paper over the cracks of Martinelli getting loose from him for their first goal, Martinelli's cross for Trossard's goal coming from his flank, and kicking the ball out of Mad's hand straight into Havertz for their 4th goal. Not to pin the whole of the blame on JJ but it's yet more data for the worrying trend of how many goals we're shipping, baffling how Cooper doesn't realise it

Complete and utter waste of time. We’ve pissed yet another transfer window away backing this fool, as well as the inevitable compensation we’ll have to pay when we finally pull the trigger. Joke of a manager. Joke of a club. The good times are well and truly in the rear view mirror. 

Just now, SecretPro said:

I can appreciate that viewpoint and I don't wholly disagree, but I was just picking you up on the point about people digging him out because he's ex-Forest. I just don't think that's there and I haven't such much evidence of it (on here at least, I can't speak for the general match-going public)

Just felt to me like the moment potter turned us down and we went for cooper, most of this place was against it…I wonder if we would all want Enzo gone had he stayed and the results we’ve had were matched. We’ll never know of course.

I am firmly Cooper in, but please stop playing Vardy so long. We need to have much more of a focal point in the latter stages of games. We need options. It just leads to a constant onslaught. Give the opposition something to think about. Vardy hopeless jogging into channels and barely pressing is just inviting pressure. He doesn't defend that high up, he offers nothing later in games. I have no issues starting him because of his awareness and experience but stop playing him so ****ing long.

6 minutes ago, FrankieADZ said:

image.thumb.png.490906ea4867e420b301a914d0ad5e72.png

ok if you say so, they tried really really hard

Twenty six tackles to their 18! 

Look  seriously they have far better players and I thought we put a shift in today .

The score line wasn’t deserved, and I don’t believe Cooper is anywhere near as bad as people are suggesting, but it’s obvious the Lynch mob are smelling blood and not going to rest until it happens.

And for the record I’m no ‘Happy Clapper’, I thought Rodger’s last few months of tenure were fcuking woeful.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, The_77 said:

The score was a facade today. We weren’t really in the game. We gave up 35 shot attempts, 15 shots on target and 17 corners. 

We played Arsenal away. They are light years ahead of us. We’re only in their league on paper. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Jakemoore said:

How dare you speak positively on this forum!!! You’re doing it all wrong!

• Haha 1

Just now, Jakemoore said:

Just felt to me like the moment potter turned us down and we went for cooper, most of this place was against it…I wonder if we would all want Enzo gone had he stayed and the results we’ve had were matched. We’ll never know of course.

That did happen, but I think it had more to do with the fact that out of all the names banded around and the candidates the club spoke with, it was by far the most lazy, uninspiring and cheapskate option.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SecretPro said:

That did happen, but I think it had more to do with the fact that out of all the names banded around and the candidates the club spoke with, it was by far the most lazy, uninspiring and cheapskate option.

I agree. But perhaps needs must due to FFP.