Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Cooper - OUT

1 minute ago, Collymore said:

Don't think I can recall feeling so strongly about wanting a manager out so quickly. Players look clueless. Bizarre substitutions and tactics. 

What's even more worrying, he said in his post match interview "I'd do the same again" so he looks like a stubborn **** too. 

Needs to get gone. Quick. 

Couldnt agree more. Just delaying the inevitable and hurting ourselves because we want to be nice and stick to unwritten rules. 

Theres an endless list of red flags now, 5 games in a row the same mistakes, the same inability to manage a game. Cowardly subs, cowardly set ups.

Favourites getting in and undroppable over good players who have been frozen out.

He has shown you his ceiling this is it, he was the same at forest, they love him for the promotion but they think they are much better off without him. There is no system or tactic, he's got the players running alot, but that should be bare minimum, not the literal tactical system.

I'm sure we will wait a few more games before it becomes untenable and then all the happy clappers will wake up and think "hmmmm maybe waiting this long wasn't such a good thing" ala rodgers.

• Like 4

Arsenal, Bournemouth, Southampton, Forest. 

2 WINS needed from these next 4. 

Otherwise, he should absolutely go. 

He may be gone if we lose heavily to Bournemouth though, as there is a 2 week gap to Southampton, Forest and Ipswich. 

After that, Man U away and Chelsea, which I wouldn't want a new Manager starting with. 

I hate changing Managers, but I also recognise the growing toxicity amongst the fan base, much of which is becoming increasingly justified. 

For those wanting Cooper out now, just remember that he was most definitely not Top's first choice, so I do expect he will be sacked earlier than some predict. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CrazyKopCorner said:

The team show no sign whatsoever of being coached. If you said to me they have a kick about on a Friday and a mid day team talk on a Saturday I’d say I’m surprised as they just look as though they turn up at 1:30. 

Said exactly the same in the match thread. I find it astounding that these players train together and are coached. 

• Like 1

Cooper has definitely left far too many points on board. Should be 7-9 and we're at 3, luckily.  He looks dumbfounded and clueless as to how his tactics are figured out in first 5 minutes of play. This hire is going to hurt 

• Like 1

He's clearly out of his depth. There was so much wrong with that team selection again and the performance that is very hard to have any sympathy for him as it's all self inflicted.

How he allowed it to continue from the sideline just shows he's in over his head. He has no business claiming anything from that game when the players dug him out of a Hole. 

Then he had the adacity to take off the two most influential players we had playing who were trying to get us back into the game, Thats Mav and NDiddi.

He should have brought Fats on for Ayew at half time also.

• Like 1

A laughably inadequate manager at this level. His record of 18 successive Premier League games without a win - if that’s the correct number - speaks for itself. And in the first five of those with us he has barely done anything right - but many things wrong.

What are the club thinking of trying to stay up with this serial loser in charge? It will all end in tears, we all know it will. Act now or pay later.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Hammo said:

What are the club thinking of trying to stay up with this serial loser in charge? It will all end in tears, we all know it will. Act now or pay later.

For me, proper clubs, serious clubs who want to be fighting for European football eventually, always appoint a forward thinking manager, you should always be thinking will this manager improve us and get us closer to what we aspire to be?

Now with that comes an element of risk you likely have to roll the dice on younger up and coming managers who aren't very well known and sure you might miss, but if you trust the process you will hit more than you miss (eyes on brighton)

Coopers appointment at the time felt the complete opposite of that, the kind of decision bad clubs made years ago appointing Steve Bruce, Alan Pardew, Mark Hughes. Sure they might give you a short term lift, but its always heading towards one place, an underwhelming mid season sacking while you scramble around to find another underwhelming guy who is just desperate for the opportunity to get one more pay check.

Watching teams do that always made me think what is the goal here appointing a manager like that? Where are you trying to go with this other than tread water for a short period of time. And I think we are right here, I don't know every young and upcoming manager out there who would be a calculated risk, but I am sure they are out there and would of given it a go. What I do know, however is appointing the 2024 version of Pardew/Hughes etc. is not the answer.

• Like 1