Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Cooper - OUT

2 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

Pearson? Hadn’t thought about him but maybe he’s the one? 

He definitely isn’t the answer. 

He’s been average elsewhere and it was a three man show when he was here. 

1 minute ago, Mike1983 said:

What exactly are his tactics? Serious question. Can anyone actually define his approach to the game? I’m really struggling to see any consistent game pattern or strategy at all.

Bore the other team to sleep I think. 

3 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Nah leave the man in peace.

Reckon I'd take Moyes if we had to go ex PL.

Gotta be some European coaches who fancy it, not sure throwing them in midway through the season will work though.

Roger Schmidt.

Sergio Conceicao. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, fox_favourite said:

Not appointment but blunder as in Thier job. Relegation, FFP rules break, putting players on stupid contracts having no plan. They are the blunders...and it's one after another. Rudkin is the name I point most of the blame to. We need new direction at the club. It's all gone stale and Cooper's appt is another one to add to the list. 

I think the board are as incompetent as the next guy. But they were pushing us to compete with the top end of the Premier League, winning FA Cups, finishing within a whisker of 4th twice. On either of those occasions, had we got over the line, we'd be having a different conversation.

They didn't make lot of little errors, they made 1 huge error. Not parting with Rodgers when the whole club needed a refresh. If he'd gone in October we were still an attractive proposition for a new manager who likely would have kept us up. Had that happened, we'd probably have had the quality in the squad to survive even with a points deduction.

The Smith appointment almost paid off but was too little, too late. The Enzo appointment was spot on and he was backed with quality signings. He left unexpectedly and we likely had little in the way of attractive candidates due to impending sanctions.

We avoided sanctions and are now probably a more attractive proposition than we were in July. I guess we all just hope that the board has leart something from the Rodgers failure, that we look at this in October and bring in somebody who'll give us a fighting chance.

9 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

He's not going anywhere. If they sack him it will be an admission that they got it wrong, they have also spend quite a lot of money getting players to suit his style (what ever that is) expect him to stay for at least the next 7/8 league games unless results go off a cliff.

Exactly. I think if we lose the next 3 though, it’ll probably happen. 

27 minutes ago, sdb said:

Very strange. He looked like he couldn't give a ****. But it appeared he'd be coming on for the start of the second half. But didn't play a minute. So just got drenched in a thunder storm on his own doing slow motion step overs. Bizarre on so many levels. 

Probably p*ssed off that he couldn't stay at Fulham and enjoy his life in London and now he's stuck at Leicester without a chance of playing 

9 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

He's not going anywhere. If they sack him it will be an admission that they got it wrong, they have also spend quite a lot of money getting players to suit his style (what ever that is) expect him to stay for at least the next 7/8 league games unless results go off a cliff.

I actually don't think the players signed matter too much though.  I know none of them were awe inspiring exciting signings, but they largely look decent enough.  Okoli looks good at the back. Skipp well capable. Ayew, despite the protestations doesn't look bad, just should be utilised to close games out.  Bilal, who knows? Buo on loan looks a good technical player.  BDR was free, so who gives a shit?  I think those players would suit an array of different managers with different approaches.

16 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

This is the reality isn't it. Our board havent got the backbone to be proactive so once again we'll have to endure it for months after the horse has bolted. 

Edited by walkerleeds

11 minutes ago, FoxOfMelton said:

He's not a Premier League level manager. It's that simple. i knew it, you knew it, the rest of the fan base knew it.

Why didn't the board know it?

The BoD must also be pretty stupid to hire a guy with a dreadful record, he has now played 18 premier league games without a win. I have just watched his after match interview, no personality, obviously no confidence and a complete lack of intelligent ,constructive comments , surely this is bound to affect the mentality of the players, particularly as the majority were coached by Enzo and respected and enjoyed his methods

25 minutes ago, Mike1983 said:

What exactly are his tactics? Serious question. Can anyone actually define his approach to the game? I’m really struggling to see any consistent game pattern or strategy at all.

Exactly. Just utter throw 7 defensive outfield players on the pitch and hope for the best 

Coopers record in the Premier League.

Games - 61

Won - 12

Drawn - 19

Lost - 30

Goals for - 62

Goals against - 108

Points - 55

Points Per Match - 0.9 per game

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, DJ Barry Hammond said:

There ain’t much about us that leads to calling him to stay though.

The key question you have to ask yourself - are Steve Cooper’s decisions helping or hindering us as a side?

This squad is decent - it’s certainly capable of a lot more than what Cooper’s getting out of it.

True. But he has had a preseason and 5 league games. It just all feels a bit premature. 

1 minute ago, CosbehFox said:

Harsh reality is that after Ipswich, the fixture list gets very tough until the new Year. 

Be proactive rather reactive. It never felt the right fit from day 1 and I truly believe he doesn’t believe in these players hence where he’s safety first 

Whilst I get this to a degree, what manager in their right mind, or of decent quality, would you attract if they see a newly promoted team sack their manager after 5 games when they aren't even in the relegation zone?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, FOXSE said:

Whilst I get this to a degree, what manager in their right mind, or of decent quality, would you attract if they see a newly promoted team sack their manager after 5 games when they aren't even in the relegation zone?

A hungry manager with a point to prove, similar to last season ?

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Nah leave the man in peace.

Reckon I'd take Moyes if we had to go ex PL.

Gotta be some European coaches who fancy it, not sure throwing them in midway through the season will work though.

Cooper needs binning because he's shit. But we won't go for anyone half-interesting if they haven't managed in the country before, whether they're an up and coming young manager or someone like Schmidt. Our board think the Bundesliga is a health drink you find in Aldi.

Whoever suggested Southgate is bang on. Be the usual tired list of names and we'll end up picking from him, Potter or Moyes. 

Edited by Miquel The Work Geordie
  • Like 1