Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Cooper - OUT

We must learn from the mistakes previously when we held on too long with Rodgers. He should’ve gone in October the season we went down.

I think O’Neil, Russel Martin and Dyche will lose their jobs at some point over the next 3 months and we will be competing with them for Managers, we need to be ahead of the curve to get the appointment we need first.

I really like Corberan but suspect we’d go back for Potter. Wouldn’t be too upset with that.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Purely a PRS decision. Potter allegedly was all but sealed but we wouldn’t pay to release his staff from Chelsea…. This isn’t necessarily an issue now….. so I do wonder if the board would make a decision based on this and who’s still available. We won’t win a game under cooper. 

I thought the staff Potter had at Chelsea had left as Enzo brought his staff over from us?

Just now, Happy Fox said:

I thought the staff Potter had at Chelsea had left as Enzo brought his staff over from us?

Still some of if staff there I believe. I also heard he wanted to bring his scouting team, which was another issue. I mean, considering where Brighton were when he left, why the **** would we not do that? 

9 minutes ago, jonthefox said:

Did anyone else think (hope) the game was going to get called off yesterday?.

My wife and daughter sold their tickets on the resale platform for yesterday.  Anyone know what would have happened if the match had been postponed or abandoned?  There is probably something on the website but I can’t find it anywhere.

1 minute ago, foxfanazer said:

Almost certainly our last season of watching Vardy pull on the blue shirt and we're ruining it having this chump in charge 

Vardy will get him sacked. We need Kasper back, he was the one who often started the rebellions, allegedly. 

Just now, Pliskin said:

Still some of if staff there I believe. I also heard he wanted to bring his scouting team, which was another issue. I mean, considering where Brighton were when he left, why the **** would we not do that? 

Probably all Rudkin’s own doing, Potter is comfortably better than Cooper seems a bit foolish to go down that path.

9 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Purely a PRS decision. Potter allegedly was all but sealed but we wouldn’t pay to release his staff from Chelsea…. This isn’t necessarily an issue now….. so I do wonder if the board would make a decision based on this and who’s still available. We won’t win a game under cooper. 

what i dont get is, they could have got Corberan, for what less than £5mil including his staff, and wasnt be looking at him too,

its hard to see the logic in us appointing cooper

• Like 2

I think we have a squad capable of staying up, but with cooper in charge we won’t and we won’t even get promoted back up, if we do get relegated with him in charge.

i want a manager who will make best use of the tools he has and that plays in a positive manner, both in defence and attack, even then we could still get us relegated, but at least we can genuinely say we gave it our best shot!

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, FrankieADZ said:

what i dont get is, they could have got Corberan, for what less than £5mil including his staff, and wasnt be looking at him too,

its hard to see the logic in us appointing cooper

I just think they didn’t want to spend any money on releasing a manager or their staff from contracts, purely because they didn’t know what was going to happen with PRS. All of the media reports at the time suggested Potter was the man, he may have wanted to bring people from Chelsea and Brighton, which creates an issue. For Coberan, it was probably £5m for him but extra for his staff? I don’t know… but it’s clear they weren’t prepared to spend for management. Ironically, it’s the one area they really should have……

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, mod hero said:

We must learn from the mistakes previously when we held on too long with Rodgers. He should’ve gone in October the season we went down.

I think O’Neil, Russel Martin and Dyche will lose their jobs at some point over the next 3 months and we will be competing with them for Managers, we need to be ahead of the curve to get the appointment we need first.

I really like Corberan but suspect we’d go back for Potter. Wouldn’t be too upset with that.

With Rodgers we had a year of deteriorating results in 21-22 only just avoiding being dragged into a relegation scrap.  The start to 22-23 was unbelievably bad, was it 1 point in 7/8 games?  The board didn’t sack him then, presumably because he talked a good game and would have been too expensive to sack.

I can’t believe Cooper would cost anything like that to sack but to get rid after 5 league games would look weird.  3 points from 5 isn’t that bad, it’s the performances that worry me.  I don’t see any lack of effort (yet) from the players, they just look as though they don’t know what they are meant to be doing.  My worry is that if results don’t improve they will get disillusioned, effort will drop off and the hammerings will follow.  The only tactic yesterday seemed to be a bit of Enzoball around the back then hoof a big diagonal ball towards the wings which Tarcowski and Keane will always mop up 9 times out of 10.

If I had my way he’d be gone by teatime but I am afraid I can’t see anything happening on that front this side of Christmas.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, CUJimmy said:

With Rodgers we had a year of deteriorating results in 21-22 only just avoiding being dragged into a relegation scrap.  The start to 22-23 was unbelievably bad, was it 1 point in 7/8 games?  The board didn’t sack him then, presumably because he talked a good game and would have been too expensive to sack.

I can’t believe Cooper would cost anything like that to sack but to get rid after 5 league games would look weird.  3 points from 5 isn’t that bad, it’s the performances that worry me.  I don’t see any lack of effort (yet) from the players, they just look as though they don’t know what they are meant to be doing.  My worry is that if results don’t improve they will get disillusioned, effort will drop off and the hammerings will follow.  The only tactic yesterday seemed to be a bit of Enzoball around the back then hoof a big diagonal ball towards the wings which Tarcowski and Keane will always mop up 9 times out of 10.

If I had my way he’d be gone by teatime but I am afraid I can’t see anything happening on that front this side of Christmas.

So 3 points from 5 isn't bad.

Going off his history we will be looking at roughly the same return after 20 games.

Ok folks not to worry 12 points from 20 games isn't bad.

Sacking this fraud after 5 games wouldn't look weird it would look like great business.

You are right thou I think the majority would want him gone by tea time but will it happen? Maybe tea time February the 2nd 2025

Edited by Fox85
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, CUJimmy said:

3 points from 15

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Literally played an Everton team in terrible form, with Ashley Young playing, who has conceded 3+ goals every game so far, and we couldn't even muster up 3 shots on target.

You can't draw your way to staying up, we need some wins, and today was a perfect chance. Now we go off to Arsenal needing something, before needing a win against Bournemouth.

People will write off games like Spurs, Liverpool, Arsenal etc. And say do you expect us to win there? Which is fine as long as we're beating Everton, Bournemouth, Forest, Ipswich, Saints etc. But when we're doing neither, we're in trouble. We're relying on other teams being worse than us, just like 2 years ago.

and how can you think that wasn't going to be the case this year? Go off to Arsenal needing something and sums our fanbase up

1 minute ago, Fox85 said:

So 3 points from 5 isn't bad.

Going off his history we will be looking at roughly the same return after 20 games.

Ok folks not to worry 12 points from 20 games isn't bad.

Sacking this fraud after 5 games wouldn't look weird it would look like great business.

I said isn’t that bad and that it would look weird not that it’s the wrong thing to do.  Don’t get me wrong, I’d drive down to Seagrave now and empty his desk myself but it is the performances that worry me far more than the points total.  Even if we had won yesterday I would still want him gone before the Arsenal game.

• Thanks 1

get rid of the moron now, he's stinking out the place, utterly clueless

due to boring reasons i won't go into I watched the game a lot more sober than i usually do as only had 3 pints before the match. it was painful

what was weird JJ having a role of pushing up the right but we never passed the ball out that way, and that's before we talk about not targetting their left back who's almost as old as santa claus 

Edited by guest123
not telling you

Coopers determination to 'play his system' and not to play the Enzo box system with two wingers will cost us PL status. Coopers plan (sic) demonstrably isn't as good and is very limiting in terms of attacking intent. Players know it, fans know it  and everyone except the so called 'experts' at the club know it.

Terrible appointment, clueless and clearly out of his depth  technically and managerially. No strategy, no system, no decent staff, no skills, no proper structure, and no sodding style.

Edited by FoxFossil

If Potter really wanted the job he would have taken it…same with Corberan, Moyes and Ancellotti…..we weren’t an attractive proposition ( still not great) the likelihood is they were probably offered but refused……West Ham and Palace currently thrilled with their new appointments….Potter that rich, it’s not going to affect his life…..

1 hour ago, Happy Fox said:

No not quite , just calculating win rates across a season based of their win records in the premier league.

Cooper has 12 wins from 60 premier league games so has a 0.2 win ratio.

Potter has 41 wins from 142 games so has a 0.28 win ratio

Moyes has 269 wins from 697 games so has a 0.38 win ratio.

Multiply the win ratios by 38 games, you are left with 7.6 wins for Cooper so 7-8 games we can expect wins from, which wouldn’t be good enough :thumbup:

Few variables in that calculation tbf

Just now, Reg Vardy said:

If Potter really wanted the job he would have taken it…same with Corberan, Moyes and Ancellotti…..we weren’t an attractive proposition ( still not great) the likelihood is they were probably offered but refused……West Ham and Palace currently thrilled with their new appointments….Potter that rich, it’s not going to affect his life…..

Potter wanted the job, he just realised that it would be pointless taking it on with our current director of football. Hence his request to bring his own person in.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Reg Vardy said:

Corberan had intrest in the job.

Leicester didn't want to spend (money 4 mill) to get him and went for the much cheaper option.