Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Cooper - OUT

4 hours ago, shiv said:

Just not good enough I’m afraid. I was more than willing I give him a chance but my patience has worn after just 5 games.

Tactically, he is inept. In the first half he had our front 4 pressing but our back line super deep which meant Everton were able to glide through our midfield with just a few passes.

He claims to have watched all our games last season, so surely on that basis it’s logical to start Ricardo, Fatawu and Mavididi - our 3 best players.

His in game management is one of the worst I’ve ever seen. I could list so many examples but just focusing on Everton, he should’ve subbed Bilal at HT, 30k fans knew Ayew should’ve come off for Fatawu at 75 mins and you have to give Ricardo some minutes.

Unfortunately he is not learning from his long list of mistakes. His post match interview was alarming. His justification for subbing Mavididi was bizarre - you’re telling me he couldn’t last another 6 minutes lol he also said he’s aware that 4-5 of our goals have come from our right hand side yet continues with Justin at RB.

I was willing to give him a chance after Palace but that’s done it for me. Sadly we all know our inept board won’t do anything until it’s too late.

I agree with most of thos but mavididi was blowing the mistake there was not bringing him off 5-10 minutes earlier to actually give fatawu a chance to do something

3 minutes ago, CUJimmy said:

The mistake was not bringing Ayew off for Fatawu 30 minutes earlier to share the attacking load with Mav because Ayew offered the square root of eff-all going forward.

The biggest mistake was leaving all of the attack down to Mavdidi……. If he had played Abdul or Buonanotte from the start off the right, Mavadidi wouldn’t have had to provide all of the attack. Whenever he got the ball Everton put 3/4 players onto him, so he had to work hard to beat them, which he did exceptionally well…. Appalling management from Cooper, its schoolboy tactics. 

Give them multiple threats to think about, and I know I’ve mentioned it a million times, but Ashley Young…… he’s thirty ****ing nine. 

21 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

The biggest mistake was leaving all of the attack down to Mavdidi……. If he had played Abdul or Buonanotte from the start off the right, Mavadidi wouldn’t have had to provide all of the attack. Whenever he got the ball Everton put 3/4 players onto him, so he had to work hard to beat them, which he did exceptionally well…. Appalling management from Cooper, its schoolboy tactics. 

Give them multiple threats to think about, and I know I’ve mentioned it a million times, but Ashley Young…… he’s thirty ****ing nine. 

Agreed but having started Ayew his mistake was not bringing him off earlier.  Fatawu against Young would have been comical, as you say, he’s half his fúcking age 🤣.

• Like 1

The substitutions always seem to be a bit of afterthought late in the day. Last week against Palace the  changes in the last 10-15 minutes were difficult to understand and changed the shape of the team when composure was needed. This week after a good early change the rest were done in the last 10 minutes rather than really having a go with fresh legs once the we were level and looking better.

It all just seems lacking in planning or ambition and of course several players are seeing very little first team action which cannot help morale

3 minutes ago, TheUltimateWinner said:

Harsh on Smith that, if he’d had a couple more games in charge we’d of stayed up.

Tactically limited manager but he still made us look a decent side at times. 

I liked Smith! Thought he was fine and we would have definitely stayed up, had he been given longer. Also wouldn’t have been bothered if he was given the job, the following summer. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Nickaj said:

I think it was a totally different club with Vichai in charge but just out of interest, how many matches did Sousa last before getting the push?

9 league games, 12 total with the cup. Assuming we beat Walsall would take Cooper up to the next round of the cup (week after Forest at home).

17 minutes ago, Nickaj said:

I think it was a totally different club with Vichai in charge but just out of interest, how many matches did Sousa last before getting the push?

Here's your answer. On 1 October 2010, after less than three months in charge, Sousa was fired after a poor start to the season, with the team having won only once in his first nine league games.[27]

15 minutes ago, TheUltimateWinner said:

Harsh on Smith that, if he’d had a couple more games in charge we’d of stayed up.

Tactically limited manager but he still made us look a decent side at times. 

What finally killed us that year was the two home games against Villa and Bournmouth when we had Waldorf and Stadler in charge.  Not having a replacement lined up when they finally sacked Rodgers was a shocking case of mismanagement.

• Like 1

History is being extremely kind to Dean Smith.

I think he was tactically a dinosaur and his saving grace was the “what if?” in relation to him having more time.

Look at the difference in clear style/Philosophy compared to Enzo and Cooper/Smith….you could see in pre-season under Enzo our patterns of play, how we were set up to defend/attack etc.

I’m not naive and Enzo’s stubbornness can’t be ignored but there is a reason Chelsea came calling for him and Cooper would only get a sniff there as an academy coach.

Edited by SafewayFox
  • Like 4

5 minutes ago, CUJimmy said:

What finally killed us that year was the two home games against Villa and Bournmouth when we had Waldorf and Stadler in charge.  Not having a replacement lined up when they finally sacked Rodgers was a shocking case of mismanagement.

Agreed with this. 

From memory the international break was just before the game they finally pulled plug. Could have sorted it and had those two winnable games to pick up more. 

3 minutes ago, King Claudio said:

Agreed with this. 

From memory the international break was just before the game they finally pulled plug. Could have sorted it and had those two winnable games to pick up more. 

That’s right.  International Break was 25 March, we  lost to Palace on 1 April and Rodgers was sacked the following day.  Smith didn’t come in until 10 April and the Villa/Bournmouth games were in between.