Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Cooper - OUT

28 minutes ago, Ricey said:

I’ve found the hatred towards him way over the top but that was hugely alarming.

Terrible first half, but the goal gets us back in to it. To not bring on Fatuwu to run at Young is sackable offence alone. We didn’t need Ndidi, Ayew and Justin on the pitch in the last 20 minutes.

It was just so toothless, against a team there for the absolute taking.

We don’t need Justin on the pitch at all. 

53 minutes ago, inckley fox said:

There have only been five of them!

We were poor today, and again I disagreed with his decisions, but we've still been competitive in every game. A club who sacked their manager now would rightly lose a lot of credibility, especially as he's a new boss at a newly promoted club who's had a lot of behind the scenes stuff to deal with. You simply can't do that when you're in our position.

At the end of the day, it's a run of five fixtures in which we've only picked up three points. That happened countless times under Pearson, Ranieri, Puel, Rodgers and Maresca without us pulling the trigger. If it goes on - alright. But we can't be panicking on the basis of this.

In 6-7 games' time, at this rate, we'll still be in with a great chance of survival if we calmly surmise that it isn't quite working. So why make a laughing stock of ourselves now?

We're 15th, for what it's worth at this stage. We just picked up another point. Yes, I have plenty of concerns, but this degree of negativity among fans, when it's clearly too early to call, isn't going to help our chances.

Is it too early . in reality, if you put stevie wonder on the back of red rum he could see we are well and truly screwed under this clown

40 minutes ago, JonnyBoy said:

Problem is 70-80% of fans clapped the players off today. What impression does that give to the owners? 

If you clapped them off today but want cooper out you need to have a hard look at yourself 

most of the fans are part of the problem with this football club in the last 2-3 years and I’m pretty fed up of it and don’t really care anymore 

Should you be booing the players if your problem is with the governance of the club?

32 minutes ago, fox_favourite said:

League one tactics, league one game management. 

He's not up to it at this level. The sack was a long time coming at Forest and they spent a fortune.

He's a Championship manager.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Genuinely curious how much it'd cost to sack him. 

I know it's early, but you'd have liked to see more than just glimpses of good performances. He's just way too negative. 

Failing to beat a drab Everton side, at home, is not a good showing. 

It could have been an opportunity to get 3 more points on the board before the inevitable tonking against Arsenal next week. 

It's not a good sign when you set up defensively, with a negative mindset for majority of games and still concede in every game, sometimes first. 

He's shown me very little of why we hired him and more importantly why we could stay up. 

Very disappointing from him, even though the expectations were low. 

Everton and Spurs both let us off the hook. Should have been dead and buried at half time.

27 minutes ago, Ricey said:

I’ve found the hatred towards him way over the top but that was hugely alarming.

Terrible first half, but the goal gets us back in to it. To not bring on Fatuwu to run at Young is sackable offence alone. We didn’t need Ndidi, Ayew and Justin on the pitch in the last 20 minutes.

It was just so toothless, against a team there for the absolute taking.

This 1000%. It was driving me mad at the stadium. How could a professional manager not see this? Even when Fatawu came on, he was put on the left. Just utterly bizarre. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, oz was my hero said:

Is it too early . in reality, if you put stevie wonder on the back of red rum he could see we are well and truly screwed under this clown

I don't think it's that clear at all. Our league position - our most important yardstick - certainly doesn't back you up.

Watching Abdul Fatawu pace up and down the touchline for 90 minutes while Ayew strolls around aimlessly is the closest I’ve come to witnessing a war crime, if we can get De Marco to build a case against him for violating the human rights of 32,000 people do we still have to pay him off?

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, gazzaa2 said:

He's not up to it at this level. The sack was a long time coming at Forest and they spent a fortune.

He's a Championship manager.

Swansea fans would dispute even that.

He's essentially dining out on putting an expensively assembled Championship side on a bit of a run, shithousing the playoffs, bringing in 25 players when promoted, and spending nine figures in the process, before playing atrocious football in the Premier League and staying up through blind luck.

Edited by Bilo
  • Like 2

I used to laugh & sneer at Man Utd a few seasons back when OGS was in charge and posed the question ‘which other EPL club would want him if their manager left?” The consensus at the time was virtually nobody. Well, same question re Cooper. I cannot think of a single club in the league right now that would touch him. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

This 1000%. It was driving me mad at the stadium. How could a professional manager not see this? Even when Fatawu came on, he was put on the left. Just utterly bizarre. 

He probably tried to sign Ashley Young in the summer.

• Haha 2

38 minutes ago, Bilo said:

The board need to ask themselves the following questions.

Are the results satisfactory?

Are the performances satisfactory?

Do the results show any signs of improvement?

Is the style of football what the club wish to pursue in the medium to long-term?

Has the coach showed any signs of learning or developing in his career up to this point?

Do we have faith in the manager to achieve the season's objectives?

Are the fans satisfied with the season so far?

If the answer to all of the above is 'no,' is it in the club's interests to keep the coach in post until the end of the season?

And if the answer to the final question is also no, one final question remains.

If not now, then when? 

In response to your questions:

1. The PPG isn't good enough. But the results have been good enough to be 15th, which would be a great outcome at the end of the season.

2. We've been competitive in every game. So the performances haven't been too bad either.

3. We're unbeaten in two so, yes, the results have improved.

4. I hope that whatever style of football the board favour, that we've at very least disavowed the 7-8 year-long supposition that possession-based football is more sustainable than that which saw us go up two divisions, win the league and reach the CL quarters. Oh, and that's how we played in the FA Cup Final too. And our best ever performance under Maresca.

5. How on Earth would you measure the degree to which Cooper has learned over the course of his career? I mean, he's gone from years of managing in the second tier to years of managing in the first, so you'd imagine he's picked something up along the way.

6. and 7. Whether the fans believe he'll keep us up, or feel satisfied, is ultimately secondary to whether we actually look like we'll stay up. They loved Allen and Ollie and Sven. They wanted O'Neill gone after 12 games, and Pearson gone in 2013 and 2015. Their track record is shaky.

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

In every match so far, the other team has had a higher xG than us, implying that the underlying data suggests we have actually outperformed our fairly weak results. Data doesn't always tell the full story, but it's hard not to argue that Cooper is holding us back and that it could be determental to us.

When you make BIG calls like dropping Ricardo and playing Ayew over Fatawu, they only work if you get the result. If you don't, then you look like a clown. or in Cooper's case, a ghoul.

Why are they big calls? Isn’t that  his entire job anyway? We may have fond recollections of any player, but they are memories and if they do not fit in to the new managers (for better or for worse) plans, then he will replace them.  Be pissed of he didn’t, but yes it would be nice to see last seasons Ricky, Abdul, but it must be his call until he gets it right or buggers off.

Today was a real low point, a poor showing, poor team ethic until the end when we went more gung ho.

We are at the point of acceptance for our position in the table, but it sure does look precarious.

Edited by Dahnsouff

4 minutes ago, CrazyKopCorner said:

He’s already dropped our best two outfield players thus season he has Ward looming as number 2 and took off Mavi when he had the run of them 2nd half - I get the impression our Steve isn’t the brightest in the bunny tree. Get rid now and get a proper manager in. 

You do question what on earth he does during the week before the match, because there is no evidence of planned moves or basic structure, it’s just get on with it boys. What a clown

• Like 3