Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Cooper - OUT

22 minutes ago, CUJimmy said:

That’s right.  International Break was 25 March, we  lost to Palace on 1 April and Rodgers was sacked the following day.  Smith didn’t come in until 10 April and the Villa/Bournmouth games were in between.

Absolutely no doubt that if Smith was in charge two weeks earlier we would’ve stayed up. 

No doubt.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Muzzy_no7 said:

Absolutely no doubt that if Smith was in charge two weeks earlier we would’ve stayed up. 

No doubt.

It’s impossible to be certain but I struggle to believe we wouldn’t have got at least a point from one of those two matches which would have been enough.

The one thread of hope I cling to is that Cooper needs to start showing results, otherwise his career is over - no one will want him at their club if he's failed to get any wins here. So against the evidence I'm hoping he turns things around and starts winning a few games (ok not Arsenal that's asking too much). 

3 minutes ago, winteriscoming said:

100%. 
Really hope we look abroad when this prat goes. 
Rudi Garcia 

Urs Fischer 

Niko Kovac 

All also readily available. 

There really is zero evidence we have a succession plan for anyone, less still to look abroad. 

Enzo, Puel and Rainieri all had established English connections. If we'd have had Jesse March, he also fell into that camp. 

The chances of us ever identifying - and appointing - a talent like Bournemouth did are just south of zero. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 2

1 minute ago, Paninistickers said:

There really is zero evidence we have a succession plan for anyone, less still to look abroad. 

Enzo, Puel and Rainieri all had established English connections. If we'd have had Jesse March, he also fell into that camp. 

The chances of us ever identifying - and appointing - a talent like Bournemouth did are just south of zero. 

I live in hope that we do. As unlikely it is I wish we would. I have this horrible feeling we’ll get Southgate. So replacing one negative tactically clueless manager with exactly the same. 

3 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

Which is why the club needs fans to mobilise and challenge the board outside the ground and during the games.

They have it way too easy. 

• Like 4

I’m not sure what some people were expecting. The aim at the start of the season was just to stay up, and when you look at our squad, we’re clearly a bottom-half Premier League side. For me, the fullbacks are the biggest issue. Justin, while athletic, just doesn’t seem to be at Premier League level, and Kristiansen has yet to impress—he makes too many mistakes for me, losing focus or giving the ball away. I’m willing to give Cooper more time, but he’s been overly cautious so far. Not playing Ricardo, who’s been one of our best players for years, not playing Fatawu on the right is questionable, I think he's more dangerous than Ayew. He’s also limiting Buonanotte’s minutes, despite the impact he makes every time he’s on. As a team, we seem to thrive on chaos and frantic play, but we lack top quality. Let’s be honest, it was a scrappy, poor game of football from both sides against Everton. We’re not the same strictly drilled,  strictly coached team we were under Enzo, but at least we’re fighting, which I will get behind.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, CUJimmy said:

The difference is that back then there was a group of senior players, Wes, Kasper etc who Top listened to when things were going wrong but I don’t see that strength of leadership now with the possible exception of Vards.

I’m not saying that was always a good thing because some have said that Kasper particularly had too much influence but it is the reality and is one of the reasons why we are likely to be stuck with the useless gimp until midway through the season at least.

I never had an issue with so-called player power. I'd rather have player power than 25 mercenaries not giving a shit like we had pre-Pearson. The worry is the team spirit we rebuilt last season will drift away. The likes of Coady, Winks, Ricardo and Vardy need to speak up.

• Like 2

Yesterday summed him up for me, we barely laid a glove on them until Mavididi’s scruffy equaliser. We had two shots on target against a club conceding goals right, left and centre. I actually don’t recall Pickford having to make a save of any note  They had a 39 year old left back and a makeshift full back and yet chose to leave Fatawu on the bench until the last 4 minutes. Ricardo saw no game time, Edouard got 10 minutes and he made 3 subs at separate times, surely yesterday was crying out for more changes and a lot earlier than +80 minutes to bring on fresh attacking impetus. 

I watched the game and every time the camera panned to Cooper he genuinely looked lost, like he didn’t know what to do, he is so far out of his depth, we were outplayed for large spells by a team who had not yet picked up a point until yesterday. Everton could and probably should have been 3 or 4 up by the time we equalised. 

The issue and concern I have, is that we aren’t actually that defensively solid despite the negative tactics. we are conceding a lot of very good chances and let’s be clear had Spurs or Everton taken the numerous good chances then we could have been on the end of a couple of heavy defeats.

This is a competitive squad with some decent attacking options so I am more than bemused with his obsession of being so negative and he is genuinely stifling us. I don’t think sacking him will happen this early but it should as he is so clearly out of his depth and it already feels that he is struggling to gain the respect of the squad. 

I hope the club act quickly and decisively and have no concern or regard for external perception, this is a poor appointment and the club need to rectify it at the earliest opportunity, this has been such a downgrade from Enzo. 

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Haywood_6 said:

I’m not sure what some people were expecting. The aim at the start of the season was just to stay up, and when you look at our squad, we’re clearly a bottom-half Premier League side. For me, the fullbacks are the biggest issue. Justin, while athletic, just doesn’t seem to be at Premier League level, and Kristiansen has yet to impress—he makes too many mistakes for me, losing focus or giving the ball away. I’m willing to give Cooper more time, but he’s been overly cautious so far. Not playing Ricardo, who’s been one of our best players for years, not playing Fatawu on the right is questionable, I think he's more dangerous than Ayew. He’s also limiting Buonanotte’s minutes, despite the impact he makes every time he’s on. As a team, we seem to thrive on chaos and frantic play, but we lack top quality. Let’s be honest, it was a scrappy, poor game of football from both sides against Everton. We’re not the same strictly drilled,  strictly coached team we were under Enzo, but at least we’re fighting, which I will get behind.

tbf most of the goals we've let in this season have come down the right, its plain as day for us a change is needed there

if we dont play Fatawu, Mav and Vardy as the front 3 for the bournemouth home game then my word; 

sad thing is, the club wont get rid of him anytime soon, he seems a nice guy, but his tactically limited and seems massively out of his depth at times

Edited by FrankieADZ

24 minutes ago, winteriscoming said:

100%. 
Really hope we look abroad when this prat goes. 
Rudi Garcia 

Urs Fischer 

Niko Kovac 

All also readily available. 

I think you could add Kasper Hjelmund to the list, recently left the Denmark job, think we have been linked with him previously, I really like the way Denmark played under him. Very good tactically and I think he would get a decent tune out of this squad and his team always seemed to play a high intensity style which would be well received by the fanbase. 

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

I think you could add Kasper Hjelmund to the list, recently left the Denmark job, think we have been linked with him previously, I really like the way Denmark played under him. Very good tactically and I think he would get a decent tune out of this squad and his team always seemed to play a high intensity style which would be well received by the fanbase. 

I agree I think the top two should be Schmidt and Hjelmund 

4 minutes ago, Muzzy_no7 said:

I agree I think the top two should be Schmidt and Hjelmund 

Why would the LCFC hierarchy sack a manager after 2 loses and 3 draws? After they appointed him for their own reasons not for ours.

Why do fans genuinely not understand that nothing is gonna happen, regarding the status of our manager, right now. No way.

14 minutes ago, dr.o.ball said:

Why would the LCFC hierarchy sack a manager after 2 loses and 3 draws? After they appointed him for their own reasons not for ours.

Why do fans genuinely not understand that nothing is gonna happen, regarding the status of our manager, right now. No way.

Because last time we waited WAY too long.

It’s so obvious this plonker is holding us back. The squad is more than good enough to be finishing 12th-15th. 

We are playing scared football. 

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, dr.o.ball said:

if Cooper loses majority faith in the fans on matchday, i'd imagine players would follow suit pretty quickly. Boo's at his substitution, think we're quickly approaching that point, i'd bet some players are questioning why Ricardo is getting frozen out and why Abdul isn't getting much of a look in

• Like 1

There's only a couple of reasons why we're not bottom of the league and Cooper gets no credit for any of them.

1. The brilliance of Hermansen in Goal.

2. The Goals from Vardy.

3. The brilliance and Goals from Mavadidi on the Wing.

Without those we'd be adrift and bottom of the league.

• Like 2

I've been critical of our fans being a bit flat during games,  but his team selections and the football we've played doesn't exactly get you excited at any point.

It was truly hopeless yesterday and we made Everton look far better than they are.

Sack him before the games after arsenal as a bad run could leave us too much to do and make us less attractive to the next manager