Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Cooper - OUT

Just now, oz was my hero said:

A hungry manager with a point to prove, similar to last season ?

Yes, and how many wanted maresca sacked when we were top of the league?

Yes, let's give the job to a completely unproven manager, we could get lucky I suppose.....

4 minutes ago, FOXSE said:

Whilst I get this to a degree, what manager in their right mind, or of decent quality, would you attract if they see a newly promoted team sack their manager after 5 games when they aren't even in the relegation zone?

Plenty of examples where managers in worse situations have taken over and taken a job away to see clubs clear of relegation. 

PL is king in football and managers want their name out there to attract the next job. 

1 minute ago, CosbehFox said:

Plenty of examples where managers in worse situations have taken over and taken a job away to see clubs clear of relegation. 

PL is king in football and managers want their name out there to attract the next job. 

Yes, I'm sure there will be a few takers thinking 'if I survive 7 games, I'm doing well, but if I don't, the pay off will be good'

I am surprised at the people that basically laugh at watford's approach to sacking managers, but if were in charge, we would be getting through three managers a season!

5 minutes ago, FOXSE said:

Yes, and how many wanted maresca sacked when we were top of the league?

Yes, let's give the job to a completely unproven manager, we could get lucky I suppose.....

Can you honestly say that it could be any worse than what we have now ? At least that's a gamble . This is 💯 relegation.

2 minutes ago, Big_Nige said:

Why do you have to be in the relegation zone to act though? If the signs are there you need to heed them

To caveat that, I’d normally never advocate for a bloke to be sacked after 5 games, and if you look at the results in isolation they are “OK” but there’s something fundamentally not right, nobody can have watched us so far this season and thought results are coming. It’s been pretty hideous

As hideous as you think it has been, there are 5 teams below us. The other two newly promoted teams have the same manager as last season. Wolves do. Everton do. You get a bit of disruption sometimes with a new manager. It's 5 games.  It just feels like a complete over reaction.

• Like 1

Under Rodgers and Enzo, a break in play, half the team if not more would run over to the manager to grab a drink and a chat. Whether we were winning or losing. Even before that, Shakey would be on that touchline for Pearson and Ranieri. 

Vardy got hurt today and the drinks came out. Only Winks went over.

It just feels wrong. From the fans to the players, he doesn’t seem the guy for us, 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Under Rodgers and Enzo, a break in play, half the team if not more would run over to the manager to grab a drink and a chat. Whether we were winning or losing. Even before that, Shakey would be on that touchline for Pearson and Ranieri. 

Vardy got hurt today and the drinks came out. Only Winks went over.

It just feels wrong. From the fans to the players, he doesn’t seem the guy for us, 

Alongside the bizarre moment of Reid kicking a ball all to himself during half time and a thunderstorm. Something ain’t right there 

When he hooked Mavididi on 88 mins for Fatawu, I can’t recall a time when literally all fans were livid. He was our best player by a mile, and he left on Ayew. His teams are functional and plodders - and that’s what he’s turned us into. His game plan is disrespectful to the quality we have.

I’m afraid today has made me lean heavily to being Cooper out. He’s too negative when he doesn’t need to be. It’s so clear that he’s holding us back and quite frankly I think he’s out of his depth.

Edited by Wasyls Pec Deck
  • Like 4

23 minutes ago, FOXSE said:

Yes, I'm sure there will be a few takers thinking 'if I survive 7 games, I'm doing well, but if I don't, the pay off will be good'

I am surprised at the people that basically laugh at watford's approach to sacking managers, but if were in charge, we would be getting through three managers a season!

Again I can think of examples where clubs are in decent positions but there is evidence that a change is needed with the existing squad. The players don’t look in it and this is where a higher footballing hierarchy really end their dollar by being responsible enough to make this call 

Bournemouth’s swap for O’Neil to Iraola springs immediately to mind 

8 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

Alongside the bizarre moment of Reid kicking a ball all to himself during half time and a thunderstorm. Something ain’t right there 

That moment when Vardy got kicked and the pause in play was in the first half and we were shit at the time. I mean dog shit, void of ideas. I purposely looked down and there was no urgency, from any of the coaching staff, let alone Cooper - I mean even when Rodgers was pretending in his final season, he still started barking. If ever there was a game where Cooper could’ve become “ours” that second half was it. He didn’t inspire shit. 

• Thanks 1

He’s got to go. You’re not telling me those lads were fighting for him today? Bollocks, Everton scrapped for absolutely everything, they look like a unified team, we look like we can’t be bothered. Those lads aren’t having him, you can just tell by the way they’re playing…… **** him off before he completely destroys our chances of survival. ****.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

Said this at the time. At least send someone out there to warm up with him. So Buonanotte came out. I got excited assuming he was therefore coming on at HT. Didn’t happen! 

3 hours ago, Super Shinji said:

Anyone ever considered that Cooper was the only one who actually wanted the job?

Possibly at the time that may of been true with possible points deductions looming.....this is a good squad...get rid of him before he does much more damage.  The board need to get on the phone to sound out potential candidates NOW