Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Cooper - OUT

7 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Those hoping the board will admit their mistake and sack him will be disappointed.

This set up don't admit mistakes and don't take accountability. It's all about saving face and reputation, sadly mostly for a country thousands of miles away that doesn't actually care much about what happens to us anyway.

If Jon Bastard Rudkin our head of football and all things football actually a) sacked this man; and b) prepared us for it by lining up genuine contenders to replace him. I might MIGHT gain a little respect for him. 

We'll never know but I'd be intrigued to see, before the season, what Cooper and the staff thought we'd get from these first 5 games. 

They'd have eyed up these last two games after a tricky start to gain maximum points. 

While we conceivably could have been on 6 or 7 from 5, we're stuck on a measly 3 from 5, and the performances aren't up to scratch either. It's not like we've been unlucky in games (barring the Palace VAR sham). We've been outplayed for the most part, especially yesterday by one of the most mediocre teams in the league. 

Moreover, I'd love to know how Top/Whelan/Rudkin would have foreseen these first 5. If he's not hitting the targets, the board have to/must act quicker than seen before. It's a good test for them to see if they've learnt their lessons when you think how long it took to pull the plug on Rodgers. From Cooper's perspective, he has no credit in the bank to fall back on. 

I hate that we may have to lose a couple more to force their hand, and one of our next games is pretty much a guaranteed loss against Arsenal. Sack him after that if we don't win. Give the new manager a home game against Bournemouth to kick-start our season. 

30 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

If Jon Bastard Rudkin our head of football and all things football actually a) sacked this man; and b) prepared us for it by lining up genuine contenders to replace him. I might MIGHT gain a little respect for him. 

What will actually happen, 

A)Wait until April 

B) Sack him

C)Let some competition winners manage an actual Premier League club

D)Wait until any prospect of survival is extinguished

E)Hire someone with the ability to keep us up

F)Somehow get relegated

G)Release a statement about how disappointing the situation is and promise lessons have been learned 

H)Get promoted and repeat. 

The early mass calls for him to be sacked is exactly the reason I said we should never have hired him. 

Half the fans never wanted him the rest were never going to give him any time with an average to poor start. 

Yet again the board have failed miserably. 

Failed to make an appointment that remotely galvanises the supporter base and failed to see the bleeding obvious. 

Absolute clowns

• Like 3

Just (re) listened to his post match presser.

How he can suggest Abdul for Stephy on the left is a like for like change is both moronic and concerning.

He’s Dean Smith Mk2, he had a good spell at a particular club so their fans have fond memories but neither club would take them back.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SafewayFox said:

Just (re) listened to his post match presser.

How he can suggest Abdul for Stephy on the left is a like for like change is both moronic and concerning.

He’s Dean Smith Mk2, he had a good spell at a particular club so their fans have fond memories but neither club would take them back.

I think Smith might have gotten us more points at this stage. 

9 minutes ago, MattFox said:

Club won’t appoint anyone that doesn’t come from Wasserman or if they don’t have prior experience 

We’re genuinely one of the most backwards clubs in English football 

Cooper isn’t Wasserman. Fall out after Enzo leaving 

I could understand the patience angle if there was something tangible on his CV we could point to. A club where he was part of a project or implemented a style. This is the most moneyed league in the world, I'm simply not having that the Welsh Aidy Boothroyd with one good season in club management (+ Jon Moss) and no ideas is the best we could do. The league was called the Carling Premiership the last time this prat won a game in it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fox85 said:

Corberan had intrest in the job.

Leicester didn't want to spend (money 4 mill) to get him and went for the much cheaper option.

If that is the case it shows how our incompetent board will never learn anything.  Firstly relegation  will cost us far more and when we do go down  we will get hammered by the EFL.

Secondly it will cost that to get rid of Cooper.

47 minutes ago, fleckneymike said:

He’s managed to nullify our best players. 

Ricardo - won’t play him 

Vestergaard - not in the squad

Winks - no more passing in the middle thank you very much

Mavididi - on the bench please. Playing well? Off you come. 
Abdul - I know you finished the season scoring and assisting but do you mind playing on the opposite wing so I can play someone who doesn’t score or assist. 
Mads - could you just kick it long rather than building play like we signed you for?

Our best youth prospect too. 

Alves - told and made to feel that he was part of the first team’s plans. Now not on the bench nor developing on loan. The latter linked to the former. 

48 minutes ago, fleckneymike said:

He’s managed to nullify our best players. 

Ricardo - won’t play him 

Vestergaard - not in the squad

Winks - no more passing in the middle thank you very much

Mavididi - on the bench please. Playing well? Off you come. 
Abdul - I know you finished the season scoring and assisting but do you mind playing on the opposite wing so I can play someone who doesn’t score or assist. 
Mads - could you just kick it long rather than building play like we signed you for?

The other thing looming is any injury to Madds and we've got Ward back! 

That in itself should the man has no football judgement whatsoever and is sackable in my book. 

Yesterday, I was thinking of making the point on here to the "give him time" brigade that Cooper is not the next O'Neill or Pearson, he's more like the next Steve Bruce. I ended up not doing that though, as I took a look at wiki and realised that Bruce actually won quite a few games in his various managerial tenures, and his record actually shits all over Cooper's. THATS how bad Steve Cooper's PL numbers are.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Xen said:

Even the subs warming up just seem to go up towards the corner flag now and stand around not doing much. It's like they're all actively avoiding him.

But he's not lost the dressing room. For that you need to have had the dressing room in the first place. Personally I don't think he's had that yet.

Subs warming up like that says they have no faith he's here long term.

• Like 1