Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Cooper - OUT

23 minutes ago, Izzy said:

Is this common knowledge or are you just guessing?

It shouldn't be surprising when they've been Coached by Enzo, one of the greatest coaches ever to now work with Cooper, Who tells the players go and work it out for yourselves.

Simply no good enough. 

• Like 1

Can we also clarify that those of us criticising Cooper don’t want him to fail; we want him to change. 

The fear is that he is incapable of changing. 

He’s also inherited a squad who were told exactly what to do, where to stand, when to pass, why to pass and they were rewarded with a championship. They could ask a question and get, for better or worse, a clear and rigid answer. This give the players more freedom approach, I would uncharitably argue, is in fact an admittance that you have no idea how to coach them to do that. 

how many games already has Cooper claimed the players weren’t doing what they’d planned? Maybe it’s time to consider that what you’ve planned they either aren’t understanding or you aren’t communicating clearly and specifically enough

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

With pep in charge we’re getting nothing from our next two games 

its today we needed a win 

Bournemouth at home? Get someone in after arsenal and we should have enough.

1 hour ago, FOXSE said:

True. But he has had a preseason and 5 league games. It just all feels a bit premature. 

Take the pill now and get him aborted. A mistake will stay a mistake no matter how long you overthink it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, winteriscoming said:

Hopefully with us not having a points deduction the job will be more appealing. 
I’d have Corberan. 
Or preferably go the foreign route like how it’s been decent for palace, Brighton and Bournemouth. 
Roger Schmidt 

Rudi Garcia 

Urs Fischer 

Niko Kovac 

Edin Terzic 

All readily available. 
If Palace can get someone who won the Europa league I don’t see why we shouldn’t at least look at these coaches. 

Going really well at Selhurst so far….l

13 minutes ago, fleckneymike said:

Can we also clarify that those of us criticising Cooper don’t want him to fail; we want him to change. 

He’s also inherited a squad who were told exactly what to do, where to stand, when to pass, why to pass and they were rewarded with a championship. They could ask a question and get, for better or worse, a clear and rigid answer. This give the players more freedom approach, I would uncharitably argue, is in fact an admittance that you have no idea how to coach them to do that. 

how many games already has Cooper claimed the players weren’t doing what they’d planned? Maybe it’s time to consider that what you’ve planned they either aren’t understanding or you aren’t communicating clearly and specifically enough

No I definitely want him gone. So gone that he’s erased from the history books. 

31 minutes ago, fleckneymike said:

I want him to change, change careers

2 hours ago, FOXSE said:

True. But he has had a preseason and 5 league games. It just all feels a bit premature. 

Need to be proactive. A mistake is a mistake, he's just out of his depth, no shame in us admitting we just hired someone that isn't up to it. It's not like he was handpicked following a thorough competitive recruitment campaign, no one wanted to come and he was desperate to get back in. The situation has now changed, if we knew we weren't getting a points deduction in July, he wouldn't be here so why continue?

And yes it's 5 games with us but this is a continuation of the exact stuff he was doing as forest he's almost 20 premier league games without a win. 

Although he's no where near as crazy, reminds of the Martin Allen appointment where it was obvious from day one the job was too big for him.

I didn't want to say it, but he has to go. I think this group of players would be on 6 or 7 points without 'Him'. Far too negative, playing like a draw or two in three is good enough. Never will be, never has been. 

We'd have been so f**ked if we'd had a point deduction, it's unbelievable. Literally probably next year before points on the board.

Get rid, we need a proactive manager that ain't afraid to have a go. I get the feeling cooper is yet another pay check Charlie. Milking all he can when doing f**k all. 

Edited by squidsworth

Well, this looks like a flood of pages I'm not going to read from people who last week said we should be affording Cooper more time and that this many matches wasn't enough to work out what he offers. 

He's worked in the Prem before, you simpletons. His record speaks for itself. Previous fans speak for his approach. You can bury your head in the sand all you want, "oh wishy wishy things might come good happy clappy" - you're being ridiculous. 

Some of us understand how football and people work. Some of us need to accept they don't. This is just like Brenda all over again.

Sanctimonious? Patronising? Yes. Deal with it.

• Like 1