Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Cooper - OUT

Just not good enough I’m afraid. I was more than willing I give him a chance but my patience has worn after just 5 games.

Tactically, he is inept. In the first half he had our front 4 pressing but our back line super deep which meant Everton were able to glide through our midfield with just a few passes.

He claims to have watched all our games last season, so surely on that basis it’s logical to start Ricardo, Fatawu and Mavididi - our 3 best players.

His in game management is one of the worst I’ve ever seen. I could list so many examples but just focusing on Everton, he should’ve subbed Bilal at HT, 30k fans knew Ayew should’ve come off for Fatawu at 75 mins and you have to give Ricardo some minutes.

Unfortunately he is not learning from his long list of mistakes. His post match interview was alarming. His justification for subbing Mavididi was bizarre - you’re telling me he couldn’t last another 6 minutes lol he also said he’s aware that 4-5 of our goals have come from our right hand side yet continues with Justin at RB.

I was willing to give him a chance after Palace but that’s done it for me. Sadly we all know our inept board won’t do anything until it’s too late.

• Like 3

The simple facts are the longer Cooper stays, the worse we will get. It was a horrendous appointment and the board just need to admit they’ve got it wrong and get rid ASAP. If you want pragmatic you go for Moyes. If you want to try and go back in the direction of early Todgers and Enzo, you try for Potter or Corberan…… There are much better options out there than this clown. Moyes would be my option, despite people not wanting him, he is a billion times the coach Cooper will ever be, and he would probably guarantee comfortable safety.

• Like 4

At best with Cooper we are only going to get a paltry 7 wins a season in the premier league which won’t be enough to keep us up imo.

With Potter about 11 wins a season which would keep us up.

Moyes with about 14 wins would keep us quite comfortably. 

Basically Cooper isn’t good enough at this level, the sooner we sack him the better.

I think what compels it is the fact that's arguably the poorest Everton side they'll put out this season. We looked anything like a convincing home side looking to grab out first win against a severely struggling team.

You just sense the lads don't look comfortable or happy under him. 

Nothing will happen before Xmas I'm sure but by then the damage is done.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

The simple facts are the longer Cooper stays, the worse we will get. It was a horrendous appointment and the board just need to admit they’ve got it wrong and get rid ASAP. If you want pragmatic you go for Moyes. If you want to try and go back in the direction of early Todgers and Enzo, you try for Potter or Corberan…… There are much better options out there than this clown. Moyes would be my option, despite people not wanting him, he is a billion times the coach Cooper will ever be, and he would probably guarantee comfortable safety.

Yeah Moyes or Corberan are the 2 choices depending on what direction they want to go.

Gary O’Neil at Wolves has a 0.29 win ratio which is better than Cooper. Sean Dyche with a 0.28 win ratio. 

We really do have the worst manager in the league quite comfortably.

Edited by Happy Fox
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

At best with Cooper we are only going to get a paltry 7 wins a season in the premier league which won’t be enough to keep us up imo.

With Potter about 11 wins a season which would keep us up.

Moyes with about 14 wins would keep us quite comfortably. 

Basically Cooper isn’t good enough at this level, the sooner we sack him the better.

Mystic Meg?

Just now, Reg Vardy said:

Mystic Meg?

No not quite , just calculating win rates across a season based of their win records in the premier league.

Cooper has 12 wins from 60 premier league games so has a 0.2 win ratio.

Potter has 41 wins from 142 games so has a 0.28 win ratio

Moyes has 269 wins from 697 games so has a 0.38 win ratio.

Multiply the win ratios by 38 games, you are left with 7.6 wins for Cooper so 7-8 games we can expect wins from, which wouldn’t be good enough :thumbup:

Moyes is dreamland lads. He won’t want to come here.

Watched a podcast recently where he admitted he’s been close to going back to Everton several times (4iirc) since leaving them.

Everton are more attractive than us at the moment (pains me to say it) especially to someone with a connection.

Wouldn’t surprise me if he’s already in talks with them.

2 minutes ago, FrankieADZ said:

wonder how Cooper got the job, was Rudkin and Whelan pissed up during the interview or something

looks massively out of his depth, feels like we got him purely cos we didnt have to pay anything

Purely a PRS decision. Potter allegedly was all but sealed but we wouldn’t pay to release his staff from Chelsea…. This isn’t necessarily an issue now….. so I do wonder if the board would make a decision based on this and who’s still available. We won’t win a game under cooper.