Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Cooper - OUT

5 minutes ago, oz was my hero said:

Can't see us winning a game under him unless we absolutely  shithouse one. He's so bloody negative.  Incapable of changing a system. Subs are non existent, or just like for like. Way too late and it seems we can't have more than 2 attacking players on the pitch at any time. For instance  why rhe hell didn't he let fatawu have at least 20 minutes  against young and leave mavididi  on the other side ?

Well, I agree with you on a lot of that. Why drop Skipp? Why bring in El Khannous over Facundo? Why not deal with the degree to which sides are exposing Justin? Why not sub Ayew off when you could see he was knackered, like last match, on 65 minutes?

I have tonnes of doubts. But I also thought he got the Palace line-up badly wrong, when he was right, so I'm willing to accept that I'm no authority, and results are predominantly what I've got to go on.

• Like 1

Ward over a professional keeper in Iversen. That alone is gross misconduct. 

Soumare ahead of McAteer. Almost as bad. Also instant dismissal. 

BdcR over Stephy. Third and final written warning level at least. 

Subs at Palace, leaving a beleaguered Ayew and Vards on far too long. 

Dropping Skipp today. Totally baffling. Inexplicable. 

Alienating Vesty and Ricky. 

Weirdly, despite that I kinda like.Cooper but the charge sheet is far too long. He isnt at our level. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, 5waller5 said:

Because they’re counter to what most sane people with even a passing interest in football would do??? 

Does that make it correct then? This passing interest does not sound like a point of knowledge, more a popular one.

8 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

In every match so far, the other team has had a higher xG than us, implying that the underlying data suggests we have actually outperformed our fairly weak results. Data doesn't always tell the full story, but it's hard not to argue that Cooper is holding us back and that it could be determental to us.

When you make BIG calls like dropping Ricardo and playing Ayew over Fatawu, they only work if you get the result. If you don't, then you look like a clown. or in Cooper's case, a ghoul.

To me, I'd have Ricardo in too.

But, he barely played in his last two PL seasons, and was played in a custom-made role last season which became defunct this year. And, based on the degree to which it was getting exposed in the second half of last season, you can see why we abandoned the inverted full back.

There are doubts over his ability to still play the conventional FB role. He was very poor pre-season. There are all sorts of reasons why, even if you and I would like to think Ricardo is much the better option, a person with greater insight might be inclined to disagree.

Iv massively given him the benefit of the doubt and challenged plenty on here but today has tipped me over - he didn’t even stick by by stubborn 3 in midfield- I could probably have still got behind that - he wilted to the pressure and put another attacking player in and it was absolutely crap - makes him look like a right clown - ‘I’ll stick by my selection until I won’t’ Poo - get him OUT - and that mavididi sun instead of ayew - absolutely honking - on your bike 

Edited by jv1

No subs at half time despite looking toothless

first sub like for like

second sub like for like

third too late and took off a player who had finally got into the game

allowed Ndidi to continue killing our attacks with his inability to make simple forward pass 

Ayew 90 mins against Young and Keane who looked atrocious 

Please sack him 

also Winks last two balls into box. Terrible 

10 minutes ago, Bob Weasel Fox said:

Doubling down on shit decisions is signs of another arrogant waste of a manager 

We won't sack him until it's too late as usual 

The only upside is he's not capable of going on the kind of run Rodgers went on just before the world cup. I think that kept him in the job way longer than it should have. 

• Like 2

Bizarre not playing Skipp. Played Ndidi who blows hot and cold in a different position from where he played at Palace as a more defensive midfielder. Play players where they are used to playing. Vardy can only do 60 mins so change it up and why Ayew instead of Fatawa. Chuck the lad in. Let's face it it's shite or bust this season so might as well go for it.

1 minute ago, Dahnsouff said:

Does that make it correct then? This passing interest does not sound like a point of knowledge, more a popular one.

The “passing interest” was more my way of saying “anyone with any knowledge”.

They’re big calls because almost every one of the 30,000 fans that have seen them play would choose the other route. 

If it works, he’s a clever manager, if it doesn’t he runs the risk of appearing not to see the blindingly obvious

Just now, 5waller5 said:

The “passing interest” was more my way of saying “anyone with any knowledge”.

They’re big calls because almost every one of the 30,000 fans that have seen them play would choose the other route. 

If it works, he’s a clever manager, if it doesn’t he runs the risk of appearing not to see the blindingly obvious

Of course, but my confusion is why a certain portion of the FT faithful, think it’s the wrong call. They are not as close too the squad, are unlikely to be as well informed on the physical state of players, so I can only assume this desire stems from previous evidence, which is a bit of a favouritism conclusion.

Don’t get me wrong, today underwhelmed massively, but that is a different thing.

Why are people surprised that we are 5 games in without a win?  Do some of you people look at the state we are in and think we are good enough to compete? 

This is par for the course with the people we have currently running the club! The fact we got promotion last season means sod all, we are on a downward trajectory and one promotion doesn’t change that.  We were woefully unprepared for this season and we did nothing to change it. 

We aren’t under performing, this is where we are at as a club right now, we are getting what we deserve.  Binning Cooper off won’t happen, our club doesn’t like change until it’s too late. We KNOW this, we’ve witnessed this over the past five years. We continue to do nothing and pretend everything will work out in the end.

Dont let it get to you, it’ll ride itself out one way or the other. Just look at the scores, shrug your shoulders, go and do something more fun with your Saturdays etc.

Because Leicester City at the moment, and for the past god knows how long, isn’t fun, it isn’t entertainment, it isn’t getting any better.