Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Cooper - OUT

It’ll be like the great escape season. Lose a lot of games by a fine margin. Just hope we go on some sort of run so we can take that points deduction 

• Like 2

Just now, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

If he learns, changes the FBs to JJ and Ricky, drops Ndidi and plays an attacking CM from the off, we can definitely stay up. Up to him now. I think the squad is there. 

I don’t think we’ll ever see Ricardo as a regular full back again, under any manager, his body isn’t up to it. No coincidence he was able to finally sustain regular football again when moved into the centre. 

1 minute ago, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

If he learns, changes the FBs to JJ and Ricky, drops Ndidi and plays an attacking CM from the off, we can definitely stay up. Up to him now. I think the squad is there. 

For me it’s just dropping JJ and actually playing an attacking mid. If you have Bilal doing what he did when he came on, there’s not so much pressure on the defence the whole game like today. When there is, Okoli will mop it up.

We have the tools. Just hope they get used in the right way. 

Dean Smith part two - good honest bloke who I'm sure is doing his best, but is quite obviously just not very good at this level and is here because he was cheap. Hopefully he's here for about the same amount of time, ideally less

• Like 2

He now has two weeks with the full squad, we have every right to expect better after that I think, but we should not expect to win every game (yeah I know, reason is foreign flavour) Think there is enough there now and we seem to have some spirit, so will remain hopeful. Anyway, this is KP, they aren’t going to sack him, especially not so early. 

• Like 2

Not been as bad as I expected. However the whole Ricardo thing is awful and then setting up not to get beat today is hard to take. Different game if we play a 10 rather then 3 ****ing dms.

3 minutes ago, cityfanlee23 said:

Can't believe I'm posting this on a forum of adults, but we can criticise Cooper, please do criticise his mistakes and poor judgement, but can we pack it in with the actual abuse and mocking his appearance? 

This.... 

• Like 1

Just now, Guest said:

Dean Smith part two - good honest bloke who I'm sure is doing his best, but is quite obviously just not very good at this level and is here because he was cheap. Hopefully he's here for about the same amount of time, ideally less

The part that's most surprising is that we wen't for an option because he was cheap, rumours from the media suggest we didn't go for Corberan because of his £4m buyout fee, If Cooper can't get a tune out of these players it will cost us far more than £4m, and we've just spent a net £50m on players, how could we not afford Corberan?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, cityfanlee23 said:

The part that's most surprising is that we wen't for an option because he was cheap, rumours from the media suggest we didn't go for Corberan because of his £4m buyout fee, If Cooper can't get a tune out of these players it will cost us far more than £4m, and we've just spent a net £50m on players, how could we not afford Corberan?

Why would we go for a player who’s team shat themselves in the play offs to Southampton? He hasn’t achieved anything 

I guess the annoying thing is he’ll probably say he got it wrong today again, 2 out of 3 games and both at home where he’s meant to be good. Not ideal! 

When we’re at home, I don’t care who we play, I want us to attack. That was pitiful again first half today. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, cityfanlee23 said:

That’s what I can’t understand myself….say it’s PSR reasons just delay his announcement or bring forward one of our dodgy commercial deals.

As for Cooper,  he needs to be braver….he sadly exudes a loser mentality for me and whilst the score lines haven’t been embarrassing the football on show for the majority has been.

Once he brought on some creative attacking talent we looked dangerous but too little, too late. We'd already dug a 2 goal hole by setting up in order to try not to lose. He needs to be given more time to figure out how to get a better balance, but there are signs that if he can learn from his mistakes and be more positive from the start we have the quality to survive. Points deduction aside ofcourse.